Lacey Chabert Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Lacey Nicole Chabert
Born in: Purvis, Mississippi, U.S.
Famous as: Actress, Singer
Spouse/Ex-: David Nehdar (m. 2013)
father: Tony Chabert
mother: Julie (née Johnson)
children: Julia Mimi Bella Nehdar
U.S. State: Mississippi
American actress, singer and voice actress Lacey Chabert established her career in the entertainment industry as a child artist. Rising to fame with her role of Claudia Salinger in the show ‘Party of Five’, she became one of America’s most talented child actresses in 1988. Gradually she gained access into the film industry and even accepted offers as a voice actor. She later starred in movies in both lead and guest roles. Her versatility helped her bag different roles under huge banners such as DC Comics, Nickelodeon and Hallmark. As a little girl she grew up singing in front of the mirror. She participated in numerous stage plays and singing shows along with her sisters and always dreamed of becoming either a singer or an actress later in life. With the latter working out for her at a young age, she went on to star in Hollywood films such as ‘Lost in Space’, ‘Mean Girls’, ‘Ghosts of Girlfriends Past’ and ‘Christian Mingle’. Hailing from a small town, she still managed to secure main roles in hit television films like ‘Imaginary Friend’, ‘A Christmas Melody’ and ‘The Brooke Ellison Story’. Lacey has also lent her voice to several memorable animated characters like Eliza Thornberry in ‘The Wild Thornberrys’ and Young Vitani in ‘The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride.
- Lacey Nicole Chabert was born to Julie and Tony Chabert on 30th September, 1982 in the small town of Purvis in Mississippi. Her father is mainly of Cajun and English decent, while her mother is of Scottish and Italian decent.
- She grew up with her two older sisters – Wendy and Chrissy, and her younger brother while her father worked as a maintenance representative at an oil company. She went to regular school and spent most of her childhood with her siblings in the woods.
- Throughout her school days she used to participate in several plays at the inter-school and local level. Her grandmother would take all three Charbet sisters to their music class, and she was even a part of the church choir.
- She participated in the ‘World’s Our Little Miss Scholarship Competition’ in 1985 and she won the title of ‘World’s Baby Petite’ in the competition.
- This wasn’t her only achievement. In 1992, while holidaying in New York she was spotted by a Broadway company that offered her the part of Cosette in the play ‘Les Miserables’. She enacted the role at several theatres for one year and this way a star was born.
- Her role as Cosette opened up several doors for her as an actress. In 1993, when she was only eleven, she was offered to be a part of the ‘Best Learning Songs Video Ever!’ and ‘Best Busy People Video Ever!’ as voice artist.
- The same year she also played the part of Baby June Hovick in the musical drama ‘Gypsy’. In 2004, she lent her voice in the ‘Best Silly Stories and Songs Video Ever!’ and ‘Best Sing-Along Mother Goose Video Ever!
- However, she became a star with her main role as Claudia Salinger in the teen drama ‘Party of Five’ in which she played a talented orphan violinist struggling to find her means to stardom. The show ran for six seasons, and spanned 142 episodes.
- Following her acclaimed performance she guest starred in numerous TV shows such as ‘ABC Afterschool Special’ and ‘Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles’ in which she played Bobbi Porter.
- In 1997, she played Jenny Newhall in the TV film ‘When Secrets Kill’, she voiced Jill in ‘Babes in Toyland and was a guest voice actor in the show ‘Hey Arnold’ on Nickelodeon.
- On the Hollywood front, she was offered the role of Penny Robinson in the 1988 sci-fi adventure film ‘Lost in Space’. One of her most prestigious works as a child artist was her voice role of Young Vitani in the legendary Disney movie ‘The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride.
- From 1998 to 2004, Lacey became a famous voice actor with her voice role of Elizabeth Thornberry in the Nickelodeon animated series ‘The Wild Thornberrys’ which aired for 85 episodes. She appeared in the comedy teen drama ‘Not another Teen Movie’ as Amanda Becker.
- Meanwhile, she guest starred in ‘Stories From My Childhood’ as Jenny, and also voiced Callista in ‘Hercules’, Tanya in ‘An American Tail’ and as Cindy in ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas’. She also landed a recurring voice role in the adult sitcom ‘Family Guy’.
- In 2002, she featured in guest roles in the hit series of ‘The Proud Family’, ‘Strong Medicine’ and ‘The Drew Carey Show’. She voiced the character Eliza Thornberry once again in the ‘Rugrats Go Wild: The Video Game’.
- In 2004, she was cast in the title role for the TV film ‘The Brooke Ellison Story’. After auditioning for ‘Mean Girls’ she landed the role of Gretchen Wieners’ in the main cast of the movie.
- She appeared in the 2006 ABC Family TV film ‘Hello Sister, Goodbye Life’ as Olivia Martin. The same year, she also starred in ‘Black Christmas’, ‘The Pleasure Drivers’ and ‘Fatwa’.
- In 2008, she was cast in ‘The Spectacular Spider-Man’ and the voice star for the main character, Gwen Stacy where she worked closely with Marvel entertainment and played Jane in the Television movie ‘The Lost’.
- She soon became a sought after voice actor and took up leading roles in voice acting in animated and cartoon shows such as ‘Young Justice’, ‘Transformers: Rescue Bots’, ‘Allen Gregory’, ‘The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ and ‘Robot Chicken’.
- In 2012, she came out in a TV Film named ‘Imaginary Friend’ in the leading role of Emma Turner alongside Ethan Embry. She plays an artist haunted by an imaginary friend from her childhood in the movie, whose husband wants to have her sent to a mental institution.
- She also starred as the protagonist in the romantic comedy ‘Slightly Single in L.A.’ as Dale Squire. The next year, she was cast for the main role of Maggie in movie ‘Anything is Possible’ and in the horror film ‘Scarecrow’ as Kristen Miller.
- She has been in the industry for over two decades, and continues to work with the same zest with which she began her career, which is evident in her performances as Gweyneth Hayden in ‘Christian Mingle’ and as Emily Taylor in ‘A Royal Christmas’.
- In 2015, she starred in ‘The Lost Tree’, ‘All of My Heart’ and ‘A Wish for Christmas’. On the other hand the same year she shone on television too by playing the role of Kristin in the television drama ‘A Christmas Melody’.
- Since 2016, she has voiced several characters such as Zeta the Sorceress in ‘Shimmer and Shine’, Coorah in ‘Kulipari: An Army of Frogs’, as Vitani in ‘The lion Guard’ and Zatanna Zatara in the ‘Justice league Action’.
- Her first mega role was in the TV series ‘Party of Five’ in which she worked under the Fox banner.The show was a huge success attracting millions of viewers and was even ranked as one of the best TV dramas. Her performance on the show was highly appraised and shortly after the show ended, all six seasons of the show was released on DVD.
- With her 1998 voice performance in ‘The Wild Thornberrys’ she became a celebrated voice artist. The Nickelodeon show received a rating of five stars, with the media considering it as the best show for kids. It became the most watched newest cartoon in 1998.
- The 2004 film ‘Mean Girls’ also added a feather to her bonnet. Her performance was acclaimed by critics, and the movie grossed over 129 million dollars. The film was four star rated, and received 84% positive reviews from ‘Rotten Tomatoes’.
- Corbin Bernsen’s rom-com ‘Christian Mingle’ in which Lacey plays the protagonist, received mixed reviews. However, her performance in the movie was credited. The film was released on VOD in 2014.
- In 1997 and 1998 she was awarded the ‘Annual Young Star Award’ in the category of ‘Best Performance by a Young Actress in TV Series’ for her performance in ‘Party for Five’.
- In 1999 she won an award at the ‘Young Artist Awards’ for ‘Best Performance in a TV Drama series – Leading Young Actress’ once again for ‘Party for Five’.
- In 2005, she won the ‘MTV Movie Award’ for ‘Best On-screen Team’ alongside Lindsay lohan, Amanda Seyfried and Rachel McAdams for the movie ‘Mean Girls’.
- Owing to her consecutive successes in the film and television industry, she became the cover girl of the international ‘Maxim’ magazine in January, 2007.
- In 2013 and 2015, she was nominated for ‘Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series’ at the ‘BTVA Television Voice Acting Awards’.
- On being flooded with offers from television and films she moved to South California along with her family in early 1994.
- She and David Nehdar dated for many years until the couple decided to finally tie the knot on 22nd December, 2013 in Los Angeles.
- After 3 years, the couple was blessed with their first born on 1st September, 2016. Their baby girl was named Julia Mimi Bella.
- Lacey is a keen photographer, and judged and promoted the national school photography contest in the year 1999-2000, at the ‘Eastman Kodak Company’s ‘The Yearbook Click’ event.
Lacey Chabert Movies
1. Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011)
(Action, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure)
2. All of My Heart (2015)
(Comedy, Family, Romance)
3. Mean Girls (2004)
4. A Royal Christmas (2014)
(Romance, Comedy, Family)
5. Matchmaker Santa (2012)
6. Baby Daddy (2012)
(Romance, Comedy, Family, Drama)
7. The Brooke Ellison Story (2004)
8. Elevator Girl (2010)
(Romance, Comedy, Family)
|2005||Best On-Screen Team||Mean Girls (2004)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed