Kristin Kreuk Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Kristin Laura Kreuk
Born in: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Famous as: Actress
father: Peter Kreuk
mother: Deanna Che
siblings: Justine Kreuk
City: Vancouver, Canada
education: Eric Hamber Secondary School
Kristin Laura Kreuk is a Canadian actress who is well known for her popular roles in television shows and films like ‘Smallville’, ‘Beauty & the Beast’, ‘Eurotrip’, ‘Partition’, and ‘Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li’. Kreuk got her first big break in the TV movie ‘Snow White: The Fairest of Them All’ and after that, she made a name for herself in the series ‘Smallville’ in which she was critically appreciated for her performance. She became a household name through her work on television. Though her film career has not been as successful as her television career, she has done fantastic work in some movies for which she earned praise from the critics. Kreuk, in her own words, is very “shy” and leads a “boring” life; however, she is very fond of reading, writing, dancing, knitting, and gymnastics as well as spending time with friends. She, along with her friend Rosena Bhura, started their own production company titled ‘Parvati Creative Inc’. She has also appeared in Neutrogena’s worldwide advertising campaign and is a proud member of Red Cross, Greenpeace, and UNICEF.
- Kristin Laura Kreuk was born on December 30, 1982, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Her parents, Peter Kreuk and Deanna Che, are both landscape architects by profession. She has Dutch and Chinese ancestry. She has a younger sister named Justine Kreuk.
- She trained in karate and gymnastics when she was in middle school but later dropped once she entered her high school days as she suffered from scoliosis. She wanted to pursue a major in psychology or forensic science from the Simon Fraser University but a call from the casting director for the CBC television series ‘Edgemont’ changed her mind and paved the way for an altogether different career path.
- Kristin Kreuk started her full-fledged acting career on television by appearing in the CBC television series ‘Edgemont’ in 2001. After completing her shooting for the first season of the show, she hired an agent for herself who helped her get a role in the television movie ‘Snow White: The Fairest of Them All’. The movie was aired on ABC in 2001 and was also released on DVDs.
- After the success of her first two works in the show business, she was signed for the role of ‘Tenar’ in the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries ‘Legend of Earthsea’ in 2004.
- Her agent then contacted screenwriters Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and she eventually got a chance to audition for the character of ‘Lana Lang´ in the WB Network series ‘Smallville’ which she successfully bagged.
- She kept juggling her work between ‘Edgemont’ and ‘Smallville’ before her stint with ‘Edgemont’ ended in 2005. Three years later in 2008, she left ‘Smallville’ after appearing for the first seven seasons.
- After the success of these television series, Kreuk did a number of shows like ‘Chuck’ and the television movie ‘Ben Hur’ between 2009 and 2010. Later she was signed for The CW's reboot of ‘Beauty & the Beast’, where she played the role of the lead female character. She appeared on the show between 2012 and 2016, as the show ended in its fourth season that year.
- Despite being an accomplished TV actress, Kristin Kreuk did not enjoy the same good fortune in her film career in which she made her debut in 2004. She starred in the film ‘Eurotrip’, playing the role of ‘Fiona’, the love interest of the male protagonist played by Matt Damon.
- She then appeared in the film ‘Partition’ based on the historical events of the ‘Partition of India in 1947. She played the role of ‘Naseem’ who witnesses her world crumbling under the traumatic circumstances and falls in love with an ex-British Indian Army officer. She also starred in films like ‘Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li’ in 2009, ‘Vampire’ in 2011, ‘Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy’ in 2011 and ‘Space Milkshake’ in 2012.
- Kreuk set up her own production house named ‘Parvati Creative Inc’ along with her friend Rosena Bhura who she had met on the sets of ‘Partition.’ According to Kreuk and her partner, their production house works on “human-centric films as seen through a female lens”. Till date, there have been two projects under the newly-formed production house, the short film ‘Blink, directed by Rick Rosenthal and the comedy web series titled ‘Queenie’.
- In 2001, Kristin Kreuk landed a role in the WB Network series titled ‘Smallville’, thanks to her agent who sent her audition tapes to Alfred Gough and Miles Millar who were the screenwriters of the show. She appeared regularly for seven seasons, playing Lana Lang, the love interest of teenager ‘Clark Kent’ prior to his becoming Superman. She was paid $40,000 per episode until the third season and after that, a hefty $270,000 per episode until the end of her stint with the show.
- Kristin Kreuk won the ‘Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress’ award at the ‘People's Choice Awards’ in 2014 and 2015 for her role in ‘Beauty & the Beast’. She was also nominated for ‘Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi’ award at the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ twice for the same role.
- She won a total of nine nominations in various award shows for her work in ‘Smallville’, including ‘Saturn Awards’ and ‘Teen Choice Awards.’
- Kristin Laura Kreuk leads a very private life and likes spending time with her family and friends. She has been in a relationship with actor Mark Hildreth for a long time and currently resides in Toronto. She admits to being a “shy” person who likes to live a “boring life”.
- In June 2002, she was ranked at number 10 in FHM's ‘100 Sexiest Girls’ of 2002 poll, U.K. edition and also ranked at number 71 in FHM's Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition the same year.
- In 2003, she was voted in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list, ranked at number 24.
- In 2005, she was ranked at the top of ‘50 Sexiest Women of the Year’ list by ‘Femme Fatales'.
- Kreuk won a purple belt in Karate during her school days.
- She was named at number 28 and number 46 in FHM's ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World’ list in 2005 and 2006 respectively.
Kristin Kreuk Movies
1. Partition (2007)
2. Space Milkshake (2012)
3. EuroTrip (2004)
4. Vampire (2011)
(Drama, Horror, Thriller)
5. Ecstasy (2011)
6. Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)
|2015||Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress||Winner|
|2014||Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed