Kirk Frost Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Georgia
Famous as: Rapper, Reality TV Star
father: Thomas Frost
mother: Gloria Frost
children: Cherry Nicole, Kannon, Karter Frost, Kelsie, Ky Frost
U.S. State: Georgia
Kirk Frost is an American singer-songwriter, TV personality, hip-hop artist, and record producer. He is one of the cast members of the VH1 reality series ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’. A native of Georgia, Frost developed a love for music pretty early in his life. He started off in the music industry as a manager of the hip-hop trio Da Kaperz and even made an appearance in the music video for one of the earliest tracks of the group, ‘Don’t Stop’. Frost is the owner of his own record label, D-Lo. Entertainment. His relationship with Rasheeda, one of the members of Da Kaperz, developed into a romantic one. They married in 1999 and have two children together. Besides owning a record label, Frost also works as a consultant to several artists and entertainment companies when it comes to licensing and song placements. His music has been featured in various TV shows and films, including ‘MTV's Cribs’, ‘CSI: Miami’, ‘Lincoln Heights’, ‘Paul Blart: Mall Cop’ and ‘The Fog’.
- Kirk Frost grew up in the 1970s Georgia, deeply influenced by the state’s rich culture. He began his career in the music industry as a manager to Da Kaperz, a hip-hop group consisting of three women: Rasheeda, KiKi, and KP. He soon became the owner of D-Lo. Entertainment, the record label through which Da Kaperz—andlater Rasheeda, as a solo artist—would release all their music. Despite the marital problems, Rasheeda did not stop working with Frost and is still signed to his record label.
- Frost was first featured prominently in the music video for Da Kaperz’s song ‘Don’t Stop.’ After the group split, Frost continued to work with the girls. He was the man behind the platinum-certified single ‘Shorty Swing My Way’ by KP and Envyi.
- Frost and Rasheeda have been part of the main cast of the reality show, ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’, since its first season. They are two of the most controversial people on the show. Currently airing its seventh season, the show is about the daily lives of notable figures associated with Southern hip-hop.
- On July 26, 2016, stripper Jasmine Washington gave birth to her son Kannon. In January 2017, she alleged that Frost was the father of her son. She further stated that she had been his mistress for a long time and in exchange, he gave her a monthly allowance and let her use one of his cars. However, after Kannon’s birth, she expressed her desire for a split and from that point onwards, Frost began to claim that Kannon was not his son and cut off the financial aid completely.
- After the news of this scandal became public, it deeply affected Frost and Rasheeda’s marriage. There had been accusations of infidelity against Frost even prior to this. It was even claimed that he virtually flaunted his extra-marital escapades on ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’. Many fans of the show wanted Rasheeda to leave Frost. In September 2017, it was reported that it had finally happened. Rasheeda confirmed in an interview on Dish Nation that she and her husband had split.
- As Frost was denying any responsibility, Washington filed a paternity case against him before Georgia’s family court. She and her lawyer were told to serve the court papers to Frost within two weeks. It took them two months to find him and give the papers, but by then, the case had been dismissed. However, it is also possible that Frost and Washington settled out of court.
- Rasheeda filed for divorce after Frost repeatedly refused a paternity test. After Frost’s mother passed away, the couple seemed to have reconciled.
- Kirsk Frost was born on May 25, 1969 in Georgia to Gloria and Thomas Frost. Little to no information is available on his childhood and upbringing.
- Frost met Rasheeda Buckner when she was still an adolescent. Rasheeda had formed a hip-hop group named Da Kaperz with two of her school friends. They signed to his D-Lo. Entertainment. After a year, she began her solo career with Frost still serving as her manager. Soon a relationship bloomed between the two and in 1999, they were married.
- Their oldest son, Ky, was born on October 4, 2000, and was followed by their second son, Karter, on August 21, 2013. The family resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Frost has other children as well, including Kelsie and Cherry Nicole, from his previous relationships. In 2016, exotic dancer and Frost’s co-star on ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’, Jasmine Washington, claimed that he was secretly the father of her newborn son, Kannon, and filed a paternity suit against him. However, it was eventually thrown out as Washington could not serve Frost the court papers within the given time.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed