Kim Raver Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born Country: United States
Born in: New York City, New York
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Manu Boyer (m. 2000)
mother: Tina Raver
children: Leo Kipling Boyer, Luke West Boyer
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Northfield Mount Hermon School, Boston University
Kim Raver is an American actress best recognized for her television roles as Audrey Raines on ‘24,’ Teddy Altman on ‘Grey's Anatomy’ and Kim Zambrano on ‘Third Watch.’ She has also starred in a number of feature films. Raver got her start as a child actor in 1975, featuring on the children’s education series ‘Sesame Street’. As a child, Raver attended a boarding school and later earned her B.F.A. in drama from Boston University. She continues to study theater with her mentor and teacher Wynn Handman. She made her film debut with the 2002 feature flick ‘Martin & Orloff’ and eventually went on to appear in various sitcoms and movies. A physically fit woman, she spends her leisure time practicing yoga and running. Besides English, the talented actress is fluent French and German, a language she learned from her German-born mother.
- Kim Raver began acting at the age of six when she was cast in the 1975 educational series ‘Sesame Street’. Years later, in 1999, she was cast for the role of Kim Zambrano in the crime drama ‘Third Watch’. She made her big screen debut with the 2002 feature flick ‘Martin & Orloff’. Two years later, the actress joined the cast of the action drama ‘24’ as ‘Audrey Raines’. That year she also starred in ‘Mind the Gap’, a multi-story comedy movie that moves back and forth between multiple stories that associate with each other by the movie’s end.
- During 2006 and 2007, Raver played Kathryn Hale in the sitcom ‘The Nine.’ She was featured in ‘Night at the Museum’ (2006), a fantasy-comedy about a divorced father who starts working as a night watchman at a museum and eventually realizes that the exhibits come to life at night. This was followed by her role in the comedy drama ‘Lipstick Jungle’. In 2009, the actress began playing Dr. Teddy Altman in the medical drama series ‘Grey's Anatomy’. She next had recurring roles in ‘Revolution’ and ‘24: Live another Day’.
- Following a guest appearance in the crime procedural drama ‘Bones’, Raver played Madeline Faulkner in the 2015 anthology series ‘Full Circle’. Two years later, she was featured in a few episodes each of ‘APB’ and ‘Ray Donovan.’ In 2018, she portrayed the character of Andrea Frost in the political thriller drama ‘Designated Survivor’ and also voiced Captain Marvel in ‘Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors’.
- Kim Raver was born on March 15, 1969 in New York City, New York, USA to Tina Raver. Her stepfather’s name is Chris. Raver has a sister named Cybele, two half-brothers, William and Jacob, and three half-sisters, Grace, Nadja and Aimée. She studied at the boarding school Northfield Mount Hermon School and later graduated from Boston University with a degree in drama.
- Talking about her love life, Raver has been married to writer cum director Manuel Boyer since 2000. They couple has two sons, Leo Kipling and Luke West.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed