Kiernan Shipka Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Kiernan Brennan Shipka
Born in: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Famous as: Voice Actress
father: John Young Shipka
mother: Erin Ann Shipka
City: Chicago, Illinois
U.S. State: Illinois
Kiernan Shipka is an American actor, best known for her performance as ‘Sabrina Spellman’ in the supernatural horror series ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.’ Shipka has several TV series and movies to her credit. She first appeared on screen when she was a baby. When Shipka was 5 months old, she made her TV debut with the series ‘ER.’ At the age of 5, she started taking ballet classes. Kiernan Shipka got her first big break when she was cast in the series ‘Mad Men.’ She played a recurring character in the first three seasons and became a regular presence from its fourth to its seventh seasons. As part of the cast of ‘Mad Men,’ Shipka received the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.’ Later, she played prominent roles in movies such as ‘The Blackcoat’s Daughter’ and ‘The Silence.’ Shipka is a voice actor, too. She lent her voice to ‘Jinora’ in the animated series ‘The Legend of Korra.’ She also lent her voice to series such as ‘Sofia the First’ and ‘When Marnie Was There.’ Shipka was named as one of ‘The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014’ by ‘Time’ magazine. She currently appears as ‘Sabrina’ in the series ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.’ Shipka has received several awards for her performances.
- Kiernan Brennan Shipka was born on November 10, 1999, in Chicago, Illinois, to John Young Shipka and Erin Ann. Her father is a real-estate developer. She has a sister. Her father is of Bohemian, Czech, German, and English descent. Her mother is of Italian and Irish descent.
- Shipka started attending ballroom dance classes from the age of 5. She plays the piano and is an expert in martial arts, too. When Shipka was 6 years old, her parents moved to Los Angeles in order to support her acting career. As Shipka stepped into the field of acting at a young age, she was not able to attend regular schools. She joined the ‘Laurel Springs School’ for online studies. She completed her high school through online classes.
- Kiernan Shipka made her debut on screen when she was 5 months old. She appeared in the medical drama series ‘ER.’ As a baby, Shipka did commercial-print modeling. In 2006, Shipka made her acting debut with an episode of the detective series ‘Monk.’ The same year, she appeared in the TV movie ‘The Angriest Man in Suburbia.’
- In 2007, Shipka appeared in a small role in the TV series ‘Cory in the House.’ She was seen in one-episode roles in series such as ‘MADtv’ and ‘Heroes.’ The same year, she performed as ‘Molly’ in the movie ‘Dimension.’ From 2007 to 2009, Shipka was seen in several episodes of the late-night talk show ‘Jimmy Kennel Live!’
- In 2007, Kiernan Shipka bagged the role that turned out to be an important milestone in her acting career. She was chosen to portray ‘Sally Draper’ in the TV series ‘Mad Men.’ It was a period drama set in the 1960s. It was aired on the ‘AMC’ network. The series focused on a fictional advertising agency and the personal lives of its employees. ‘Sally Draper’ was the daughter of two major characters of the series. She had a recurring presence in the first three seasons of the show. She became a regular presence from the fourth season. ‘Sally’ had a troubled childhood, as she had to witness her parents’ divorce. She had strained relations with her mother. Shipka performed her part brilliantly. In 2008 and 2009, Shipka won the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.’
- In 2009, Shipka performed as ‘Jodie’ in the horror movie ‘Carriers.’ The film was about a group of people trying to survive a viral pandemic. Her character, ‘Jodie,’ was a member of the group infected by the disease. In 2010, Shipka performed in short films such as ‘The Ryan and Randy Show’ and ‘Squeaky Clean.’
- In 2012, Shipka performed as herself in the series ‘Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23.’ In 2013, she performed as ‘Eleanor’ in the movie ‘Very Good Girls.’ Shipka has performed as a voice actor, too. From 2012 to 2014, she lent her voice to ‘Jinora’ in the animated series ‘The Legend of Korra.’ Her character was one of the lead characters of the series.
- In 2013, Shipka lent her voice to ‘Oona’ in three episodes of the animated series ‘Sofia the First.’ In 2014, she performed as a voice actor in the English-dubbed version of the Japanese anime drama movie ‘When Marnie Was There.’ She lent her voice to the titular character, ‘Marnie.’
- In 2014, Shipka played ‘Cathy Dollanganger,’ one of the lead roles, in the TV movie ‘Flowers in the Attic.’ In 2015, she played ‘Kat,’ a prominent character, in the supernatural horror ‘The Blackcoat’s Daughter.’
- In 2017, Shipka appeared as ‘B.D. Merrill’ in the American anthology series ‘Feud.’ It was a recurring role, and she appeared in five episodes of the series. The same year, Shipka performed as a voice actor in animated series such as ‘American Dad!,’ ‘Family Guy,’ and ‘Neo Yokio.’
- In 2018, Shipka earned another prominent role of her career. She was chosen to play ‘Sabrina Spellman,’ the protagonist, in the supernatural horror series ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.’ The series features her as a character who is half-human and half-witch. It is available on ‘Netflix.’ In 2019, Shipka played ‘Ally Andrews,’ the lead role in the horror movie ‘The Silence.’ As the character was deaf, Shipka learned sign language for the movie.
- Kiernan Shipka is reportedly single. She is an accomplished ‘Taekwondo’ practitioner.
- In 2014, Shipka was named one of ‘The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014’ by ‘Time’ magazine. She is a regular follower of the latest fashion trends. She names Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn as her fashion influences.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed