Katt Williams Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Micah Sierra Katt Williams
Born in: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Famous as: Stand-up Comedian, Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Eboni Gray (m. 2010)
children: Leanne Williams, Micah Williams
City: Cincinnati, Ohio
Katt Williams is a noted American stand-up comedian and actor who is best known for his character of Money Mike in ‘Friday After Next’. Having been in the entertainment business for two decades now, William surely has crafted a well-deserved place for himself in the business. Interestingly, Williams creative pursuits started early. A bright student, he let go off his studies purposely to pursue a career in comedy. William had realized early in life about his knack for making people laugh. Not long thereafter, he gave up on everything (home, comforts and education) to solely concentrate on his acts as a comedian. He was underage when he performed his first live stand-up comedy act. Honing his comedic skills and timing, he went on to become a routine feature in comedy clubs and shows. He has also appeared in films and television shows thus expanding his boundaries and audience reach. People love his pimp-like image that he puts up on screen and stage. With so much talent and dedication, William surely has a long way to go.
- Katt Williams was born as Micah Sierra Williams on September 2, 1971 in Cincinnati, Ohio. He spent much of his growing up years in Dayton.
- Initially, Williams attended Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School. Thereafter, he enrolled at Colonel White High School, where he excelled in his studies.
- At the age of 12, he won several awards for his science projects that gained him a full scholarship to the National Science Academy in Dayton. However, strange as it may seem to be, when William came to know of the scholarship, he purposely failed th test in order to get disqualified.
- Williams' creative energies beckoned him. To give wings to his artistic pursuits, he soon moved away from his parents. The fact that he would be stranded and shall be homeless with no support did not deter his rising spirit. For four years, William lived in a park in Coconut Grove, Miami. He sold magazines and books door to door to make a living. He even robbed cars for radios.
- Katt Williams was underage when he did his first live stand-up comedy routine in an improvisation bar where he was well-received by the audience. Fascinated by the fact that the profession gave him the opportunity to tickle a funny bone of the audience, he soon became a regular, performing routinely in clubs across Oklahoma and Oakland. He soon perfected his comic sense and honed his delivery time to crack out good humor.
- By 1999, Williams has established his name as a noteworthy comedian in the entertainment circuit. He graced the stages of ‘The Improv’, ‘The Comedy Club’, ‘The Icehouse’ and ‘The Hollywood Park Casino’.
- In no time, William became a regular on the BET Network, appearing on shows such as Comic View, Rip the Runway, Black Carpet, 106th & Park, The BET Awards and BET Comedy Awards.
- While establishing his comedy career, Williams’ acting career also took-off. In 2002, he made his television debut in television with the American drama ‘NYPD Blue’. During this time, he also starred in ‘Wild n Out’, appearing for several seasons of the show.
- In 2002, Williams also made his debut in films with the stone comedy ‘Friday After Next’. It was the third instalment of the Friday series. The film earned him widespread recognition and gave him a global fan base. It made him a comedian to reckon with.
- In 2006, Williams starred in his first flagship show, a comedy special titled ‘Katt Williams: Live: Let a Playa Play’. In the same year, he came up with his second stand-up comedy special show, a first at HBO, titled ‘The Pimp Chronicles, Pt1’. His comedy piece ‘This Shit Right Here Nigga’ was brilliantly received. Both the shows extended his fan base and made him extremely popular.
- In 2007, Williams was offered the role of a stand-up comedian in the film ‘American Hustle’. Bagging critical success, the film established Williams’ reputation as a mainstream comedian. Same year, he provided the voice in ‘The Boondocks’. Later, he played as on-stage stand-up comedian in ‘Grand Theft Auto IV’.
- Katt Williams played a recurring character of Bobby Shaw in the series ‘My Wife and Kids’. He also served as a roastmaster of the Comedy central ‘Roast of Flavor Flav’. He played supporting roles in films like ‘First Sunday’, ‘Norbit’, ‘Internet Dating’, ‘Lonely Street’, ‘Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of the Kitty Galore’, ‘Marshals’ and so on.
- In 2008, Williams came up with his second HBO comedy special, a political stand-up entitled ‘It’s Pimpim Pimpin’. It was essentially Williams’ debut studio album as well.
- Following this, Williams went on a hiatus for four years. During his years of not doing stand-up comedy, William indulged in documentaries. He acted as a host in ‘Katt Williams Presents: Katthouse’ and starred in the documentaries ‘Katt Williams: Pimpadelic’ and ‘Katt Williams: 9 Lives’.
- Year 2012 marked the return of Williams to the stand-up comedy circuit. He was seen in his third HBO comedy special titled ‘Kattpacalypse’. Though he announced his retirement on December 3, after he was imprisoned, he came out of it to resume his career journey just three days later.
- In 2013, Williams went on his ‘Growth Spurt Tour’. He returned to HBO with a new show titled ‘Williams: Priceless: Afterlife’ under the direction of Spike Lee.
- Acting and comedy apart, Williams has also tried his hand at singing. He has rapped songs for a couple of artists including Baby Bash, The Game, Suga Free under the name Money Mike.
- In 2006, Williams unofficially joined New York rapper Cam’ron’ group ‘The Diplomats’ as an artist. In 2013, together with Hell Rell he released a diss song titled ‘Lames in the Game’
- The biggest breakthrough of Katt Williams’ life came in when he made his debut as an actor with the stone comedy ‘Friday After Next’. Third instalment of the Friday series, the film was well received both critically and commercially. Furthermore, although Williams had become a noted comedian in the club circles and stage shows, his fame compounded meteorically after ‘Friday After Next’, making him a household name. It helped him earn a global fan base and made him immensely popular, admired and loved.
- Not much is known about Katt Williams’ personal life except for the fact that Williams is married to Quadirah Locus. In 1995, the couple welcomed their son, Micah. However, the marriage did not last long and ended in a divorce. William got the custody of his son.
- Today, apart from his biological son Micah, William has adopted children as well whom he aspires to give a good life. In 2008, he moved with his children to South Dakota.
Katt Williams Movies
1. Friday After Next (2002)
2. Father Figures (2017)
3. Rebound (2005)
(Sport, Comedy, Family)
4. School Dance (2014)
(Drama, Comedy, Music)
5. First Sunday (2008)
(Comedy, Crime, Drama)
6. The Perfect Holiday (2007)
(Comedy, Fantasy, Family, Romance)
7. Norbit (2007)
8. Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010)
(Comedy, Fantasy, Family, Action)
|2018||Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series||Atlanta (2016)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed