Kathleen Bassett Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Bowling Green, Ohio
Famous as: Dabo Swinney's Wife
Spouse/Ex-: Dabo Swinney (m. 1994)
mother: Bette Bassett
children: Clay Swinney, Drew Swinney, Will Swinney
U.S. State: Ohio
Kathleen Bassett is a famous philanthropist and former educator. She is better known as the wife of Dabo Swinney, the head coach of ‘Clemson Tigers Football Team.’ She has worked in several awareness programs and various social causes, including several breast cancer awareness campaigns. She is a cancer survivor. A teacher by profession, Kathleen has also played a major role in building her husband’s career. She is given high regards by the boys who attend her husband’s football academy. In fact, she is referred to as the ‘First Lady of Clemson’ at the academy. Kathleen is a proud mother of three and wants her sons to follow in their father’s footsteps.
- Kathleen spent most of her teenage years in Alabama. She studied at the ‘Pelham High School’ and was among the most brilliant students at the school. She became a member of the ‘School Safety Patrol’ team when she was in her fourth grade. She was also a member of the student council. Kathleen was later chosen as the cheerleader of the school’s football team.
- After earning a bachelor's degree with a major in ‘Elementary Education,’ Kathleen started teaching at an elementary school in Alabama. She also took up another job at ‘Shelton State Community College,’ where she worked in the night shift. She then quit her job during her pregnant.
- Kathleen is no more into teaching, but has emerged as an important contributor to the ‘Clemson Football Academy.’ She serves as an inspiration to the boys training at the academy and takes good care of their mental well-being. Kathleen is loved by the students at the academy and is often referred to as the ‘First Lady of Clemson.’
- Kathleen is married to the head coach of ‘Clemson Tigers Football Team’ Dabo Swinney. Dabo is her childhood sweetheart, since their first grade. Kathleen and Dabo have been together since then.
- During their school days, they used to take part in sports and cultural events together. They both were members of the school council. It was because of Dabo’s efforts that Kathleen was elected as a member of ‘Safety Patrol Team.’
- After finishing their junior school, they got themselves enrolled at the same high school. After graduating from high school, Dabo went to ‘The University of Alabama.’ The following year, Kathleen too, joined the university but as an intern. She later got herself enrolled at the university as a student and continued her education at the university.
- She has always supported Dabo under all circumstances. Dabo had a troubled childhood, but with Kathleen by his side, he sailed through the miseries of his life. Kathleen and Dabo exchanged their wedding vows in 1994. They are now proud parents of three handsome boys: Drew, Will, and Clay.
- Kathleen Bassett was born on March 27, 1971, in Bowling Green, Ohio, to Jeffrey and Bette Bassett. She was raised along with two sisters and a brother. Her sister Ann Cicero was also diagnosed with cancer. However, she is now undergoing treatment and is on her road to recovery.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed