Katherine McNamara Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Katherine Grace McNamara
Born in: Kansas City, Missouri
Famous as: Actress
father: Evan McNamara
mother: Ursula McNamara
U.S. State: Missouri
education: Drexel University
Katherine McNamara, or Katherine Grace McNamara, is an accomplished American actress, songwriter, singer, and dancer. She is known for her roles as Clary Fray in the fantasy TV series ‘Shadowhunters’ and Harper Munroe in the MTV comedy series ‘Happyland’. Although now more focused on television and films, the young lady started her career on Broadway at the mere age of thirteen. Since then, she has been highly active in the acting world and has managed to earn considerable name and fame. Besides acting, McNamara is passionate about all forms of dance, such as tap, ballet, hip hop, jazz, hula, and others. She also loves playing guitar and enjoys songwriting and singing as well. The beautiful actress was once nominated for the Teen Choice Awards. Among other achievements, she has successfully created a huge fan base, with millions of fans all across the globe. Today, McNamara has also got a strong fan following on the social media. As of May 2017, she has 1.5m and 952k followers on Instagram and Twitter respectively.
- Katherine McNamara was born on November 22, 1995 in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S to Evan and Ursula McNamara. She is the only child of her parents. A brilliant student, she was part-homeschooled and got her high school diploma at the age of 14. After that, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Drexel University. As of now, the actress is studying Applied Economics and is on her way to earn a Master of Science degree in the subject from Johns Hopkins University.
- Katherine McNamara started her acting journey at the age of 13, in the Broadway production of the play ‘A Little Night Music’. In this play, she appeared as Fredrika Armfeldt and starred opposite Angela Lansbury and Catherine Zeta-Jones. She continued with the Broadway, appearing in plays, such as ‘A Christmas Story, the Musical’, ‘The Crucible’, ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’, ‘Galileo’, ‘Annie’, ‘The Secret Garden’ and ‘Inherit the Wind’. From 2007 to 2010, the actress did a handful of short-films. During that time, she also made guest appearances in a number of television series, including ‘30 Rock’ and ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’. In 2011, McNamara made her big screen debut through the theatrical movie ‘New Year's Eve’ by portraying the character of Lily Bowman in it.
- In 2012-13, the American beauty had a recurring role in the Disney XD series titled ‘Kickin' It. She also did two independent films ‘Contest’ and ‘Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn’ along with two episodes of Disney Channel’s ‘Jessie’ in 2013. The following year, McNamara was cast in the lead role of Harper Munroe in MTV’s ‘Happyland’. She also appeared in the TV series titled ‘A Wife's Nightmare’ that year. In 2015, she did three movies, namely ‘A Sort of Homecoming’, ‘Natural Selection’ and ‘Maze Runner’ along with the television projects ‘R.L. Stine's Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls’ and ‘The Fosters’ respectively. After that, she was offered roles in the flicks ‘Is That a Gun in Your Pocket?’ and ‘Little Savages’ in 2016. The same year, she appeared in an episode of the TV series ‘The Grinder’ and also portrayed the character of Lizzy in the television movie ‘Indiscretion’.
- In 2012, Katherine McNamara appeared as Myra Santelli in the Disney Channel’s original film ‘Girl vs. Monster’. Two years later, she appeared as a voice actor in six episodes of the TV series ‘Transformers: Rescue Bots’. In the series, she lent her voice to the character of Priscilla Pynch. Since 2016, the American actress can also be seen in the lead role of Clary Fray in the series ‘Shadowhunters’.
- In 2016, Katherine McNamara was nominated for the ‘Teen Choice Award’ in the category ‘Choice TV: Breakout Star’ for her work in the television series ‘Shadowhunters.’ She is also the part of SAG-AFTRA's Young Performers Committee and Actors Equity Young Performers Committee. Besides this, she is also the member of Blank Theater's New Play Development Reading Committee.
- In the year 2012, Katherine McNamara dated her fellow actor Joel Courtney. As of now, she is single and resides in Los Angeles. The American beauty is an ambassador for organizations such as ‘The Lollipop Theater Network’, ‘Girl Up’ and ‘Stomp Out Bullying,’ as well a volunteer for a children’s hospital in Los Angeles. Besides this, no other relevant information regarding McNamara’s personal life is available to the media.
Katherine McNamara Movies
1. Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018)
(Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi)
2. Is That a Gun in Your Pocket? (2016)
3. Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015)
(Sci-Fi, Action, Thriller)
4. Natural Selection (2015)
5. New Year's Eve (2011)
6. Assimilate (2019)
(Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller)
7. Last Ounce of Courage (2012)
|2018||Favorite Female TV Star||Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments (2016)|
|2018||Female TV Star of 2018||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed