Also Known As: Katherine Elizabeth "Kate"
Sun Sign: Gemini
Age: 26 Years
Born in: St. Joseph, Michigan, U.S.
Famous as: Model, Actor
Height: 1.78 m
father: Jeff Upton
mother: Shelley Upton
City, States, Provinces & Districts: Michigan
Net worth: $20 million
Katherine Elizabeth Upton is an American supermodel and is widely recognized for gracing the covers of famous magazines including the Vanity Fair’s 100th Anniversary issue, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, Cosmopolitan, British Vogue French ELLE, Esquire and Jalouse. She has featured in fashion editorials for Harper’s Bazaar, V Magazine, and Vogue Spain. She is also an actress, having played important roles in movies like ‘Tower Heist’ and ‘The Other Woman’. She has appeared on the late-night American comedy show ‘Saturday Night Live.’ She has been seen in a number of talk shows including 'Jimmy Kimmel', 'The Late Show', 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon', and 'The Ellen Show' amongst others. She is also one of the most searched names on Google. Having worked with some of the most renowned photographers in the fashion world, Kate has a thirst for achieving the best. She has appeared in commercials for brands like Sobe, Carl’s Junior and Mercedes Benz and has worked with Gillette and Skull Candy. She also designed a collection for Beach Bunny Swimwear while working with them. She made heads turn when her video of herself dancing to “Teach Me How to Dougie” by Cali Swag District gained over 8 million views and topped the charts on YouTube.
- Born on June 10, 1992, in St. Joseph, Michigan, Katherine Elizabeth Upton shifted to Florida when she was 7 and studied at the Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy.Her mother, Shelley Upton was a Former Texas state champion and her father, Jeff Upton worked as a high school athletics director. Her uncle, Fred Upton is a United States Representative.In high school, she was an equestrian and competed at national level in competitions including the American Paint Horse Association (APHA). With her horse ‘Roanie Pony’, she won three Reserve World Championships and was named the Under Reserve All-Around Champion, which gave her a total of four championships. She ended up securing the third place on the APHA youth top twenty list.In 2009, she won the Western Riding and ranked amongst the top five in Horsemanship and Western Pleasure with her new horse ‘Zipped’.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Kate started modelling since she was 15 after being signed into Elite Model Management in 2008. She then moved to New York City and signed with IMG Models.Her first modelling assignment was to model the clothing for Dooney & Bourke and Garage. She was the face of Guess in the 2010-11 issue and also appeared in the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated of the same year. She wore one of the Bunny Suits she designed in the 2014 issue. Esquire named her “The Woman of the Summer.”In 2011, she posted a video of herself dancing at a Los Angeles Clippers game. Her provocative moves garnered her massive hits and the video became a chart topper on YouTube. This video promoted the importance of social media in hiking a model’s stardom which was previously determined by her performances on runway shows. She also posted a video of herself doing the Cat Daddy Dance in 2012, which amounted to a substantial increase in her fan base.Kate also made a guest appearance in June 2011 in an episode of the American Television Series Tosh.0 and took part in the All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game by Taco Bell in Arizona.Kate Upton debuted as an actor by appearing in a cameo role in the movie 'Tower Heist'. She was also seen playing the role of Sister Berenice in the 2012 comedy film- ‘The Three Stooges’.In 2012 and 2013, she appeared on the cover of the Swimsuit Issue by Sports Illustrated. She went through a tough time during both the shoots as the first shoot garnered a lot of negative feedback and criticism, while the second shoot, being shot in Antarctica caused her to face a hearing and visual defect due to symptoms of hypothermia.The first half of 2014 saw Kate star in ‘The Other Woman’ with actors like Cameron Diaz and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. She played the character of Mr. Hightower’s mistress. Later that year, she was seen in the music video of Lady Antebellum’s single ‘Bartender’. She was also the main feature in the $40 million advertising campaign for the mobile app- Game of War: Fire Age.Continue Reading BelowHer upcoming projects include a road trip sex comedy titled ‘The Layover’, directed by William H. Macy and James Franco’s adaptation of Greg Sestro’s non-fiction book ‘The Disaster Artist.’Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Kate has appeared four times in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, once in 2011 as the Rookie of the Year and in once in 2012, 2013, and 2017 each as the cover model. She has appeared in many popular American Fashion and Sports Magazines including Complex and Esquire as ‘The Woman of the Summer’.She has appeared in several movies and starred in ‘The Other Woman’ as a leading actress alongside Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.She has been photographed by renowned photographers like Mario Testino, Steven Meisel and Annie Leibovitz and was a part of advertising campaigns for famous brands like ‘Guess’, ‘Express’, ‘Victoria’s Secrets’, ‘David Yurman’, ‘Bare Necessities’ and so on.She has been the face of the ‘Bobbi Brown Cosmetics’ since 2014.Awards & Achievements
- She ranked third in the Ask Men’s top 99 Most desirable famous Women in 2012 and was titled the fifth sexiest model by Models.com in the same year. Her bold photo shoots for Sports Illustrated enabled her to feature on Maxim’s Hot 100 list.Kate was named the Model of the Year in September, 2013 at the Mercedes-Benz fashion week in the 10th Annual Style Awards in New York.Continue Reading BelowShe has won the People Magazine Award for the People’s Sexiest Woman in the year 2014.She had been nominated for the Teen Choice Award for the ‘Choice Movie: Chemistry’ category and MTV Movie Award for ‘Best Shirtless Performance’ for her role in the movie ‘The Other Woman’.Personal Life
- Kate describes herself as a religious person. During a photo shoot, she had been mocked for wearing a cross necklace. The incident shook her and she felt objectified, but later stayed firm on her faith and tattooed a cross on the inside of her finger.She briefly dated Ukranian dancer, Maksim Chmerkovskiy in 2013.She met Justin Verlander in 2012 while shooting for a MLB commercial. Verlander is an American professional baseball pitcher and plays with the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. After her split with Maksim, Kate began dating Justin in 2013. They got engaged in April 2016.She has often spoken against being objectified and the importance of treating models with respect. After appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated for the first time, she took a lot of time to recover from the feedback and nasty comments she faced.Kate is also offended by the way people treat models. When it comes to all the negative remarks she faces because of her voluptuous figure, Kate Upton opts to shut out the negativity and focus on enjoying her work and not starve herself just to fit into society’s norms for an ideal body.
1. Tower Heist (2011)
(Action, Crime, Comedy)
2. The Other Woman (2014)
3. The Three Stooges (2012)
4. The Layover (2017)
5. The Disaster Artist (2017)
(Drama, Biography, Comedy)
Pictures of Kate UptonPrevious NextImage Credithttps://healthyceleb.com/kate-upton-height-weight-body-statistics/875Image Credithttps://www.eonline.com/news/912834/kate-upton-says-she-was-pushed-to-keep-paul-marciano-story-quietImage Credithttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-kateupton/supermodel-kate-upton-pregnant-with-first-child-idUSKBN1K40ZAImage Credithttps://www.gq.com/story/kate-upton-wants-to-see-your-crazy-movember-mustacheImage Credithttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/Kate_Upton_at_G-Star_2014.jpg/220px-Kate_Upton_at_G-Star_2014.jpgImage CreditPinterest.comImage Credithttp://masterherald.com/kate-upton-labeled-as-the-marilyn-monroe-of-todays-generation/24831/
How To CiteArticle Title- Kate Upton BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kate-upton-29929.phpLast Updated- February 21, 2017
People Also Viewed