Jude Demorest Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Claire Jude Demorest
Born in: Detroit, Michigan
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Ammo (m. 2016)
children: Judah Calvin Coleman
City: Detroit, Michigan
U.S. State: Michigan
Jude Demorest is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and model. She is best known for her role in the TV series ‘Stars.’ As a child, Demorest was passionate about music and dance. Her first experience in singing was with the church choir. Demorest is an all-round performer and is equally good in singing, acting, modeling, and songwriting. In the initial days of her career, Demorest played small TV roles. She performed as a backup dancer, too. Later, she began receiving significant offers. Her role in the series ‘Stars’ has made her very popular with TV viewers in the US. She has co-written a few songs with her husband. Jude Demorest is a promising young talent and aims to reach greater heights in the entertainment industry.
- Jude was born Claire Jude Demorest, on March 11, 1992, in Detroit, Michigan. Not much is known about her parents. She has a brother named Canaan Demorest. She grew up in a family with a strong religious background. Most of her childhood was spent in in attending religious services.
- Demorest was part of the church choir and soon acquired a keen interest in dancing, singing, and acting. At the age of 10, Demorest joined the ‘Winans Academy of Performing Arts,’ which was run by gospel singer Marvin Winans. She attended the school for five years. At the age of 16, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career.
- Jude Demorest had humble beginnings. She initially performed small roles and background dances on various TV shows. She tried her hand at singing, too. Soon, Demorest signed a contract with ‘Epic Records’ under producer LA Reid.
- In 2009, Jude Demorest played ‘Whitney’ in the short film ‘History of Made up Things.’ In 2010, she played ‘Andrea’ in an episode of the ‘Disney’ TV series ‘Jonas.’ In 2012, Demorest performed the minor role of ‘Andrea’ in the family-drama series ‘Hollywood Heights,’ aired on ‘Nick at Nite’ and ‘TeenNick.’ The same year, she made an uncredited appearance in the movie ‘The Ghastly Love of Johnny X.’
- In 2014, Jude Demorest achieved another career milestone. She played ‘Sarah’ in the series ‘Bipolar’ and ‘Samantha’ in an episode of the series ‘The Middle.’ However, the role that made her a household name as an actor was that of ‘Candace Shaw’ in the TV series ‘Dallas.’ The series was produced by ‘Warner Horizon Television’ and was aired on ‘TNT’ network. Demorest’s character appeared in six episodes of the soap opera.
- In 2016, Jude Demorest bagged another career-defining role. She was to play ‘Star Davis’ in the ‘Fox’ musical drama series ‘Stars.’ This was Demorest’s first lead role. The series, created by Lee Daniels and Tom Donaghy, narrates the story of three talented singers who struggle to attain stardom. ‘Star Davis,’ played by Demorest, is an 18-year-old girl with a difficult past. Raised in a foster home, she aspires to be a singer but faces a lot of hurdles in the process. Demorest could relate to the character, as she, too, had aspired to be a singer in her initial days. The series continues to be telecast on ‘Fox,’ with Demorest playing her role brilliantly.
- In 2016, Demorest, along with her husband, Joshua Coleman, wrote the song ‘Work from Home,’ which was recorded by the girl group ‘Fifth Harmony.’ It was one of the most popular songs of 2016. In 2017, she co-wrote the song ‘Down’ for ‘Fifth Harmony.’
- Jude Demorest is married to music producer Joshua Coleman, popularly known as “Ammo,” since June 2016. The couple was blessed with a son, Judah Calvin Coleman, in November 2018.
- Demorest had to go through ten auditions before she was signed for the role in ‘Stars.’ Producer Lee Daniels was determined to find suitable actors to play the lead characters and was part of all of Demorest’s auditions.
- Demorest has co-written a number of songs with her husband.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed