Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Joseph Charles Buttler
Born in: Taunton
Famous as: Cricketer
Spouse/Ex-: Louise Buttler
children: Georgia Rose
education: King's College
Joseph Charles Buttler, professionally known as ‘Jos Buttler,’ is an English cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper and is known for his aggressive batting style. As an innovative batsman who scores his runs at a high strike rate, Buttler has played crucial innings on several occasions. Apart from playing the one day international and the T20 formats of the game, he has also been an integral part of England’s Test squad since 2014. His record in the T20 format has made him one of the most sought-after players in the franchise T20 cricket all over the world. After making his ‘Indian Premier League’ (IPL) debut for ‘Mumbai Indians’ in 2016, Buttler was bought by ‘Rajasthan Royals’ during the 2018 ‘IPL’ auction. In April 2019, Buttler was named England's vice-captain for the 2019 ‘Cricket World Cup.’ When he is not on the cricket field, he plays golf and trains hard to stay fit.
- Jos was born on September 8, 1990, in Taunton, England, to John Butler and Patricia Butler (a PE teacher). He has an elder sister named Joanne Vickers and a younger brother named Jimmie Gosser.He attended ‘Hugh Sexey Church of England Middle School’ in Blackford. He developed his cricketing skills after making his way to the prestigious ‘King’s College’ in Taunton through a hard-earned scholarship.He began his competitive sports career by playing for Somerset’s youth teams at Under-13, Under-15, and Under-17 level.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After making his senior club cricket debut for ‘Cheddar Cricket Club,’ he joined ‘Glastonbury Cricket Club’ (amateur cricket club) in the 2006 season. While representing ‘Glastonbury’ in the 2006 season, he took three catches behind the stumps and scored 15 runs.Later in the 2006 season, he played for ‘Somerset Second XI’ against ‘Nottinghamshire Second XI’ and scored 71 runs in the second innings and took six catches in a three-day match. He represented ‘King’s College’ and finished the 2006 season with 447 runs at an average of 49.66.In the 2007 season, he became a regular player for ‘Glastonbury’ in the ‘West of England Premier League’ (WEPL) and for Somerset Under-17s. Playing for Somerset Under-17s, he scored 119 runs during a two-day match against Surrey Under-17s and 110 runs against Sussex Under-17s.In April 2008, he made his career best score of 227 not out for ‘King’s College’ when he had a partnership of 340 runs with Alex Barrow. Meanwhile, he also showed his wicket-keeping skills when he took six catches while representing ‘Somerset Second XI’ against ‘Worcestershire Second XI.’In July 2008, he represented England U-17 team in two warm-up matches against New Zealand U-19 team. He scored 77 runs off 49 balls in a one-day match, which was won by New Zealand. Later, he scored 45 runs in a two-day match, which ended in a draw.In 2009, he played for England U-18 and scored 103 not out in the first of the four matches. Later, he played five matches in the ‘Under-19 World Cup’ and finished with a batting average of 30.33.In 2009, he made his first-class debut when he played for Somerset in a ‘County Championship’ match, replacing the injured Justin Langer. Unfortunately, he scored only 30 runs in his first and the only innings.In 2009, as the captain of ‘King’s College,’ he helped his team win ‘Western School T20’ competition. Under his captaincy, his team lost only once out of 17 matches. In 2010, he was named ‘Young Wisden Schools Cricketer of the Year’ for scoring 554 runs at a remarkable average of 61.55.On August 31, 2011, he debuted in the T20 international match of England vs. India, but did not bat. After making his debut, he went on to play T20 matches against the touring West Indies side in September 2011.Continue Reading BelowOn his ODI debut against Pakistan in UAE on February 21, 2012, Buttler got out without scoring.During the 2013–14 ‘Big Bash League’ season in Australia, he played for ‘Melbourne Renegades.’ This was his first exposure to franchise cricket.He made his test debut against India on July 27, 2014, and scored 85 runs.He became a part of ‘IPL’ in 2016 and played for ‘Mumbai Indians’ from 2016 to 2017. In 2018, he was drafted into ‘Rajasthan Royals’ where he retained his position during the 2019 season for $612,000.In November 2017, he made his ‘Bangladesh Premier League’ (BPL) debut for ‘Comilla Victorians’ after signing a two-year contract worth £200,000. He scored his first ‘BPL’ half-century in his third match.Awards & Achievements
- He is a two-time winner of the ‘NBC Denis Compton Award’ which he won in 2010 and 2011.In 2018, he was part of ‘ICC ODI Team of the Year.’Jos holds the record for the fastest century off 46 balls by any English player. He achieved the feat in a match against Pakistan in 2015. He broke his previous record - made against Sri Lanka in 2014 when he scored 100 off 61 balls.He scored 150 off 77 balls in February 2019 in the fourth ODI against the West Indies, which is the highest ODI score for an English player against the West Indies.Family & Personal Life
- Jos married his long-time girlfriend Louise Buttler on October 21, 2017, and shared the news on Instagram. In April 2019, Louise gave birth to a baby girl and shared her picture on Instagram.In 2015, he was involved in a brawl at ‘Auction House Bar.’In 2018, he was once again involved in a controversy when it was discovered that Jos’ bat had a vulgar message written on it.In ‘IPL’ 2019, R. Ashwin’s mankading (controversial run out rule in cricket) of Jos Butler gave rise to a debate among players and critics.Trivia
- His favorite batsmen are Adam Gilchrist and Kevin Pietersen. He is also a fan of Australian bowler Glenn McGrath.During the 1999 ‘World Cup,’ young Jos witnessed India's Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid make a record partnership of 318 runs in Taunton.
How To CiteArticle Title- Jos Buttler BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/jos-buttler-44885.phpLast Updated- May 30, 2019
People Also Viewed