Jordan Fisher is an American actor, dancer, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who rose to fame for appearing in a number of television shows and movies. According to him, he started off as a 'king of almost', making it to the top two at auditions and losing the role to the other person. However, he has already made his mark as an entertainer within his short career. He gained popularity on the ABC series 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager', portraying the role of Jacob. Equally efficient in acting and singing, he bagged roles in a number of musicals which saw him singing on-screen. He performed two versions of a song in the TV series 'Liv and Maddie'. He lent vocals to five songs in the telefilm 'Teen Beach 2'. He charmed the audience with his two songs from 'Grease: Live'. He went on to release his self-titled EP from Hollywood Records. On a personal level, Fisher, whose life has been shaped by the challenges he faced in his youth, is often referred to as an 'old soul' by his family, for the maturity he exhibits. He has been involved in philanthropy as part of Disney's charitable organization 'VoluntEARS'.
- Jordan Fisher was born on April 24, 1994, in Birmingham, Alabama. He was born to a teenage mother of 16 years. His maternal grandparents, Rodney and Pat Fisher, legally adopted him and raised him as their son.He has no contact with his biological mother, who has struggled with substance abuse issues. He has two younger siblings, Cory and Trinity, who have also been adopted by their grandparents.He started gymnastics training at the age of two and began training as an actor, dancer and singer when he was 10. An accomplished gymnast, he left the opportunity to move to Texas to train for the Beijing Olympics and instead focused on musical theatre.Fisher, who was homeschooled, earned his high-school degree from Harvest Christian Academy. He got his college education from Jacksonville State University via computer classes.When he was in the fifth grade, he started acting on stage after being cast in a school production of 'School House Rock, Jr.' at Paine Intermediate School in Trussville. He impressed his drama teacher so much with his rendition of 'Conjunction Junction' that he referred him to Red Mountain Theatre Company’s youth program. He also performed at Birmingham Children's Theatre during this time.At the age of 10, he was offered a contract by Los Angeles-based talent scout Lynne Marks, who taught at RMTC’s workshops. In 2008, Fisher finally signed the contract after 3 years, and started auditioning for roles, moving back and forth between Birmingham and LA.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Acting Career
- During his initial auditions, Jordan Fisher ended up very close to getting selected a few times. In 2009, he was selected for guest roles in television shows like 'The Hustler', 'iCarly' and 'Skyrunners Testimonials'.In 2011, he landed the major role of Jacob in ABC's teen drama series 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager'. Soon after, he moved to Los Angeles with his maternal grandmother, Pat Fisher, to pursue acting fulltime.He got the role of Seacat in the Disney Channel Original Movie 'Teen Beach Movie' in 2013. The movie was a success and was followed by a sequel titled 'Teen Beach 2' in 2015. Fisher reprised his role in the sequel.In 2014, he appeared in an episode of 'The Thundermans', and in 2015, he made a cameo appearance as himself in 'The Chew'. He also featured in two episodes of 'Teen Wolf', starting in 2015.He got the recurring role of Holden Dippledorf on Disney's 'Liv and Maddie' in 2015. He portrayed the character for 11 episodes throughout two seasons.In 2016, he was cast as Doody on 'Grease: Live', a live television adaptation of the 1971 musical 'Grease'. He also sang a couple songs in the telefilm. In November, he went back to theatre to star in the Broadway production of 'Hamilton'.Music Career
- After listening to Jordan Fisher playing the piano and singing while promoting the film 'Teen Beach Movie', a music supervisor set him up for a meeting with the program director for Radio Disney. He released his first single, 'By Your Side', in 2014, followed by two more pop-soul songs, 'Never Dance Alone' and 'What I Got'.Continue Reading BelowIn 2015, he joined Disney Channel Circle of Stars for a cover version of the song 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman?' from the film 'Frozen'. The same year, he sang two versions of the song 'True Love' on the TV series 'Liv and Maddie'.Fisher, who starred in the 2015 film 'Teen Beach 2', sang a number of songs for the movie. Apart from lending vocals to three songs, he sang the solo 'Wanna Be With You' and the duet 'Fallin' For Ya'.In 2015, he was signed by Hollywood Records for a record deal. His first song released from the label was 'Counterfeit', which came out on February 1, 2016.On April 15, 2016, he released the single 'All About Us' which would later be included in his self-titled debut EP, released on August 19, 2016. He also featured on the single 'Thin Air' from Olivia Holt's self-titled debut EP.He had two songs in the movie 'Grease: Live', among which the track 'Those Magic Changes' became a highlight of the show, earning him accolades from critics. Most recently, he sang the end-credits duet 'You're Welcome' with Lin-Manuel Miranda in the animated Disney film 'Moana'.Major Works
- 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' was Jordan Fisher's first major role on television. It brought him recognition and paved the way for him to star in a number of other TV shows and TV movies.He is most remembered by the audience for portraying the surfer gang leader Seacat in 'Teen Beach Movie' and its sequel 'Teen Beach 2'. While the first one became the second-highest rated Disney Channel Original Movie, the second became the most watched DCOM since its prequel.Awards & Achievements
- In 2015, Jordan Fisher received a 'Teen Choice Award' nomination for his songs in 'Teen Beach 2'. He shared the 'Choice Music: Song from a Movie or TV Show' nomination with his co-stars.Personal Life & Legacy
- Jordan Fisher, who moved to California in 2011 with his grandmother, was joined by his grandfather and his siblings in 2015. He mentioned in an interview that he is glad to have his whole family together again. He also revealed that he comes from a multi-ethnic background.Trivia
- As a musician, Jordan Fisher can most often be seen playing the guitar or the piano. However, he can play a total of six different instruments including bass, harmonica, French horn and drums.He loves video games and in 2015, he did voice over and motion capture for the video game 'Until Dawn'.
How To CiteArticle Title- Jordan Fisher BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/jordan-fisher-29828.phpLast Updated- February 07, 2017
People Also Viewed