Joanne Beckham Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Joanne Louise Beckham
Born in: England
Famous as: Sister of David Beckham
father: David Edward Alan Beckham
mother: Sandra Georgina West
siblings: David Beckham
City: London, England
Joanne Beckham is a former hairdresser, an entrepreneur, and the younger sister of former English footballer David Beckham. She is the CEO of a concierge service provider named 'WeAreYourCity.' Joanne started this company in collaboration with former 'Notts County' footballer Jay Smith. The company provides luxury management services to celebrities and entrepreneurs. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Joanne worked as a hairstylist. She dated reality-show star Kris Donnelly, and they have a daughter. Joanne and Kris broke up six months after their daughter was born.
- Like her mother, Joanne began her career as a hairstylist. She received her training at the 'Vidal Sassoon Salon' in London. She then worked for several years at 'Hobs' salon near her Essex home.
- Joanne, now an entrepreneur, is the CEO of a luxury concierge service provider. She and former 'Notts County' footballer Jay Smith are business partners at 'WeAreYourCity.' This is a concierge service provider that also plans the social lives of the rich and famous. One can buy the membership and can avail of all the luxury services provided by the company for a fee of €1,500.
- Joanne got the idea of such a service from her personal experience. While living in London, she always had a hard time finding quality places for leisure. Jay Smith, too, faced the same situation when he played club football. They were introduced at a club by a common friend. When Joanne shared her idea with Jay, they both agreed on starting a new venture. They began by approaching brands and convincing them to become part of their "black book" of preferred partners. While Joanne used her contacts from the fashion fraternity, Jay contacted sports personalities. Their first meeting was with the 'May Fair Hotel,' and they later collaborated with brands such as 'Louis Vuitton' (fashion), ‘The Ritz-Carlton’ (hotel), and 'Hakkasan' (nightclub and restaurant).
- Joanne and Jay later added a feature that enabled the members to have a dedicated personal lifestyle manager who would help the member find the best and the most exclusive shopping places, spas, restaurants, nightclubs, and hotels in town. The personal managers would also help organize events for the members.
- In 2015, Joanne and Jay hosted a grand launch party for 'WeAreYourCity.' The party, held at the 'Rosewood London' hotel, was attended by David Beckham.
- Joanne was in a relationship with former 'Big Brother' contestant Kris Donnelly. They had dated each other for quite some time when Joanne announced her four-month pregnancy on her social-media account. Following the announcement, she began posting her pictures on 'Instagram' regularly and kept everyone updated about her pregnancy. She also had a grand baby-shower ceremony. David, too, did not fail to display his excitement. Joanne also posted heart-warming captions to show her love toward Kris, who supported her throughout her pregnancy.
- In December 2017, Joanne gave birth to her daughter, Peggy. She shared the news by posting a picture of the newborn on 'Instagram.' However, her happiness did not last too long. Six months after Peggy’s birth, Joanne and Kris parted ways. When the news of the split was made public, many of their friends stated that their relationship had soured over time. Joanne and Kris constantly fought over petty matters and eventually separated. They also blocked each other on social media. The split affected David, too, as he and Kris were good friends.
- Before Kris, Joanne had dated ace footballer Jermain Defoe and David's former 'Manchester United' teammate Dwight Yorke.
- Joanne was born Joanne Louise Beckham, on February 19, 1982, in England. She is the youngest of the three Beckham siblings. Lynne is the eldest sister, while David is the middle child. Joanne’s mother, Sandra Georgina, worked as a hairdresser, and her father, Edward Alan "Ted" Beckham, was a kitchen fitter. Joanne and her family live in Loughton, Essex.
- In 2003, Joanne had a complete makeover. Prior to that, she was plump. Her increasing weight had become a concern for her. She often remained depressed because of her weight. David helped Joanne go through her weight-loss journey. She revealed her makeover in an interview with 'OK!’
- Joanne has always admired Beyoncé and her fashion sense. She is also a big fan of actor Halle Berry's natural beauty.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed