Jennette McCurdy Biography
Nick Name: Net Net, Nettie, Nette, Jennie
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Jennette Michelle Faye McCurdy
Born Country: United States
Born in: Long Beach, California, United States
Famous as: Actress & Singer
father: Mark McCurdy
mother: Debra McCurdy
siblings: Dustin (older brother), Marcus (older brother), Scott (older brother)
U.S. State: California
Jeanette McCurdy is an American actress who became famous for her role in sitcoms, TV serials and movies. Her talent as a singer and a songwriter has also brought her a lot of fame. She has written numerous songs which she has sung herself. Her other talents include being a screenwriter and a producer of videos and movies. She has earned a lot of popularity as a writer also by writing for some famous magazines. She has won a lot of awards for her performances in various movies made for the TV and has also been nominated for her work in serials. Her all-round performance in the world of entertainment has made a large number of people her fans for a long time to come. Presently she has more than 6.4 million followers on Instagram and more than 6.31 million followers on Twitter with the figures increasing every single day.
- Jennette McCurdy was inspired to choose an acting career when she saw Harrison Ford acting in the TV serial ‘Star Wars.’ She started acting in 2000 when she was only eight years old and played the role of Cassidy Gilford in Episode 6.1 of the TV serial ‘Mad TV’. In 2001 she played the role of Anna Markov in the film ‘Shadow Fury’, in 2002 she played the part of Mary Fields in the film ‘My Daughter’s Tears’ and the part of Jackie Trent in the TV serial ‘CSI:Crime Scene Investigation’. In 2003 she got an opportunity to act opposite Harrison Ford himself in ‘Hollywood Homicide’ and also as Amanda Simmons in the film ‘Taylor Simmons’ in the same year. From then on she went from strength to strength and by 2016 she had acted in twelve films and more than forty TV serials. She has earned ‘Young Artist Awards’ nominations for various categories for TV serials such as ‘Strong Medicine’ in 2004, ‘The Last Day of Summer’ in 2008 and ‘iCarly’ in 2009. She also won a nomination for the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ in 2009 for ‘iCarly’ including many more nominations from 2010 to 2014. Jennette won the ‘Australian Kids’ Choice Awards’ in 2010, the ‘MeusPremios Nick Brazil’ award in ‘Funniest Character’ category in 2011 and the ‘Kids’ Choice Awards’ in the ‘Favorite TV Sidekick’ category in 2012 for ‘iCarly’.
- Jennette McCurdy has become a very popular figure not only for her acting talent but also as singer who is a philanthropist at heart. When her friend Cody Waters died from cancer at a very young age at the ‘St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’ she dedicated her second single ‘Homeless Heart’ to him. She also donated twenty percent of the proceeds from the sale of this single recording to the ‘Cody Waters Foundation’ for the treatment of children suffering from cancer. She also acts as a ‘StarPower Ambassador’ for the ‘Starlight Children’s Foundation.’ Her talents as a writer came to the fore when she wrote an article on the struggle which she and her family faced while her mother fought with cancer for several long years. The article was published in the ‘Wall Street Journal’ and attracted a lot of readers who felt great sympathy for her after reading it. Her multi-faceted talents are something that is rarely seen in one person and for which she has earned the respect and admiration from a large section of the audience that the entertainment industry caters to.
- Jennette McCurdy has been able to avoid getting involved in too many scandals during the years she has been performing in the entertainment industry and social media. The only time she created a huge controversy was when she failed to turn up at the ‘Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Choice Awards’ function in spite of being invited. It became all the more complicated when she raised the issue of Nickelodeon favoring her co-star Ariana Grande more than her. The fallout of this controversy was that Nickelodeon stopped broadcasting the serial ‘Sam & Cat’ after only one season to avoid any more trouble. In the end it was proven that the rumor of the rift between Jennette and Ariana was a figment of imagination only and nothing else as both were still good friends. She hopes to graduate from film school and dreams of converting her screenplays into films.
- Jennette McCurdy was born in Long Beach, California as Jennette Michelle Faye McCurdy. Her parents were Debra and Mark McCurdy. She grew up in Garden Grove, California with her three older brothers named Marcus, Scott and Dustin. She is a columnist for the ‘Seventeen’ magazine and has written for ‘The Huffington Post’. She has written a total of eight articles for the ‘Wall Street journal’ on various topics.Sheloves to do figure skating and has taken part in many competitions.
- Jennette McCurdy has three dogs named Snoopy, Chewie and Musashi and two turtles named Tootsen and Zeus.
Jennette McCurdy Movies
1. The Death and Return of Superman (2011)
(Comedy, Short, Sci-Fi)
2. Pet (2016)
3. Breaking Dawn (2004)
(Thriller, Horror, Mystery)
4. Hollywood Homicide (2003)
(Crime, Action, Thriller, Comedy)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed