Jenna Raine Biography
Jenna Raine is an American singer, musician, songwriter, dancer, and actress. She is most well-known as being part of the girl group ‘L2M’. She showed an interest in signing, dancing and performing from an early age. Though she was very good at sports, she gave it up to pursue a career in music at a very tender age. Discovered as part of a talent hunt by a legend in the show business, she was soon selected to join four other girls to form the group ‘L2M’. She received significant voice, dance and music training while there and the band’s first solo became an instant hit on YouTube. They found further success on the music app ‘Musical.ly’ (now known as TikTok). As a result of her fame, she bagged an acting role in a YouTube series and she soon started releasing her own songs, videos and EP. She has also gone on tour with another band and collaborated with other artists too. She is active on social media and promotes many products and brands. Her career has just started and she has a bright future ahead.
- Jenna Raine discovered her musical talents at a very young age. She inherited her talent for playing musical instruments from her paternal grandfather, who played the drums very well, and her singing skills from her maternal grandmother. By the time she was in grade 3, she was already playing the piano. At a school talent show, she sang Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’ song while playing the piano. Recognising her talent, her parents sent her for singing classes when she was 10 years old. She was advised to join the ‘Septien Entertainment Group’, where she learned to sing, dance and act.
- The vocal coach at this group, Linda Septien, was responsible for training famous pop singers like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, etc.
- At the training group, she honed her singing skills with a lot of dedication and passion. In early 2015, she caught the eye of Danish media mogul, Mads Munk, when his team was looking for a group of 10-12 year old girls to form a girl band. Along with four other girls from across the U.S., she was soon selected to be part of the group and started training with various vocal, dancing and acting coaches. The group was christened ‘L2M’ meaning ‘Listening To Music’ and by mid-2015, the group was ready to get their own record deal. ‘Warner Bros. Records’ soon signed them on.
- In 2016, ‘L2M’ released their debut single ‘Girlz’, which was co-written and co-performed by Jenna, and got more than 3.3 million views on YouTube. It was a song from the ‘Lego Friends’ movie. Thereafter, she lent her voice to other tracks like ‘B.E.A.T’ and ‘Incredible’ in 2016. In 2017, she was offered an acting role for the character ‘Olivia’ in the YouTube Red series ‘Hyperlinked’ alongside her band mates. Later that year, she was part of ‘L2M’s’ new tracks like ‘Overthinking’ and ‘Living For The Rhythm’. In 2018, they released an edgy single ‘Tag Me In’ and uploaded the music video of this track on the then popular music app ‘Musical.ly’ (now merged with short videos sharing app ‘TikTok’). The track received a rousing response from thousands of tween girls and became a super hit.
- ‘L2M’s’ popularity also brought other opportunities for Jenna. She continued to work on her own music and released her debut solo single ‘Us’ in late 2018. Around the same time, she was also announced to be the opening act for the UK band ‘Max & Harvey’ for their UK and Ireland tour. In December 2018, she released a holiday-themed song ‘Sleigh Ride’ with singer and actress, Jayden Bartels.
- In January 2019, she released her debut solo EP ‘Nen’, which consisted of a collection of six heartfelt songs about friendship, life and love, all co-written by her. It was named after her childhood nickname ‘Nenna’ and had the tracks ‘A Letter To Me, ‘Us’, ‘Mine’, ‘You’, ‘Them’, and ‘Nen.’ In April 2019, she released the official music video of the song ‘A Letter To Me’ and joined ‘Max & Harvey’ once again on their UK, Germany and Amsterdam tour.
- She often posts cover versions of popular artists like Camilla Cabello, Jonas Brothers, Ed Sheeran, etc. She is also a multi-instrumentalist who plays the guitar, piano, and ukulele. Her soulful voice, insightful lyrics, and vivacious energy evident on her music videos have gained her a lot of fans. She is very active on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, where she endorses many brands.
- Jenna Raine is her stage name and she was born as Jenna Simmons on February 17, 2004, in Dallas, Texas, USA. Details about her father are not known, but her mother’s name is Carla. She has a younger sister, Jessica, and a mini poodle called ‘Duchess’. She played softball for 10 years before starting her singing career. She enjoys playing dodgeball, volleyball and softball, and is learning to play the bass guitar. She currently divides her time between Los Angeles, New York and Dallas.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed