Jenna Bush Hager Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born in: Dallas
Famous as: Journalist
Spouse/Ex-: Henry Chase Hager (m. 2008)
father: George W. Bush
mother: Laura Bush
siblings: Barbara Pierce Bush
children: Margaret Hager
U.S. State: Texas
education: University of Texas at Austin, New York University
Jenna Bush Hager is an American news personality, author, journalist, and teacher’s aide. She is also known as the daughter of the 43rd U.S. President George W. Bush and Laura Bush, and granddaughter of the 41st U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Barbara Bush. Hager currently serves on NBC’s ‘The Today Show’ as a correspondent. She also works for ‘Southern Living’ magazine as an editor-at-large. She is a graduate of University of Texas and has also briefly attended New York University. She has worked for UNICEF as a teacher’s aide in four countries in the Caribbean and Latin America. As an author, Hager has written a few books, the most popular one being "Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope". Married to Henry Chase Hager, son of entrepreneur and former chairman of the Virginia Republican Party, John H. Hager, she currently resides with her husband and two daughters.
- In 2006, Jenna Bush Hager served as a teacher's aide at Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School. During her service, she took a leave of absence from the school to serve UNICEF's Educational Policy Department in Latin America. After completing her internship with UNICEF, she returned to the charter school.
- Currently, Hager serves as a part-time reading coordinator at Maryland-based SEED Public Charter School. Besides this, she contributes a monthly news story related to education for NBC’s ‘Today.’
- In 2007, Jenna Bush Hager released a book titled ‘Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope’. Published by HarperCollins, this book chronicles Hager’s experiences of working with UNICEF charities in Latin America while interning for the United Nations Children's Fund. She wrote her second book in collaboration with her mother Laura Bush. Titled ‘Read All about It!’, the children’s book was published on April 22, 2008 by HarperCollins.
- In August 2009, Jenna Bush Hager was hired by NBC as a correspondent and contributor for its talk show, ‘The Today Show.’ As of now, she enjoys a special position on the show, occasionally serving as the orange room anchor during the 7- 9am hours as well as substituting for Hoda Kotb or Kathie Lee Gifford during the fourth hour. Jenna Bush Hager also serves on the board of Greenwich International Film Festival.
- In the winter of 2003, Hager decided to get involved in the 2004 presidential election campaign wherein her father, the incumbent Republican President George W. Bush, would be facing Democratic nominee John Kerry. She made several media appearances prior to the election. In addition, she made many joint public appearances along with her sister Barbara and gave a speech to the Republican Convention on August 31, 2004. The sisters also travelled to the swing states with their father George Bush and gave an interview and a photo shoot in ‘Vogue.’
- Jenna Bush Hager was born on November 25, 1981 in Dallas, Texas, the USA, to George W. Bush and Laura Bush. She is the younger twin sister of Barbara Bush. She is the granddaughter of the 41st U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Barbara Bush. She was named after her maternal grandmother Jenna Hawkins Welch.
- Hager studied at the Preston Hollow Elementary School and later attended The Hockaday School. In 1994, after her father George Bush was elected Governor of Texas, she moved to Austin along with her family. There she attended St. Andrew's Episcopal School and later enrolled at Austin High School where she studied from 1996 to her graduation in 2000. Afterwards, Hager attended the University of Texas at Austin and then took summer classes at New York University. She was a legacy member of Kappa Alpha Theta, her mother Laura‘s sorority.
- Talking about her love life, Jenna got married to Henry Chase Hager, the son of former chairman of Virginia Republican Party, John H. Hager, on May 10, 2008. The couple’s relationship had become public when they appeared at a White House dinner in November 2005. Henry Hager first asked President Bush for permission to marry Jenna before proposing to her. He has an MBA from University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business Administration. Currently, the couple has two daughters: Margaret Laura "Mila" Hager and Poppy Louise Hager.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed