James Haven Biography
Girlfriend: Ashley Reign
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: James Haven Voight
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actor, Producer, Brother of Angelina Jolie
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Beverly Hills High School, USC School of Cinematic Arts
James Haven is an American actor and producer. He is the son of veteran actors Marcheline Bertrand and Jon Voight and the older brother of popular actress Angelina Jolie. He started his acting career in 1998 and went on to appear in a number of films such as ‘Gia,’ ‘Hell's Kitchen,’ ‘Monster's Ball’ and ‘Original Sin.’ Haven is also associated with other fields besides cinema. He has been the executive board director of the Los Angeles-based festival Artivist. He has worked to spread awareness about AIDS and is associated with a number of non-profit organizations as well. A family-oriented man, James Haven is very close to his sister, nieces, and nephews. However, his relationship with Angelina is deemed to be controversial and there are rumors of an incestuous relationship between them, which both of them have categorically denied.
- James Haven first appeared in a minor role in the TV film ‘Gia’ in 1998. He then played small roles in the movies ‘Hell's Kitchen’, ‘Scrapbook’, ‘Original Sin’ and ‘Monster's Ball’. In 2004, he appeared in an episode of ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’. That year, Haven also did the flick ‘Breaking Dawn’ and the short film ‘Rent-a-Person’. In 2005, he served as the executive producer of the documentary ‘Trudell,’ which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and Sundance Film Festival. The documentary won a Special Jury Prize under the category “Best Documentary” at the Seattle International Film Festival.
- Haven was featured as Jonathan Malkus in the slasher film ‘Stay Alive’ in 2006. The same year, he joined the panel of the executive board of directors at Artivist, a festival that highlights movies addressing animal rights, human rights, and environmental issues. In 2007, Haven directed an episode of the TV series ‘The Game’. He served as the executive producer of the short comedy movie, ‘That's Our Mary,’ in 2011. Two years later, he appeared in the short film ‘Easy Silence’.
- There are rumors of an incestuous relationship between James Haven and his sister, Angelina Jolie. They kissed each other on the lips at the 2001 Oscar Awards which further fuelled the rumors. Many people called it a publicity stunt while some stated it was just an innocent kiss of joy. To clarify all the gossips, Jolie told ‘People’ magazine in 2004 that it wasn’t an open-mouthed kiss. She further said that it was disappointing that some people had turned something so pure and beautiful into accusations of incest. Later, Haven too came forward and said that he didn’t give his sister a French kiss. He further added that his sister was about to leave for a film shoot in Mexico and he simply congratulated her on the Oscar win through an innocent kiss on the lips.
- According to ‘Daily Mail,’ Haven became a full-time nanny to Jolie's twins Vivienne and Knox in the wake of her divorce from Brad Pitt. He lent his full support to his sister and her children during the difficult period.
- James Haven was born as James Haven Voight on May 11, 1973 in Los Angeles, California, USA to Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. Angelina was born in 1975. He is the nephew of volcanologist and geologist Barry Voight and singer-songwriter Chip Taylor. He is of Slovak and German descent from his father’ side and of Dutch, French-Canadian, German, and Polish ancestry on his mother's side.
- After his parents separated in 1976, James Haven and his sister were raised by their mother in New York. At the age of 13, he moved back to Los Angeles and attended Beverly Hills High School. He then went to USC School of Cinema-Television. While there, Haven won a George Lucas Award for a movie he directed starring his sister.
- Like his sister, he was estranged from his father for many years, during which he dropped "Voight" as his surname. Following his mother’s death in 2007, James Haven reconciled with his father. Haven also renewed his Christian vows and became religious.
- Through his sister Angelina Jolie, he is the uncle of Maddox Jolie-Pitt, Shiloh, Zahara, Pax Thien, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline. James Haven is the former brother-in-law of Billy Bob Thornton, Jonny Lee Miller, and Brad Pitt.
- He is the founder of the non-profit association Core Cause Foundation as well as the co-founder of Havenly Blue Foundation.
- Talking about his love life, the actor is in a relationship with a woman named Ashley Reign.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed