Jacob Batalon Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Born Country: United States
Born in: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Famous as: Actor
U.S. State: Hawaii
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
education: The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, Damien Memorial School, Kapiʻolani Community College
Jacob Batalon is a Filipino-Hawaiian actor best recognized for his roles in the movies ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ and ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’. Despite having entered the world of showbiz fairly recently, he has gained considerable recognition and is one of the most popular young actors, especially among teens. Born in Hawaii to Filipino parents, Batalon studied at Catholic Damien Memorial School. He then decided to study music theory and enrolled at Kapi'olani Community College, but later dropped out. Eventually, he studied acting at New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts before starting his acting career in 2016. Much in demand, Batalon has many upcoming projects under his belt. Behind the screen, he is a very jovial and down-to-earth guy. The actor has five half-siblings, three from his father and two from his mother.
- Jacob Batalon made his acting debut in 2016, with a role in the movie ‘North Woods’. A year later, he was cast as Ned Leeds in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’. The superhero film is the 16th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). This installment highlights how Peter Parker balances his high school life while facing the Vulture. Just like its prequels, the movie was a success, grossing $880.2 million worldwide against its $175 million budget.
- In the year 2018, the actor played James in ‘Every Day’, a romantic fantasy drama flick about a teen girl who falls for a traveling soul who wakes up in a different body each morning. The film, directed by Michael Sucsy, starred Angourie Rice, Debby Ryan, Justice Smith, and Maria Bello. That year, Batalon also had a role in the comedy horror ‘Blood Fest’. He had a cameo appearance as Ned Leeds in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ the same year. This was followed by another cameo appearance in 'Avengers: Endgame' which released in 2019.
- Also, in 2019, Batalon reprised his role as Ned Leeds in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'. In this installment, Parker is recruited by Mysterio and Nick Fury to face the Elementals while on a school trip to Europe. The movie garnered appreciation for its visual effects, humor, and performances of the lead characters. Till date, it has earned over $1.1 billion, making it the first Spider-Man movie to pass the billion-dollar mark, Sony Pictures' highest-grossing movie, and the third-highest-grossing movie of 2019.
- Batalon will soon be seen in the movies ‘The True Don Quixote Dish’, ‘Night School’, and ‘Let It Snow’.
- Jacob Batalon was born on October 9, 1996, in Honolulu, Hawaii. He has five half-siblings: two sisters and a brother on his father’s side, and a sister and a brother from his mother’s.
- Upon graduating from the private Damien Memorial School, Jacob Batalon enrolled at Kapi'olani Community College with the aim to study music theory. However, he later dropped out and instead went on to study acting at the prestigious New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed