Hong Jong-hyun Biography
Hong Jong-hyun is a South-Korean model and actor best known for his work in 2011 hit-television series, ‘Vampire Idol’.’ He has also appeared in other well-known South-Korean TV series including ‘Jeon Woo Chi’ and ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’. Hong Jong-hyun made his debut as a model in 2007 while his acting debut came in 2008, after a long road of runaway-walks and struggle. The model-turned-actor, who is known for having a good personality with simple lifestyle, has a huge fan following around the world. His to-die-for looks and endearing attitude has earned him a lot of attention and recognition in the entertainment industry. Apart from being an actor, Hong is also a great rapper as well as singer. He exhibited his impressive singing/ rapping skills in an episode of ‘Running Man’. Even though he’s a rapper, his favourite kind of music is slow jam. He has appeared in a number of movies, like ‘A Frozen Flower’, ‘Lovers’, ‘Be with Me’ etc. With time, his career in movies seems to be only elevating. In his modeling career, he has earned various awards and accolades too. Besides acting, Hong also loves animals, nature and performs extreme sports.
- Hong Jong-hyun was born on February 2, 1990 in Seoul, South Korea. He went to ‘Konkuk University’ to study Films and Theatre, before he made his debut as a model in 2007.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Early Career & Modeling
- Hong started as a model, and in an episode of ‘SNSD Factory Girl’, he exhibited his runaway skills, and later got various opportunities to work as a model for brands like Calvin Klein and New Balance.He has also received various awards for his style, and runaway performance. He made his debut as an actor in 2008.Television Career
- He made his TV debut in 2008 in ETN’s network’s ‘Hip My Life’. He also appeared in music videos like ‘I Hurt That Person’ and ‘This is Not a Love Song’ by ‘Epitone Project’ and ‘Sentimental Scenery’.In 2009, he appeared in MBC Every1’s show, ‘Now Is The Era of Flower Boys’. In 2010, he appeared in SBS’ show ‘Oh! My Lady!’ where he played the character Park-Jinh-ho. He also appeared in ‘Jungle Fish 2- as Min Ho-su.In 2011, his work comprised of playing Lee Jae-kyu in ‘White Christmas’, Crown Prince Yi San in ‘Warrior Baek Dong-soo’ and Jong-hyun in MBN’s hit series,’ Vampire Idol’. Hong’s role in ‘Vampire Idol’ was quite famous and was loved by the audience.In 2012, his roles as Seo Yoon yi in ‘Wild Romance’ and Seo Chan-hwl in ‘Jeon Woo Chi’ made him a household name, and his fan following started to grow after these roles.In 2013, he did another series called ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano, where he played Moo-jin, and instantly clicked with the audience. He also made another appearance in ‘Rewind’—a music video by Double K. Feat Michelle Lee and ‘Falling in Love’ by 2NE1.In 2014, he appeared in MBC’s ‘Mama’, where he played the character of Gu Ji-sub. He also became a cast member of the same network’s series called ‘We Got Married: Season 4’ with Kim Yura. The series got him a lot of exposure, and he got a lot of media attention for his love life.He worked with Han Seung Yeon in the TV series, ‘Her Lovely Heels’. He also appeared in OnStyle‘s Season 1 and 2 of ‘Style Log’ with Lee Soo-hyuk and Nana in 2013 and 2014 respectively.Continue Reading BelowIn 2014-15, he became the main cast member, along with Kim Yoo-jung, Hwang Kwanghee, and Jackson Wang of SBS’ ‘Inkigayo’. His other music videos appearances came in ‘No Answer’ by Hong Dae-Kwang, ‘Time Forgets’ by Yoon Hyun-Sang and ‘Shall We Dance’ by Snuper.In 2016, he worked in ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ as Wang Yo and ‘Law of the Jungle- Panama’ as a cast member. He also appeared in the Season 7 of ‘Top Gear Korea’.In 2017, he played Wang Rin in ‘The King in Love’. His next show is ‘Ivory Tower’ is yet to be announced on air.Film Career
- In 2008, he made his movie debut with ‘Lovers’ where he played the character of Tom. He had another role in the movie, ‘A Frozen Flower’ where he played King’s men.In 2009, he played Joon-seo in ‘One Step More to the Sea’. The next year he exhibited his acting skills in ‘Ghost (Be With Me) where his character was named Jae-young and he did full justice to his role.His next venture ‘Enemies in Law’ and ‘Alice: A Boy From Wonderland’ where he played ‘Hwan’, released in 2015. His role in the latter was much appreciated by the audience.Awards & Achievements
- In 2014, he was nominated in the ‘Best New Actor’ category for ‘Mama’ at the MBC Drama Awards’.In 2016, he got another nomination at ‘SBS Drama Awards’ in the ‘Award for Excellency for Best Actor in Fantasy Drama’ category for ‘‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’In 2011, he won the ‘Best Dressed Model’ at ‘Korea’s Best Dressed Swarn Awards’.In 2014, he became ‘The Star of the Year’ at ‘MBC Entertainment Awards’ for ‘We Got Married’.In 2015, he won ‘The Best Couple Award’ with Han Seung-yeon for ‘Her Lovely Heels’ at the 9th Cable TV Broadcasting Awards’. He also won ‘The New Star’ at ‘10th Asia Model Festival Awards’.In 2016, He won ‘The Most Popular’ award at the ‘Korea Film Directors Society Awards’.Personal Life & Legacy
- He loves cars and drifting them is one of the acts he enjoys. He also enjoys basket ball and baseball. He wanted to become a vet for his love for animals.He is close friends with fellow actor Kim Woo Bin.
How To CiteArticle Title- Hong Jong-hyun BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/hong-jong-hyun-34179.phpLast Updated- September 20, 2017
People Also Viewed