Holygxd is an American social media influencer, who is known for his funny videos on Instagram. He had a problematic childhood, as he lived in crime infested area of New Orleans and suffers from ectodermal dysplasia, which has impacted his facial structure. While his first problem was resolved after his family moved to Louisiana, his disorder remains a cause of concern for him, as it has given him a flexible jaw that can be lifted enough to make his lower lips cover his nose. In his early days, Holygxd faced a lot of bullying and harassment for looking different from other children of his age. Later, he transformed this deformity into his strength and joined the social media platform 'Vine.' He did not find much successful there and contemplated quitting. An Instagram user came to Holygxd’s rescue and later became his manager. People were more accepting of his uniqueness on the photo-sharing app and he started gaining a following. Thanks to his newfound positive attitude and talent, the funny Instagrammer surpassed millions of followers on the platform in no time. While he still received hate comments, he never lets them pull him down. Instead, he has learned to make fun of himself and his physical abnormalities, inspiring millions of his followers.
- Holygxd never thought of becoming an Instagram sensation, and the social media stardom happened to him by chance. Once he overcame his resentment for bullies, he emerged as a positive person and started uploading videos on social media sites for fun. The transformation in his attitude earned him a lot of attention. People started making his memes, which inspired Holygxd to create comedy videos. He joined Instagram in 2015 but struggled for a while to gain the desired popularity. He was also too young then to understand social media and its business aspects.Recommended Lists:
- When Holygxd was about to give up on comedy, he met the social media user Sam with the Instagram handle '@youngsamer.' Sam became his manager and business partner. Together, the duo learned about creating social media content and effective tools for gaining popularity. Within a year, Holygxd's Instagram page had garnered close to two million followers and over 160 thousand fans on 'Facebook'. Later, on April 29, 2017, Holygxd, launched his YouTube channel where he started uploading his funny videos. Currently, Holygxd has around 71 thousand subscribers on his 'YouTube channel. The only video on his channel to surpass a million views is 'Black Ninja PT. 2.' In the description section of his YouTube channel, Holygxd calls himself an actor, comedian, face-up champion, karate Champion and race car driver."Recommended Lists:
- Holygxd will be seen in the upcoming movie 'I got the hook up 2', slated for a release in May 2019. The film is a sequel to the 1998 US crime comedy movie of the same name.
- Holygxd was born as Javante Carter on January 9, 2001. The place where he grew up is a rough area called ‘12th Ward of New Orleans. The neighbourhood is infamous for its high crime rate. Holygxd was 10 when his family moved to Slidell, Louisiana, located on the outskirts of New Orleans. They had taken this decision after witnessing a murder right outside their residence.
- Holygxd was raised by his mother and grandmother. His biological father left the family when he was very young, and his mother remarried when he was eight years old.
- Holygxd suffered from a body structure disorder called ectodermal dysplasia. He has a flexible jaw with no teeth, and he does not sweat either. Due to this deformity, Holygxd was bullied and body shamed by other children of his age. He was often harassed and called ugly. When Holygxd started to reciprocate the hatred and bullying, he usually ended up in physical altercations. The social media star also had bipolar tendencies while growing up. Eventually, he realized that all those harassments were meant to pull him down. Thus, he decided not to be affected by any lousy comments thereupon. He embraced his disorder and started using it as a tool to entertain people, which in turn inspired many of his followers who deal with lower self-esteem.
- Of all countless videos that Holygxd has posted on social media so far, his favourite happens to be the pollution series. He is partial to these videos because not only are they funny, but also convey a serious message.
- Holygxd is a fan of the rapper NBA YoungBoy and wants to collaborate with him some day. He shares a few similarities with the rapper, as they both are from Louisiana and have made a name for themselves despite their disadvantages.
- He wishes to star in his own movie someday and become a multimillionaire. He has a non-profit organization that works to spread awareness about his genetic condition and the social stigma attached to it. Through his organization, he also endeavours to stop people from bullying others.
Holygxd Fans Also Viewed