Hilaria Baldwin Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: Majorca
Famous as: Alec Baldwin's Wife
Height: 1.63 m
Spouse/Ex-: Alec Baldwin (m. 2012)
children: Carmen Gabriela Baldwin, Leonardo Ángel Charles Baldwin, Rafael Thomas Baldwin
Founder/Co-Founder: Co-founder of Yoga Vida
Hilaria Baldwin is a Spanish-American yoga instructor, fitness and wellness expert, as well as an author who is better known as the second wife of American actor and comedian Alec Baldwin. She is the co-founder of Yoga Vida, a yoga studio which operates in Union Square, Noho, Tribeca and Dumbo neighborhoods in New York City. In October 2013, she released her first workout DVD, '@ Home with Hilaria Baldwin: Fit Mommy-to-Be Prenatal Yoga'. She also works as a lifestyle correspondent for 'Extra', where she covers fitness, fashion, celebrities, and news. In 2014, she shared the 'Daytime Emmy Award' for 'Outstanding Entertainment News Program' with the cast and crew of 'Extra'. She has been featured on several magazines including 'New York Times', 'Elle', and 'Yoga Journal', and has made appearances as a fitness expert on TV shows like 'TODAY', 'Katie', 'LIVE with Kelly' and 'Michael and The Rachael Ray Show'. She released the self-help book, 'The Living Clearly Method: 5 Principles for a Fit Body, Healthy Mind & Joyful Life', on December 27, 2016.
- Hilaria Lynn Thomas was born on January 6, 1984 in Mallorca, Spain. Born to a Spanish mother and American father, she grew up in Spain and Boston. She began dancing at the age of two, and later learned ballet, flamenco dancing and gymnastics. At the age of five, she became vegetarian. She began international Latin ballroom dancing and competed in dance around the world since she was 13. She did her majors in art history and dance from New York University.
- Hilaria Baldwin, who had struggled with anorexia and bulimia while coping with the demands of dancing professionally, went through a "rude awakening” in 2009 when her leg bone was severed from her hip after a bad fall. She soon took yoga training in New York City, and subsequently began her career as a yoga instructor there. In January 2010, she co-founded Yoga Vida to offer quality yoga lessons at an affordable price. Starting with Union Square and Noho in New York City, the studio is now operative in Tribeca and Dumbo as well. Despite her fame as a yoga expert, it is her relationship with Alec Baldwin that made her the hot favorite of tabloids.
- Hilaria Baldwin met her future husband, actor and comedian Alec Baldwin, at Pure Food and Wine, a restaurant in New York, in February 2011. Watching her with her friends at the restaurant, Alec reportedly felt compelled to introduce himself. He walked up to her, took her hand, and blurted out "I must know you". The two chatted for a while standing there, following which he gave his card to her. She was not sure about calling him, but was encouraged to do so by a friend who actually made the call from her phone. He was unable to receive the call, and when he called back, she could not pick it up either. He later left a message telling her that he wanted to talk, following which they went on their first date a few days later.
- She was initially concerned about their age gap, however, they became romantically involved soon and by August that year, moved from the Upper West Side to Greenwich Village. They announced their engagement in April 2012, and got married two months later on June 30 at New York City's St. Patrick's Old Cathedral. With the marriage, she became step-mother to model Ireland Baldwin, his daughter from ex wife actress Kim Basinger. She gave birth to their first child together, daughter Carmen Gabriela Baldwin, on August 23, 2013. The couple later welcomed two sons, Rafael Thomas Baldwin (born on June 17, 2015) and Leonardo Ángel Charles Baldwin (born on September 12, 2016). They are currently expecting their fourth child together, whom they revealed to be a boy in November 2017. Following Alec's idea, they celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary in June 2017 by renewing their vows.
- Known for posting regular updates on her family life, she does not pretend to live a 'fake' celebrity life and often show the hardships she goes through as a young mother. She is also outspoken about the couple's constant attempts to keep their marriage fresh, and often have date nights together. Proud of her Spanish upbringing, she speaks Spanish at home to teach her kids the language, and also helps Alec improve his accent. Passionate about yoga, she never misses her nighttime yoga routine.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed