Hannah Simone Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Born Country: England
Born in: London, England, UK
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Jesse Giddings (m. 2016)
siblings: Zach Simone
City: London, England
education: University of British Columbia, Ryerson University, Toronto
Hannah Simone is a popular Canadian actress, TV host, VJ, and former model. She appears as Cece Parikh, a gorgeous model, in the Fox channel’s hit show ‘New Girl’ along with the famous actress Zooey Deschanel. Her effortless performance and enthralling personality are the main reasons behind her growing popularity in the show business. She began her journey in the entertainment industry as a TV host and VJ before exploring other avenues such as acting. Though she was born in London, she has lived in many places around the world and has been exposed to different cultures from a tender age. She has lived in at least five major cities across the world including Cyprus, Vancouver, and New Delhi as her family used to move around frequently. Besides her career in the show business, she has also done research on the rights of children and women for a book under former Foreign Affairs Minister of Canada Lloyd Axworthy.
- Hannah Simone entered showbiz in 2005 and hosted the first season of a television show about decoration of houses called ‘Space for Living’. Thereafter, she worked as a VJ at MuchMusic channel (also known as Much) headquarters from May 2006 to November 2008.
- She worked as a news presenter for ‘Much News Weekly’ and hosted the show ‘The NewMusic’. She could connect well with the youth through music and interviewed various artists. She finally left Much channel on November 21, 2008 to move to Los Angeles.
- She hosted the reality show ‘WCG Ultimate Gamer’ with Joel Gourdin on the American channel Syfy. The show was aired from 10th March 2009 to 7th October 2010.
- She then acted in various television shows and finally got her break in movies in 2011. In 2013, Hannah got featured in the ‘What Women Want’ campaign for Gillette along with Kate Upton and Genesis Rodriguez.
- She appeared in the music video of ‘Angel in Blue Jeans’ for the American band ‘Train’ in 2014. In June 2014 she visited India to support the international organization ‘Free The Children’ and participate in the social media campaign called ‘We Are Silent’ in collaboration with ‘The Malala Fund’.
- She then appeared in a music video called ‘Same Air’ for ‘The Rocket Summer’, a solo project of the American musician Bryce Avary. She took the role of the host in the 8-episode first season of ‘Kicking & Screaming’ in 2017. Right now she also appears in the TV series ‘New Girl,’ in which she has been starring from the year 2011.
- Hannah Simone was born on 3rd August 1980 in London to an English mother with Greek, German and Italian ancestry and an Indian father. She has a brother whose name is Zach Simone. She lived in Calgary during her childhood and stayed in three different continents from the age seven to ten, also attending school education there.
- She worked as a fashion model at 13 when she was in Cyprus. She attended the American Embassy School when she lived in New Delhi. After returning to Canada, she stayed at White Rock, British Columbia first and then shifted to Vancouver.
- She attended the University of British Columbia and thereafter worked for a year for United Nations in London as a human rights and refugees officer, a job she still feels passionate about. She graduated from Ryerson University in 2005 which was followed by her career in the entertainment industry.
- In 2014, she participated in a public forum called ‘Time For Thanks’ for the Time magazine on the eve of Thanksgiving. She wrote a glowing tribute to her feminist father, expressing her gratitude through words, telling him how thankful she is to be his daughter.
- She dated Jesse Giddings, a musician from British Columbia, for almost four years and finally married him in July 2016 in a private ceremony. Jesse had worked previously as an E! news correspondent and they broke the news of their secret wedding only in April 2017. She revealed the news of her pregnancy too in April and welcomed her first child, a boy, in early August 2017. This brunette actress likes spending time with friends and family and prefers to keep her personal life private and away from media attention.
- Hannah loves doing eye make-up.
- While growing up and living abroad, she was part of many local theater groups in India, Canada, Greece, and Saudi Arabia.
- Her pregnancy in real-life was woven into the storyline of her character Cece in the TV show ‘New Girl,’ who expected a baby in the season finale.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed