Hallie Gnatovich Biography
Hallie Gnatovich is a former American actress who rose to fame for her appearance in the paranormal reality TV series ‘Destination Truth’. Prior to finding her big break, Hallie worked in various production crews after graduating with a degree in theatre from Oberlin College. She received her first acting breakthrough when she starred in the popular short film ‘Archer House’ in 2007. Later, she was roped in to play a recurring character as the researcher in ‘Destination Truth’. It was around the same time that Hallie decided her passion lay in therapy and counselling and decided to switch streams. She started off by earning a certification in mindfulness and later earned her master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Alliant International University. She began practicing immediately and worked with Jenesse Center and Jewish Family Center before receiving her license in 2012. Consequently, Hallie started her own company ‘Halllie G. Therapy’ and worked with many more clients. Her passion to make a difference in the world bore fruit, and her clinic slowly grew successful. She continues to run her own company today in California and specializes in counselling programs for entertainment industry professionals. Hallie has no intentions of returning to the big stage and hopes to continue working as a therapist.
- Hallie Gnatovich was interested in pursuing acting and theatre as a teenager and decided to enroll at Oberlin College for a bachelor’s degree in Art and Theatre. She graduated with her degree in 2004 but was yet to find full-time work as an actress. In the meanwhile, she started working with production crews and familiarized herself with the industry. She eventually landed a minor role in the Dina Gachman directed short film ‘Archer House’ in 2007. Though relatively short, the film was popular. However, her big break came in 2008 when she was roped in to play a recurring character in the popular paranormal TV series ‘Destination Truth’. Hallie played the role of a researcher and appeared in eight episodes. She was first seen in the second season, and she marked her final appearance in the series in its final and fifth season with the episode titled ‘Ghosts of Cannibal Village/Kapre’, in 2012.
- Despite establishing herself as an actress, Hallie Gnatovich didn’t want to pursue acting and had developed an interest towards studying psychology and therapy. Even while filming for ‘Destination Truth’, she had begun studying counselling and therapy. She worked with Jenesse Center from 2009 to 2012 and subsequently obtained a certification in Mindfulness. Armed with prior experience, she easily graduated with a master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Alliant International University in 2010 and has been practicing as a therapist since. She earned her license as a therapist while working for the Jewish Family Center in 2012.
- After finding her calling, Hallie’s career flourished as a therapist. She currently runs her own clinic ‘Hallie G Therapy’ along with a cohort of other associate therapists. Hallie also specializes in talking to young actors, writers, and LGBTQ couples. In addition to general therapy sessions, Hallie also runs the ‘Feeling Whole in Hollywood’ program. This special session is aimed at entertainment industry professionals and new actors who need to gather up their courage to survive in Hollywood. Hallie’s prior experience in acting helps her run the program. She is currently based out of California and has no intentions to return to the big stage.
- Hallie Gnatovich was born on January 26, 1981 to Rock and Stana Gnatovich in the United States. She has two siblings: Steven Gnatovich and Simognat Gnatovich. Hallie is currently married to the American television presenter and actor, Josh Gates. The duo met each other during the production of the TV series ‘Destination Truth’ and eventually grew close. They dated for a couple of years before deciding to tie the knot on 13 September 2014 in Kennebunkport, York. Despite being together for a long time, the duo hadn’t revealed their relationship to the public and had kept it under wraps. In the same vein, their wedding ceremony, too, was an intimate affair with close friends and family. The couple also has a son, Owen Gates, who was born on February 12, 2016. Hallie welcomed and introduced him to the world through a tweet. Later in 2018, the couple welcomed a daughter into their family as well. Hallie loves spending time with her family and enjoys running. She has confessed to leading a simple, reserved life and practices kundalini yoga.
- Hallie broke the news about her pregnancy to Josh while he was filming ‘Secrets of Christopher Columbus’ and Josh’s overwhelming reaction to this was captured on the camera.
- Hallie loves reading and her favorite books include ‘A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo’, ‘Simplicity Parenting’, and ‘The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed