Greer Grammer Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Kandace Greer Grammer
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actress
father: Kelsey Grammer
mother: Barrie Buckner
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Greer Grammer is an American actor and a former beauty pageant winner. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, she belongs to a family that is associated with the American entertainment industry. Her father, Kelsey Grammer, is a popular actor and director, and her mother, Barrie Buckner, worked as a makeup artist. Inspired by her father, Greer developed an interest in acting. By the age of 5, she had started participating in theater. As a teenager, she participated in beauty pageants and won quite a few of them. She started her professional acting career after graduating in theater from the ‘University of Southern California.’ She made her acting debut in 2010, with the sitcom ‘iCarly,’ playing the role of ‘Tancy’ in one of its episodes. The same year, she made her film debut with ‘Almost Kings.’ She had her major acting breakthrough in 2011, when she was signed to play the key role of ‘Lissa Miller’ in the teen comedy–drama series ‘Awkward.’ In addition, she also played a major role in the series ‘The Middle.’ After making her film debut in 2010, she appeared in films such as ‘Chastity Bites,’ ‘Life Partners,’ and ‘Altitude’.
- Greer Grammer was born on February 15, 1992, in Los Angeles, California, to Kelsey Grammer and Barrie Buckner. Her father was a renowned actor and director of his time. Her mother worked as a makeup artist. Her half-sister from her father’s first marriage, Spencer, is also a well-known actor.
- Kelsey and Barrie never married, and when they broke up, Greer continued to live with her mother. Her father, however, has married four times to date, and Greer thus has many half-siblings. Greer has three half-sisters and three half-brothers.
- Named after actor Greer Garson, Greer grew up mostly with her mother but remained in constant touch with her father. She had an artistic inclination since childhood and exhibited active interest in performing arts. She was associated with theater even at the tender age of 5.
- She loved ‘Disney’ animated shows and movies and also loved old Hollywood classics. Following her interest in performing arts, her mother got her enrolled into dance, acting, and singing classes. She attended the ‘Idyllwild Arts Academy,’ a boarding school, for 2 years. She received intense training under their theater programs.
- Following her graduation from the school, she started searching for agents to guide her through her career. During this time, she completed almost all of her remaining school education via homeschooling.
- After graduating high school, she enrolled at the ‘University of Southern California.’ She graduated in 2014, majoring in theater.
- Greer Grammer started participating in beauty pageants during her high-school years and was moderately successful. She participated in her first beauty pageant in 2008 and won the title of ‘Miss Teen Malibu.’ She also participated in the ‘Miss California Teen’ pageant that year and made her place among the top 10 contestants.
- In 2009, she won the ‘Miss Teen Malibu’ pageant and reached the top 10 of the ‘Miss California Teen’ pageant again. She ended up making a place among the top 10 contestants of the state contest for the third time in a row.
- She also won the ‘Miss Regional California Teen 2011’ honor. The same year, she represented the Thousand Oaks region at the ‘Miss California Teen’ contest and was once again placed among the top 10 contestants. This was her last beauty pageant, and she retired soon after.
- She was also named ‘Miss Golden Globe’ at the 72nd ‘Golden Globe Awards’ in 2015.
- In 2010, she made her acting debut with a guest role in the teen sitcom ‘iCarly.’ She appeared in one of its episodes, titled ‘iSpace Out,’ as ‘Tancy.’ The same year, she also made her film debut with the small role of ‘Sasha’ in the film ‘Almost Kings.’
- She did not have to struggle a lot to sign her first major project. In 2011, she was signed to play a key role in the teen comedy–drama series ‘Awkward,’ which focused on the issues teenagers face with their identity, sexuality, and their insecurities. Greer played the role of ‘Lissa Miller’ in the series.
- Greer’s role was recurring for the first two seasons, and her performance was praised by many. She was made a regular cast member of the series in its third, fourth, and fifth seasons. Her character was that of a bubbly yet extremely religious teenager.
- The series was widely praised for its humor and its plot. It continued for five seasons, until 2016. There are possibilities that the series will be renewed for a sixth season soon.
- In 2013, Greer appeared in the comedy–horror teenage film ‘Chastity Bites.’ It had a limited release. Greer then bagged a major role in the 2014 film ‘Life Partners.’ She played the role of ‘Mia’ in the romantic comedy. It was well received by critics. However, the film fared badly at the box office.
- In 2014, Greer played a key role in the direct-to-DVD holiday film ‘An Evergreen Christmas.’ She appeared as ‘Annabelle’ in the film. ‘An Evergreen Christmas’ received mixed reviews at the box office.
- In 2015, Greer appeared in a small recurring role in the sitcom ‘Melissa & Joey’ and then appeared in a leading role in the TV film ‘Manson’s Lost Girls.’
- In 2016, she played the first lead role of her film career in ‘Emma’s Chance,’ portraying ‘Emma Bailey.’ The same year, she appeared in another independent film, ‘Too Close to Kill,’ and played one of its leading roles, ‘Samantha.’
- She also played the role of ‘Samantha Blake’ in the 2016 TV film ‘Deadly Sorority.’ The same year, she appeared in the series ‘Cupcake Wars’ and ‘Rush Hour.’ In 2017, she was seen playing the role of ‘Sadie’ in the film ‘Altitude.’ The same year, she was selected to play the recurring role of ‘April’ in the sitcom ‘The Middle.’ She appeared in the sitcom for seven episodes in its first season.
- She appeared in an episode of the ‘AwesomenessTV’ web series ‘Foursome,’ titled ‘Ex-Isled.’
- She is currently working on three upcoming films. Her independent film ‘Burning at Both Ends’ will be released in 2018, while ‘The Last Summer’ and ‘Roe v. Wade’ are expected to be released in 2019.
- Greer Grammer is a member of the sorority group ‘Kappa Kappa Gamma.’
- Greer was not too confident about her looks because of her naturally pale skin. She once stated that she would earlier get spray-tanned twice before attending any beauty pageant.
- Greer met Tyler Konney for the first time in 2016. Tyler was one of the scriptwriters of the film ‘Emma’s Chance,’ in which she played the lead role. The couple is now in a relationship.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed