Gemma Atkinson is an English actress who is best known for her roles in the television series ‘Hollyoaks,’ ‘Casualty,’ and ‘Emmerdale.’ Alongside television, she has also played important roles in stage productions, portraying the female lead in plays such as ‘This Is How It Goes.’ She has made a few film appearances as well. Also a former glamour model, she has graced the covers of popular magazines like ‘Nuts,’ ‘Zoo Weekly,’ ‘FHM’ and ‘Maxim.’ Known for her voluptuous and curvaceous figure, she came fifth in a Daily Star readers' poll to find the "best breasts in Britain" in 2007. Though she no longer works as a glamour model due to the demands of her acting career, she was hailed as one of the top English glamour models at the peak of her modelling career. She is beautiful, talented, sexy, and super hot! But that’s not all about Gemma Atkinson; the ravishing lady also has a heart of gold and is actively involved in a number of philanthropic works.
- Gemma Atkinson was born on 16 November 1984 in Bury, Greater Manchester, England. She attended Castlebrook High School. Not much about her family or early life is known to the media.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowCareer
- Gemma Atkinson ventured into the show business in the early 2000s. Beautiful, sexy, and confident, she took up modelling and before long became a popular glamour model. She has posed for risqué and sexy photos for lingerie and men’s magazines, such as ‘Arena,’ ‘FHM,’ ‘Loaded,’ ‘Maxim,’ ‘Zoo’ and ‘Nuts.’ In the mid-2000s, she was counted amongst the top celebrity glamour models in the UK. While working as a model, she also simultaneously ventured into acting, playing the role of Lisa Hunter in the popular television series ‘Hollyoaks’ from 2001 to 2006. She also reprised her role in the spin-off series ‘Hollyoaks: After Hours’ (2004), ‘Hollyoaks: Let Loose’ (2005), and ‘Hollyoaks: In the City’ (2006). After playing minor roles in television series and films over the ensuing years, she started portraying the character of Carly Hope in the series ‘Emmerdale’ in 2015. She is also known for her appearances as a contestant on reality TV series such as ‘I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!,’ ‘Celebrity MasterChef’ and ‘Soapstar Superstar.’ In addition to her television roles, Gemma has also appeared in a few films and acted in some stage productions.Charity Works
- Gemma Atkinson is actively involved with various charities. In September 2007, she did a 5 kilometre charity run for breast cancer awareness—a cause that is very close to her heart. She was also part of an event organised by Olivia Newton-John's breast cancer awareness charity in 2008. She is known for her association with the Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT) as well, and serves as an ambassador for the same.Awards & Achievements
- Gemma Atkinson was ranked at no. 32 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list in 2006. In 2007, her rank moved up to no. 23, and rose to no. 18 in 2008. She ranked no. 46 in AskMen.com's 99 Sexiest Women of 2008.Love Life
- Gemma Atkinson has often made the headlines for her numerous flings with well-known men. She has dated footballers Marcus Bent and Cristiano Ronaldo, and was once in a relationship with her personal trainer Olly Foster. As of early 2017, she was rumoured to be dating Manchester United football player Ryan Giggs.
1. The Dyatlov Pass Incident (2013)
(Thriller, Mystery, Horror, Sci-Fi)
2. Boogie Woogie (2009)
3. 13 Hrs (2010)
(Thriller, Horror, Action)
4. Airborne (2012)
(Thriller, Mystery, Horror, Comedy)
How To CiteArticle Title- Gemma Atkinson BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/gemma-atkinson-32755.phpLast Updated- May 22, 2017
People Also Viewed