Frank Iero Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Frank Anthony Iero, Jr
Born in: Belleville, New Jersey, United States
Famous as: Musician
children: Cherry Iero, Lily Iero, Miles Iero
U.S. State: New Jersey
Founder/Co-Founder: Skeleton Crew
education: Rutgers University
Rhythm guitarist and back up vocalist of the alternative rock band 'My Chemical Romance', Frank Iero began playing with local bands in his hometown, New Jersey at the age of eleven. He is also the vocalist of 'Leathermouth', a post-hardcore band and of the electronic-hardcore act ‘Death Spells’. After his parents spilt-up, he was raised by his mother, who encouraged his musical talents by lending out her basement for band practice. Before he became a part of 'My Chemical Romance', Iero played with many other bands, including ‘I Am A Graveyard’, ‘Pencey Prep’, ‘Hybrid’, ‘Sector 12’ and ‘Give Up the Ghost’. He had earned a scholarship to Rutgers University but dropped out of the same to pursue a career in music. Apart from his musical endeavors, Iero is also known for his keen business acumen. He ran the company 'Skeleton Crew', a record label, clothing line and publishing business. Some of his well- known 'My Chemical Romance' albums include, 'The Black Parade', ‘Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys' and 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge'.
- Frank Iero was born in Belleville, New Jersey, United States, but was mostly raised in Kearny, New Jersey. He grew up with his mother as his parents split when he was very young.
- He attended Rutgers University for a brief period but later dropped out to pursue a career in music. His mother encouraged him in his musical career by lending out her basement for band practice.
- At eleven, he began playing with local bands in and around New Jersey. For a brief period, he was the frontman of the punk band Pencey Prep.
- While he played for the band Pencey Prep, he became acquainted with members of the ‘My Chemical Romance’ band. He also played with many bands like ‘I Am A Graveyard’, ‘Hybrid’, ‘Sector 12’, and ‘American Nightmare’.
- In 2001, the alternative rock band, ‘My Chemical Romance' was formed, of which he became a co-guitarist. Its other members included lead vocalist Gerard Way, co-guitarist Ray Toro and bassist Mikey Way.
- On July 23, 2002, ‘My Chemical Romance' came out with their debut album, 'I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love'. The album did not gain much success.
- In 2003, he gave the backing vocals for the track ‘Black Duct Tape' from the album 'Your Murder Mixtape' of the hardcore punk and metalcore band named, ‘The Banner’.
- Released on June 8, 2004, the ‘My Chemical Romance' album, 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge' was well received. The album featured the singles, ‘I’m Not Okay (I Promise)’, ‘Helena, ‘The Ghost of You’ and ‘Thank You for the Venom’.
- In 2006, the band came out with their studio album titled, 'The Black Parade', which was created in a rock opera format. The album was one of their most successful attempts.
- As the frontman of the hardcore punk band, ‘Leathermouth', he was part of the band’s debut album, ‘XO’, which was released in 2009. He wrote the lyrics for the album.
- In 2010, ‘My Chemical Romance' released their final album titled, ‘Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys', which received positive reviews from music critics.
- In December 2010, he disassociated himself from ‘Skeleton Crew’, a record company that he and his wife had founded earlier. This was because he wanted to devote more time to his music career and family.
- In 2012, he gave the vocals and played the guitar for the track, ‘This Song Is a Curse' for 'Frankenweenie Unleashed!: Music Inspired by the Motion Picture'. That year, he also played instruments and gave vocals for the track, ‘Xmas Sux'.
- In 2013, he gave vocals and played instruments for the tracks, 'Be My Baby (cover)', 'Stage 4: Fear of Success', 'Joyriding' and ‘I'm Trying As Hard As I Can...But All I Really Wanna Do Is Fuck Off And Get High’.
- In 2013, it was announced that along with James Dewees, he would work on the upcoming project with ‘Death Spells’, an electronic-hardcore band. It was also announced that he would go on a tour to support the musical group, ‘Mindless Self Indulgence'.
- The album, ‘The Black Parade' peaked at the number two position on the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200. The album reached the number one position on the US Rock Albums chart. It also received the Platinum Europe Award.
- During his childhood days, he suffered from bronchitis and ear infections due to which he spent much of time being treated in the hospital.
- On February 2007, he married Jamia Nestor, who he had been dating for a long-time. They have three children.
- A tattoo lover, he sports many tattoos, including logos of the bands, ‘Black Flag’ and ‘The Misfits’, among many others. He was also featured on the reality show, ‘LA Ink’.
- He is a vegetarian. In 2008, PETA named him, 'One of the World's Sexiest Vegetarians'.
- On several occasions he has expressed that he is pro-gay rights, either by wearing t-shirts with such slogans or by other means.
- This rock musician and guitarist from the band ‘My Chemical Romance' is known for sporting many tattoos all over his body. One tattoo also includes a portrait of his grandfather and grandmother. He also has a tattoo of the letters ‘NJ’ inside of his lip.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed