Kathryn Felicia Day is an American actress, singer, writer and web series creator. She is best known for creating the web series 'The Guild', which she also wrote, produced, and starred in. The series was a success, winning several awards such as a 'YouTube Video Award.' Venturing into the entertainment world at an early age, she started off her career by starring in stage productions. The highly talented young woman is also professionally trained in operatic singing and ballet. Following her graduation, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Popular for her work as a web series creator, she is known for her work in films as well. She has acted in films such as 'The Mortician's Hobby' and 'Red: Werewolf Hunter'. She was most recently seen in a supporting role in the romantic film 'Lust for Love'. She has also played major and guest roles in episodes of several TV shows. Her most important works on television include her role in the TV series 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'. The show is rated by TIME magazine as one of the '100 Best TV Shows of All-time'. She has been listed by TV week in their list of Top 10 Web Video Creators.
- Kathryn Felicia Day was born on 28th June 1979 in Huntsville, Alabama in the US. Details regarding her parents or early life are not available to the media.Her career began at the age of seven in a production of the play ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’. She also learned signing and ballet dance, and performed in concerts and national level competitions.Day attended the University of Texas at Austin, where she double majored in mathematics and music performance. She graduated at the age of nineteen.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Felicia Day moved to Los Angeles after her graduation to pursue an acting career. She acted in commercials as well as in TV shows such as 'Undeclared' and 'Maybe It's Me'. She then played a minor role in the 2004 comedy film 'Bring It On Again'.Over the years, she has appeared in several films, mostly in minor roles. Her works include 'God's Waiting List' (2006), 'Prairie Fever' (2008) and 'Red: Werewolf Hunter' (2010). She also appeared in a few TV movies, such as 'Warm Springs' and 'Mystery Woman: Vision of a Murder'.She came to prominence with the web series 'The Guild' which ran from 2007 to 2013. She was not only the creator of the series, but also the lead actor and writer. The series was a success and won several awards. The show was loosely based on her life as a gamer.In 2008, she played an important role in the web series 'The Legend of Neil'. It aired till 2010, covering three seasons. In 2008, she also starred in the musical web series ‘Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog’. In 2010, she played a minor role in the sci-fi TV series 'Eureka'. Around this time, she played guest roles in numerous TV shows as well.She then created the web series 'TableTop' which aired from 2012. She played guest roles in the show as well. It was an average success. She also appeared in the TV series 'Supernatural'.She played an important role in the 2014 film 'Lust for Love'. The film was directed by Anton King. It revolved around the story of a guy trying to win back his childhood dream girl. She also played a role in the web series 'Con Man', which has been airing since 2015. In 2017, she started playing an important role in the popular TV series 'Mystery Science Theater 3000.'Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- The web series ‘The Guild’ is the most important work in Felicia Day’s career. The comedy series was heavily inspired by Day’s life as a gamer. With Day in the lead role, the cast also included Vincent Caso, Jeff Lewis, Amy Okuda, Sandeep Parikh and Robin Thorsen. It aired from 2007 till 2013. It was a success and won many awards, such as the ‘YouTube Video Award’ and the ‘Yahoo! Video Award’.Continue Reading BelowShe played a role in the popular sci-fi TV series ‘Eureka’. The story was set in a fictional town named Eureka where most people are scientific geniuses. The series dealt with the misuse of technology, an issue which is later resolved by the scientists. The show aired from 2006 to 2012, covering a total of five seasons. It was a success and earned an Emmy nomination as well.Day is also known for her role in the TV series ‘Mystery Science Theatre 3000’. The show originally began airing in the 1980s and was later cancelled only to be revived in 2017. The story is about a human test subject who is imprisoned by mad scientists on a spacecraft. The show is hugely popular and has won multiple awards. It was nominated for an Emmy as well.Awards & Achievements
- Felicia Day has won several significant awards for her role in the web series ‘The Guild’, which includes three ‘Streamy Awards’ and two ‘IAWTV Awards.’ She won another ‘IAWTV Award’ for her work as a writer in the vlog ‘The Flog’.In 2008 she was included in the list of Best Web Video Creators by TV week.Personal Life & Legacy
- Felicia Day is currently known to be single. She was earlier in a relationship with Nathan Fillion.In 2017, she gave birth to a baby girl who she named Calliope Maeve. She hasn’t revealed the name of the child’s father.
1. Generator Rex (2010)
(Action, Animation, Thriller, Sci-Fi)
2. Lust for Love (2014)
How To CiteArticle Title- Felicia Day BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/felicia-day-34600.phpLast Updated- November 13, 2017
People Also Viewed