Estella Warren Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Estella Dawn Warren
Born Country: Canada
Born in: Peterborough, Canada
Famous as: Actress
father: Don Warren
mother: Esther Warren
education: Silverthorn Collegiate Institute
Estella Warren is a model, actress and a former swimming champion from Canada. After beginning her career as a synchronized swimmer for her country, Estella Warren won many medals and trophies at the national level. She was subsequently noticed by the modelling scout George Gallier, who became her agent. After a few photoshoots, Warren’s career as a model was established and she started gracing the covers of reputed magazines such as Vogue, Vanity Fair, and Cosmopolitan. She also was part of the popular Luc Besson campaign for Chanel No. 5. As her status as a model grew, Warren started receiving many offers to act in movies. She made her debut in 2001 with ‘Perfume’ and went on to appear in several popular films such as ‘Planet of the Apes’, ‘Her Minor Thing’, and ‘Just Within Reach.’ She has also appeared as a guest in TV shows such as ‘Law & Order’ and ‘That '70s Show.’ More recently, Warren was seen playing the lead character in the TV series ‘Age of the Living Dead’ and ‘Feel the Dead.’
- Estella Warren began her career as a swimmer. She trained as a professional swimmer in school from the age of seven and moved to Toronto in 1990 to train along with the national team for synchronized swimming. At the national level, she won the championship thrice and won the bronze at the Junior World Championship in 1995. While she was training regularly, she was noticed by Rhonda Broadbelt Fonte, the woman running the Broadbelt & Fonte Models agency. Estella’s striking features and charming personality was also noticed by George Gallier of the American Models fame.
- After being scouted by the two, Estella Warren decided to take a shot at a modelling career and visited New York City for a few photoshoots. In NYC, she met Ellen Von Unwerth, a popular fashion photographer, who decided to feature her in the Italian edition of Vogue magazine. Since then, assignments poured in constantly. Her breakthrough came when she was photographed by Jean Paul Goude for the ‘Eau d’Eden’ campaign. This was followed by her assignment for Chanel No. 5 along with Luc Besson.
- With several hit appearances as a model, Estella started gracing the covers of magazines such as Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Vanity Fair, and even appeared on TV. In 2000, she was ranked #1 in Maxim’s Hot 100 List. Her other modelling campaigns and clients include Cartier, Volvo, UGG Australia, Samsung, Victoria’s Secret, among others. Around 2001, offers from Hollywood arrived at her doorstep and Warren made her big-screen debut in 2001 with the movie ‘Perfume’. Her other movies from the same year include ‘Driven’, ‘Planet of the Apes’, and ‘Tangled.’ Next, she played the role of Jessie in ‘Kangaroo Jack’ (2003) and followed this up with the role of Charlene in ‘The Cooler’ (2003). She also made her TV debut in 2003 with an appearance in ‘That ‘70s Show’ as Raquel in the episode titled ‘The Kids Are Alright.’ She ended the year with her performance in the crime thriller ‘I Accuse.’ In 2004, Warren appeared in ‘Evil Remains’ as Kristy Goodman, in ‘Blowing Smoke’ as Faye Grainger, and in ‘Pursued’ as Emily Keats.
- In 2005, Warren focused on TV and made appearances in ‘Ghost Whisperer’, ‘Law & Order’, and ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’; however, she only managed guest characters and had yet to receive a recurring role. She was also seen in the comedy romance ‘Her Minor Thing.’ In the next couple of years, her roles dwindled, and she was only seen in ‘Pucked’ (2006), ‘Taphephobia’ (2006), ‘Lies and Crimes’ (2007), ‘Blue Seduction’ (2009), and ‘Mental’ (2009). She made her comeback in 2010 by playing Belle in ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Other quick appearances in ‘Transparency’, ‘See You in September’, and Irreversi’ followed. Despite the strong comeback, Warren’s career staggered. Her projects in the next few years included ‘Dangerous Intuition’ (2013), ‘Nocturna’ (2015), ‘No Way Out’ (2015), ‘Decommissioned’ (2016), and ‘Just Within Reach’ (2017).
- Towards the end of 2017, Warren received her first major billing in a TV series. She was cast as Skyler in the horror TV series ‘Feel the Dead.’ Warren appeared in all six episodes of the first season. Next, she played the lead character of Michelle in ‘Age of the Living Dead’, another horror series. The series was directed by Simon Philips and starred Nicola Posener, Norman Black, and Deji LaRay, among others. It was well-received by the audience. Currently, Warren is filming for the movie ‘Undateable John’ and the series ‘The Beginning: Feel the Dead’ . Both of them are set to be released in 2020.
- On May 24, 2011, Estella was arrested by the police in Los Angeles after she hit three parked cars and fled the scene. She was subsequently charged with Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI). However, the scene turned ugly when she resisted her arrest and kicked an officer. It turned worse when she decided to escape from her cuffs and run away from the police station. Eventually, she was caught and charged with DUI, battery on a police officer, hit-and-un, and resisting a police officer. After she entered a no contest plea for her charges, she was ordered to a residential rehab facility on August 19, 2011 for four months.
- Estella Dawn Warren was born on December 23, 1978 in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada to Esther and Don Warren. Her mother worked as an elementary school headmistress, and her father worked as a car dealer. She has two older sisters. She hasn’t revealed any information about her personal relationships.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed