Erika Eleniak Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Born Country: United States
Born in: Glendale, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Philip Goglia (m. 1998 - div. 1998)
Partner: Roch Daigle (2001–)
U.S. State: California
City: Glendale, California
Erika Eleniak is an American-Canadian actress and a former model for ‘Playboy.’ She is known for her work in several movies like ‘The Blob’ and ‘The Beverley Hillbillies’ as well as for her role in the popular TV show ‘Baywatch’. Born in Glendale, California, she completed her schooling from Van Nuys High School, after which she became a model for the ‘Playboy’ magazine. She soon moved to acting on television, with a recurring role in the sitcom ‘Charles in Charge’. She received wider attention for role in the TV show ‘Baywatch’, where she portrayed a significant character. Her supporting role in the sci-fi horror film ‘Blob’, which was directed by Chuck Russell, also garnered her much popularity. The film revolved around an alien amoeba-type organism which devours and dissolves anything that comes in its path. Since 2012, she has been teaching acting. She is also actively involved in helping children who are recovering from substance abuse. She currently lives in Canada with her partner and child.
- Erika Eleniak was born on 29th September 1969 in Glendale, California, US. Her mother is of Estonian and German ancestry while her father is of Ukrainian descent. Her parents had four daughters, Erika being the eldest one, and one son.
- She studied at Robert Fulton Junior High and later at Van Nuys High School, from where she completed her schooling.
- Erika Eleniak’s first important role was in the sci-fi horror film ‘The Blob’ in 1988. It was a remake of the 1958 film of the same name. Though the film didn’t do too well, it received a cult following over the years. Her full-fledged modeling career began in July 1989, when she appeared in an issue of the ‘Playboy’ magazine.
- In the late 1980s, her TV career also took off with a recurring role in the sitcom ‘Charles in Charge’. The show revolved around a student, Charles, attending a fictional college named Copeland College in New Jersey. The series aired for five seasons.
- She earned much appreciation for playing one of the main roles in the action drama series ‘Baywatch’. It revolved around the adventures and personal lives of lifeguards on the beaches of Los Angeles, California.
- In 1992, she had an important role in the action thriller film ‘Under Siege’, which was directed by Andrew Davis. The film did quite well commercially and was also nominated for two Oscars. Critical reception was mostly positive as well.
- She was seen in the comedy film ‘The Beverley Hillbillies’ in 1993. The film was about a poor hillbilly who becomes a billionaire when he accidentally discovers crude oil after a hunting misadventure. The film was a commercial success though reviews were mostly negative.
- In 1994, she was seen in a main role in the comedy film ‘Chasers’, which was a critical and commercial failure. In 1995, she played the lead role in the film ‘Girl in the Cadillac’. She was also seen in the film ‘A Pyromaniac’s Love Story’ the same year.
- She had a main role in ‘Bordello of Blood’ (1996), a horror comedy film directed by Gilbert Adler. The film was an average success financially. Though critical reception was negative, it eventually went on to become a cult classic.
- In 1998, she appeared in four films: ‘Captive’, One Hot Summer Night’, ‘The Pandora Project’ and ‘Charades’. The next year, she appeared in the films ‘Stealth Fighter’, ‘Final Voyage’ and ‘Aftershock: Earthquake in New York’.
- In 2000, she played the lead role in the sports drama film ‘The Opponent’. It was her solo work of the year. She played a woman who takes up boxing for self-defense after being constantly abused by her boyfriend.
- In the ensuing years, she appeared in films and TV shows like ‘Vegas, City of Dreams’ (2001), ‘He Sees You When You’re Sleeping’ (2002), ‘The Librarians’ (2003)’ ‘Dracula 3000’ (2004), ‘Imps’ (2009) and ‘Meant to Be’ (2012). Her most recent work is the 2017 film ‘Boone: The Bounty Hunter’.
- The popular TV series ‘Baywatch’ is undoubtedly one of Erika Eleniak’s early major works. She played Shauni McClain, one of the main characters, till the third season. The series also starred actors David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, and Alexandra Paul. The show, which was about the lives of Los Angeles lifeguards, became one of the most watched TV series ever.
- Despite being more famous as a TV actress, she appeared in many films as well in her career. In the movie ‘Bordello of Blood’, she played a main role. Directed by Gilbert Adler, the film was about a private detective who is hired by Eleniak’s character to investigate her brother’s disappearance. The film was an average success commercially, earning $5.6 million on a $2.5 million budget. However, reviews were mostly poor.
- Erika Eleniak was once married to Philip Goglia from 1998 to 1999. The marriage lasted only six months.
- She has also dated Billy Warlock and Roch Daigle. Her relationship with Daigle led to the birth of her daughter Indyanna in January 2006.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed