Debbie Osmond Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Debra Glenn
Born in: Billings, Montana
Famous as: Donny Osmond's Wife
Height: 1.63 m
Spouse/Ex-: Donny Osmond (m. 1978)
children: Brandon Michael Osmond, Christopher Glenn Osmond, Donald Clark Osmond Jr., Jeremy James Osmond, Joshua Davis Osmond
U.S. State: Montana
Debbie Osmond is an American actress who is more famous for being former teen idol Donny Osmond’s wife. As an actress, she was seen in the 1979 movie ‘The Fir Tree’, while her television appearances include shows like ‘Rachael Ray’, ‘Martha’ and ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ Debbie, who has been the steadfast partner of Donny Osmond for over four decades, has never sought to upstage anyone despite being in the limelight for such a long time. Instead, she has chosen to play the role of a famous musician’s spouse with poise and dignity. Apart from appearing on TV here and there, she is also a successful businesswoman, taking care of the flourishing home decor business that she owns with her husband. She is quite religious and follows the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, just like her other family members. She is believed to be the bond that holds the large clan, consisting of her husband, children and grandchildren, together. The family that lives all over the country follows traditional values without being fanatical.
- Debbie Osmond worked in the movie ‘The Fir Tree’ in 1979. This was her first credited role, although she did make an uncredited appearance as the girl who asks for Donny’s autograph at the end of the 1978 comedy movie ‘Goin’ Coconuts.’ In 2003, she appeared as herself in the video documentary ‘Donny Osmond: Live.’ In 2004, she once again featured in the video ‘Donny Osmond: Live at Edinburg Castle’. She made an appearance on the television series ‘Martha’ in an episode that aired on February 24, 2006. In 2009, she was seen in the role of an interviewer on the dance-based reality show ‘Dancing with the Stars’. She then became a guest on the cooking TV show ‘Rachael Ray’ in 2014. Despite being the wife of a famous singer and actor, Debbie never aspired for a career in the entertainment industry. She has rather been focused on her interior designing, cooking and home improvement projects. She recently turned her passion for interior designing into an entrepreneurship opportunity and launched a furnishing line that she owns with her husband Donnie Osmond. The line is called Donny Osmond Home and Coaster Fine Furniture.
- Cooking is Debbie’s favorite hobby, although she also likes to sew. She was comfortable in the role of a homemaker when she got married. She describes herself as a somewhat shy personality, who is happy looking after the home and the hearth, although she confesses that she dislikes doing the laundry. According to her, laundry in a never-ending task.
- Debbie Osmond was born as Debra Glen Lee on February 26, 1959, in Billings, the largest city in the state of Montana, United States of America. She is the youngest among the three children of Marge and Dr. Avery Glen. She has an older brother named Mike and an older sister named Pam. She attended Provo High School in Utah, graduating from there in the year 1977. She was a cheerleader in school. Before she started seeing Donny, Debbie was dating his brother Jay Osmond. But Donny Osmond convinced her to pursue a steady relationship with him, which eventually culminated in their marriage. Donny first met Debbie at a concert that she was attending with his brother Jay when she was 15 years old. After initial reservations, Debbie agreed to go out with Donny, and they started dating when she turned 18. The couple got married on May 8, 1978 at the Salt Lake LDS temple in Utah. Donny Osmond’s father was initially against the match, but the couple decided to get married nevertheless.
- Having completed over 40 years of togetherness, Debbie and Donny Osmond’s relationship is one of the best examples of a steady and loving union, especially in showbiz. They have had their fair share of ups and downs as is the case with almost every relationship, but they have chosen to stick together through thick and thin. In 2010 Donny wrote a meaningful song called ‘My Perfect Rhyme’ in 2004. He dedicated it to his beautiful wife Debbie Osmond. This song showcases their life together and how Debbie has stood by Donny and their children through the good, the bad and the ugly times they have faced during the last 40 years.
- They have five children together: Donald Clark Osmond Jr., born in 1979; Jeremy James Osmond, born in 1981; Brandon Michael Osmond, born in 1985; Christopher Glenn Osmond, born in 1990 and Joshua Davis Osmond, born in 1998. They became grandparents for the first time in 2005, and now have eight grandchildren. Debbie, who always wished for a daughter but did not have any, is happy that she now has both granddaughters and grandsons. She keeps in touch with her large family of sons, daughters-in-law, grandsons and granddaughters through Skype.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed