Daphne Joy is a model, actor, host and entrepreneur from the Philippines. She became a swimsuit model for OMG Miami Swimwear and later released her own holiday collection named Daphne Joy for Abyss by Abby Collection. She has appeared on the covers of Smooth Magazine, BlackMen Magazine and SHOW Magazine, among others. She has also been featured in Ed Hardy Swim Campaign 2009 and King Magazine. Her first role on television came in 2007 on the MTV show ‘Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out’. She went on to appear on the TV series ‘CSI: Las Vegas, Criminal Minds’, and ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’. She had short roles in the TV movie ‘Venice Heat’ and the comedy horror film ‘Frankenhood.’ Among her film appearances, the most noted is ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’ in which she played a mermaid. She has appeared in a number of music videos including "What You Got" by Colby O'Donis featuring Akon and "Miss Independent" by Ne-Yo featuring Jamie Foxx. She also has over 1.1 million followers on her Instagram account.
- Daphne Joy stated that she has been approached by casting directors since she was in elementary school. She participated in dance groups, plays and theatre when she was in high school. She started her career as a fashion model when she was 17 years old. She walked the ramp for top fashion designers, appeared in ads, and eventually became a cover girl for various men's magazines. In 2007, she appeared as a VJ/Dancer in an episode of MTV's ‘Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out’. Since then, she has worked on a number of TV shows and movies, including playing the role of a mermaid in the 2011 fantasy drama ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’. Her popularity rose significantly after she started dating rapper 50 Cent in 2011.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowWhat Makes Daphne Joy So Special
- Starting as a model, Daphne Joy has now become well-known as an actress for appearing on many television series and feature films. She is also an entrepreneur and has recently launched her own swimwear line. However, few know that she loves to host parties and has hosted major celebrity events in the past. She also modeled for charitable causes such as the annual Celebrity Catwalk, which raises awareness for abused cats and dogs. Growing up in the Philippines, she respects the culture and its values. Despite her immense popularity, she likes to stay low-key. She is a very good cook and loves Filipino food. She also loves to travel; however, her fear of heights restricts her vacation destinations and keeps her from enjoying rollercoaster rides or skydiving. Nevertheless, she dreams of overcoming her fear of heights by learning to fly a plane some day.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Beyond Fame
- Daphne Joy is infamous for her dating history and has been linked to a number of celebrities throughout the years. One of her earliest hook-ups was with much older Finnish-Canadian businessman Peter J. Nygård, even though the details of their relationship are unknown. In 2011, she briefly dated American actor Tyrese Gibson. Soon after, she started dating rapper 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III. It was one of her longest relationships, which lasted for over one and half years. She even had a child with the rapper, named Sire Jackson, who was born in 2013. Their relationship took an unexpected turn when she accused him of domestic assault. He allegedly physically abused her, breaking into her Toluca Lake condo on June 23, 2013, and also destroyed property worth $7,100 before he left. Police charged him with one count of domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. The domestic violence charges were later dropped after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor vandalism. Things have since then changed for better for the couple apparently; the rapper, who initially didn't even acknowledged having a child with her, recently promoted her swimsuit line on Twitter, calling her the mother of his baby and sparking rumors of them reuniting. In the meantime, Daphne, who dated singer Jason Derulo from November 2015 to May 2016, decided to break up with him on amicable terms. She also reportedly dated reality TV star Rob Kardashian for a short period of time in late 2013.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Behind The Curtains
- Daphne Joy Cervantes Narvaez was born on February 8, 1987, in Olongapo, Philippines. Her father was originally from Puerto Rico, while her mother was from Philippines. She spent much of her childhood in the Philippines and at the age of 7, relocated to Los Angeles with her family. During her high school years, she was part of the cheerleading team, dance groups and choir plays, and also participated in talent shows. She is currently a single mother.Trivia
- Daphne Joy considers herself a foodie, but thinks she is blessed to have a good metabolism which keeps her from gaining weight.
How To CiteArticle Title- Daphne Joy BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/daphne-joy-30670.phpLast Updated- March 31, 2018
People Also Viewed