Cyrinda Foxe Biography
Died At Age: 50
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Kathleen Victoria Hetzekian, Cyrinda Foxe-Tyler
Born in: Santa Monica, California, USA
Famous as: Actress, Model
Spouse/Ex-: David Johansen and Steven Tyler (ex-husbands), Keith Waa
children: Mia Tyler
place of death: New York City
U.S. State: California
City: Santa Monica, California
Cyrinda Foxe, born as Kathleen Victoria Hetzekian, was an American actress and model, best known for appearing in the flick ‘Bad’. Married to both Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith and David Johansen of the band New York Dolls at different points of time, she had had several flings in her lifetime. Foxe, who was once a hot model, was quite known for her self-styled Marilyn Monroe looks. Famous for applying the brightest red lipstick available, she brought glamour to rock 'n' roll music and became a self-made star. The mother of Mia Tyler and ex-stepmother of Liv Tyler, Foxe had never been a one-man woman in her personal life. She faced several ups and downs in all her marriages. She once published a memoir on her relationship with Steven Tyler. This book, titled ‘Dream On: Livin on the Edge with Steven Tyler and Aerosmith,’ was supposed to include nude photos of Tyler who then sued Foxe and prevented her from publishing those photos. The later years of this once-glamorous lady were fraught with health and financial problems. On September 7, 2002, Foxe died of a brain tumor in New York City.
- Cyrinda Foxe started her career as a publicist for Bowie's management company ‘MainMan’. She then appeared in a music video for David Bowie's track ‘The Jean Genie.’ In 1977, she was cast in the movie ‘Bad’ which earned her popularity.
- She released her tell-all memoir titled ‘Dream On: Livin on the Edge with Steven Tyler and Aerosmith’ in 1997. This book garnered a lot of negative reviews from Aerosmith fans. In 2000, the model cum actress launched a website and began selling nude pictures of her former husband Steven Tyler. However, by the end of the year that website got shut down.
- Cyrinda Foxe was born as Kathleen Victoria Hetzekian on February 22, 1952, in Santa Monica, California, USA, in an abusive household. She graduated from a local high school and then went on to settle in New York City.
- Talking about her controversial love life, the actress once had affairs with James Williamson and David Bowie. She even became pregnant with Bowie’s child but had an abortion later on.
- In 1977, Cyrinda got married to David Johansen of the band New York Dolls. While she was married to Johansen, she met singer Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith and left the former for the latter. Cyrinda and Tyler had a daughter, Mia. However, their relationship was troubled by extramarital affairs, drug addiction, physical and emotional abuse. Hence, they got divorced in the late 1980s.
- In 2001, Foxe suffered from a mild stroke. At that time, she was broke and had no place to live. Both Steven Tyler and David Bowie supported her during this harsh phase. Unfortunately, a year later (on September 7, 2002), the British actress cum model died of a brain tumor.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed