Christina Anstead Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Christina Meursinge Haac
Born Country: United States
Born in: Anaheim, California, United States
Famous as: Real Estate Investor
children: Brayden El Moussa, Taylor El Moussa
City: Anaheim, California
U.S. State: California
Christina Anstead is an American real estate investor and TV personality who is best known for appearing on the HGTV series 'Flip or Flop' alongside her ex-husband Tarek El Moussa. She has appeared in over a hundred episodes of the show which is running its eighth season currently. She also stars in her own spinoff series titled 'Christina on the Coast' which showcases her house flipping skills. She holds training sessions with Tarek through their real estate investment program, Real Estate Elevated, and has co-wrote with him the companion ebooks '24 Ways to Profit on Real Estate in 2019' and '50 Ways to Find Your Next Flip'. While working together with Tarek, she primarily handles the design aspect of the job and is responsible for keeping everything on schedule.
- Christina Anstead was born as Christina Meursinge Haack on July 9, 1983 in Orange County, California, United States. She has a sister named Carly who is ten years younger than her.
- She attended a school in southern California before pursuing a business and design course in college. Following her graduation, she began working in the real estate industry.
- Christina Anstead met her future husband, Tarek El Moussa, while working as a real estate agent, and the two subsequently opened the real-estate agency 'Tarek and Christina: The El Moussa Group' in Orange County, California. The couple partnered with Pete De Best and bought their first house in Santa Ana for $115,000, which earned them a profit of $34,000.
- They later expanded their house flipping and real-estate business to Arizona and Nevada, and also built their own construction and design company in southern California. They successfully ran the business till housing market plummeted after the October 2008 stock market crash, following which they had to tone down their living standards considerably.
- They completed their first flip six months behind schedule in 2010, but were able to turn a modest profit, which further fuelled their passion. In 2011, Tarek casually made a video of the process of house flipping from start to finish with the help of a friend and sent it as an audition tape to HGTV.
- Interestingly, the tape was liked by the producers and the couple was signed by the channel for a weekly program titled 'Flip or Flop', which premiered in April 2013. The television series has been hugely successful and has been running for eight seasons.
- The couple continues to appear together on the show despite their divorce in 2018; however, their joint company was dissolved following the divorce. They also continue to coach thousands of real estate students every year through their investment program, Real Estate Elevated, which includes workshops, advanced camps, online resources, live mentorships, and one-on-one coaching.
- Christina Anstead’s own spinoff show, 'Christina on the Coast', was announced in June 2018, and filming for it began in fall that year. The series, which premiered on May 23, 2019, focused on her renovating her new home in the first episode, followed by seven more episodes in which she fixed her clients' homes.
- Christina Anstead and Tarek El Moussa got married in 2009 and welcomed their first child together, daughter Taylor Reese El Moussa, on September 22, 2010. Christina was dissatisfied with herself for not being able to spend enough time with her daughter during the shooting of the first season of their show, and subsequently changed her schedule.
- After Tarek was diagnosed with Stage II thyroid cancer in 2013, they decided to bank his sperm and try in vitro fertilization before he started radiation treatment. They changed doctors and their approach to conception after a failed IVF attempt and a miscarriage, following which she was able to conceive in 2015 sticking to strict guidelines. The couple's second child, son Brayden James El Moussa, was born on August 20, 2015.
- Christina went back to work within four weeks of her son’s birth. She later reflected that it was too quick for her and caused tensions between the couple, who finally separated in May 2016 following a heated argument that culminated in Tarek leaving home with a gun. The couple filed for divorce in 2017 and it was finalized in January 2018.
- Christina Anstead began dating television presenter, Ant Anstead, in November 2017 after being introduced through a mutual friend and married him at their Newport Beach, California home on December 22, 2018.
- Christina and Tarek live close by and continue to co-parent their two kids. She has two more step-children from Ant's previous marriage and is expecting her first child with him, a boy.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed