Chris Smoove Bio
Chris Smoove is a YouTube gamer from America who is famous for his self-titled YouTube channel. He posts gameplay videos with funny commentary on major computer games and is primarily known for videos on the ‘NBA 2K’, ‘Madden’ and ‘Call of Duty’ series. He has worked with professional NBA and MLB players in some of the videos on his channel. He posted a challenge video with Tony Parker which is currently the third most viewed video on his channel. He also worked on a few promotional videos for PlayStation 4 featuring John Wall and David Ortiz. For some time, he had a partnership with the video entertainment network Machinima. In 2010, he received the "Machinima Sports Best Commentary" award. He is currently partnered with another YouTube group of content creators named Fullscreen. He has collaborated with other YouTube gamers like Ms 5ooo Watts to produce content together. He donated for ALS Research and also posted a video of him performing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with his girlfriend on August 22, 2014. He has a website through which he sells worldwide his custom-made merchandise, including T-shirts, hoodies and iPhone cases.
- Chris Smoove joined YouTube on March 19, 2006. He once jokingly mentioned in one of his video commentaries that he initially joined YouTube to look at booty shaking videos. While that might be true, he eventually started to use the platform to post his own videos. On February 13, 2008, he made his first post, a short video on spin move and jump on ‘NBA 2K’ video game. His channel was originally known as "Smoove7182954", but he changed it later to "Chris Smoove". His initial videos had no commentary, but he soon began to make gameplay videos with commentary, which made him immensely popular. However, it would be years before his fans will see him appear in front of the camera in person. His first onscreen appearance was on November 8, 2012, in a video in collaboration with NBL player Tony Parker. The video helped his channel grow significantly. He currently has over 3.37 million subscribers on his YouTube channel. He also has 449k followers on Twitter and 262K followers on Instagram.Recommended Lists:
- Chris Smoove gained widespread acclaim among gamers for his gaming commentary videos on YouTube. His commentary often contains catchy rap-like beats which his fans love to listen to. He not only won the "Machinima Sports Best Commentary" award in 2010, but also partnered with the entertainment network for some time to produce gameplay videos for them. He is best known for his videos on NBA 2K. Initially, while posting NBA 2K gameplay, he often used a unique "splash" catchphrase after hitting a 3 pointer shot. The auto tuned "splash" catchphrase later became very popular with his fans, and is now his trademark exclamation. He is also famous for being one of the few YouTube gamers who managed to produce hilarious content without resorting to offensive or abusive language. His in-game career walkthrough videos on the NBA series of games, including NBA 2K16 and NBA 2K17, made him very popular on YouTube. Other than the NBA 2K series, he also has a huge collection of videos on games like the Call of Duty series, the Madden series, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, Grand Theft Auto 5, FIFA 13 and Assassin's Creed 3. Most recently, he has expanded his channel to include games, such as Sniper Elite 4, Watch Dogs 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Chris Smoove has collaborated with many renowned YouTube gamers on his gameplay videos. He has appeared in a series of videos on Call of Duty: Black Ops II on the YouTube channel of another gamer, Ms 5ooo Watts. Tony Parker, a French professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of NBA, made an appearance on one of his videos on Need for Speed Most Wanted. He partnered with PlayStation during the PlayStation 4 launch and appeared on promotional videos with John Wall from the Washington Wizards and David Ortiz from the Boston Red Sox.
- Christopher Smoove was born on November 27, 1985, in Florida, United States. He is currently based in South Florida. He is in a relationship with a girl and they often go on vacations together, pictures of which he shares on his social media accounts. She also appeared in his videos a few times, mostly promoting his merchandise on YouTube. However, he has not disclosed her identity to his fans yet.
- Chris Smoove often asks his fans to share their ideas about his T-shirt designs and also uses those ideas.
Chris Smoove Fans Also Viewed