Charles Lincoln Neal III Bio
Charles Lincoln Neal III is a hugely popular YouTube star. The ability to make people laugh is one gift that may be compared to the noblest of professions in this world. Charles Lincoln Neal III aka Link is one such individual who has made a successful career out of this noble vocation. One half of the super-successful comedic duo, Rhet and Link, he is the owner of one of the most successful YouTube channels of his generation. Together with long-time friend, Rhett James McLaughlin, they host a morning talk show called Good Mythical Morning, which remains their number one claim to fame. Also co-owner of three other successful YouTube channels, 'Rehtt and Link', 'Good Mythical More' and 'This is Mythical', this engineer turned YouTuber is constantly coming up with super funny yet classy content for their channel. He has successfully branched out into other ventures such as merchandising and has even co-authored a book. The total subscription of his YouTube channels is close to a staggering 20 million and the total number of views is inching closer and closer to a whopping 4.5 billion! If that is not what success and fame looks like then we do not know what does.
- Link met his future business partner and friend for life at his elementary school. The bond lasted long and strong and later both of them quit their successful engineering jobs to devote their full time to their YouTube channels.Recommended Lists:
- Born performers, the duo were known in close circles for creating and performing comedic songs on various topics. With the support of their families, Link, along with Rhett, floated their first channel ‘Rhett and Link’ in 2006. They started out by posting short films, documentaries and commercials for local brands. They gradually expanded their content to funny sketches and even made raps and songs.Recommended Lists:
- They started their morning show in January 2011, and it was originally named ‘Good Morning Chia Lincoln’. They had to rename the show as half of their Chia pets died by February the same year. They finally came up with the name ‘Good Mythical morning’ and the name quickly caught on the fancy of the viewers. The show has featured several social media influencers like PewDiePie, comedian like Amy Schumer and actors like Daniel Radcliffe. It has also won several awards including Best Variety Series at the International Academy of Web Television Awards in 2013. They have eventually branched out to several offshoot of the show including 'The Mythical Show', 'The Good Mythical More' and 'This is Mythical'.
- Link has appeared as a guest in the ‘Epic Rap Battles of History’ and has portrayed Aviator Orville Write, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Explorer Lewis Meriwether as rappers.
- Link has also been involved in creation of sponsored videos and commercials for various well-known commercial ventures including McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Coca Cola, Cadillac, Wendy’s ,Rush T-shirts, Amazon Echo and Alka-Seltzer. The end-results have been immensely appreciated with several awards like Consumer Goods category at Advertising Age's 2008 W3 Awards, Adweek's 2008 Buzz Awards and Best Online Promotion at the Apparel Industry category at the 2010 Spirit Awards.
- Link along with Rhett launched their PodCast initiative in 2013 in collaboration with SoundCloud and iTunes. He is also responsible for creating two music albums titled ‘Just Mail Us the Grammy’, in 2001 and ‘I’m Sorry, What Was That?’ in 2005.
- They have also created music for their YouTube Red show ‘The Rhett and Link Buddy System’, which incidentally bumped out 'Orange is the New Black' from the most watched digital show list.
- Owing to his success, Link has made appearance in several noteworthy television talk shows like 'Jimmy Fallon Show', 'The Tonight Show' with Jay Leno and Conan.
- Link has also co-authored a book with Rhett, titled ‘Rhett & Link's Book of Mythicality: A Field Guide to Curiosity, Creativity, and Tomfoolery’, set to be published in October 2017 by Hachette UK.
- Link calls him and Rhett ‘Internetainers’ because their success is based on the internet. He also owns a production company called Mythical Productions.
- As of April, 2017, his joint net worth along with partner, Rhett, is estimated to be around 7.5 million USD, making him part of the highest grossing YouTube franchise of recent times.
- Charles Lincoln Link Neal III was born on 1 June 1978 at Boone Trail, North Carolina, USA. He has grown up in North Carolina and has a degree in Industrial engineering from North Carolina State University.
- He has been friends with Rhett McLaughlin since elementary school through college.
- He met his wife, Christy, in college and married her in 2000. The couple has three children and currently resides in Burbank, California.
- He has admitted that he has a slight case of OCD and likes to organize and re-organize his surroundings as has been described in his very famous video ‘The OCD Song’.
Charles Lincoln Neal III Fans Also Viewed