Celeste Ackelson Biography
Celeste Ackelson is an American communications graduate who is married to actor and director Brian Baumgartner. Her husband played the dim-witted accountant, Kevin Malone, in the television comedy series, ‘The Office’ (US). Little is known about her family and early life. She has stated in various interviews that she received her bachelor’s degree in communications from the Florida International University. When she was a child, she demonstrated that she had a naturally artistic mind. Later, she learned to channel her creativity to projects at school. As Ackelson grew up, her creativity found a new outlet, fashion. She married Baumgartner in April 2014 and about a year later, they had their first child together. The family presently resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Ackelson was born in 1982, in the United States of America. Very little information is available on her family and early life. However, she has stated she had a very regular upbringing. Gifted with an artistic mind, she excelled at doing various projects at school. When she became an adult, that creativity was still with her, and it helped her make a mark in the fashion scene. Her amazing sense of style has garnered her much praise in the public eye and on the red carpet.
- After graduating from high school, she enrolled at the Florida International University, from where she received her bachelor’s degree in communications.
- A native of Georgia, Baumgartner studied at The Westminster Schools. He subsequently studied at Southern Methodist University before relocating to Los Angeles. Since the beginning of his professional career, Baumgartner has been involved with theatre. He has worked as an Artistic Director of Hidden Theatre in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Later, he acted in plays staged at the Guthrie Theater, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Children's Theater Company, and Theatre de la Jeune Lune.
- Baumgartner made his screen debut in the 2001 romantic comedy ‘Herman U.S.A.’ He has since played a variety of roles in ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’ (2003), ‘Arrested Development’ (2005), and ‘Jake in Progress’ (2005). In 2005, he was cast as Kevin Malone in NBC’s sitcom ‘The Office’ (US). Kevin is one of the few minor characters with a counterpart in the original British series. That character is Keith Bishop. Both Keith and Kevin are overweight and not good at communicating with others. They also share a musical interest. Baumgartner has received positive reviews for his portrayal of the character.
- Baumgartner was previously married to pianist Julia Fisher. They have one child together. After his and Fisher’s divorce was finalised, he and Ackelson started dating. She has said that the actor had made his way to her heart with his sense of humour. According to her, Baumgartner has the ability to make her laugh even in the most serious situation.
- Ackelson and Baumgartner tied the knot on April 28, 2014, in the backyard of their house in California. Many of Baumgartner’s ‘The Office’ co-stars attended the ceremony. John Krasinski was there, along with his wife, Emily Blunt. Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey, and Oscar Nunez were also present. Ackelson was dressed in a strapless ivory gown with a mermaid finish while Baumgartner wore a light grey suit with a black tie. In 2015, Ackelson and Baumgartner’s daughter, Brylee Bea, was born. At present, the family resides in a $2.8 million home in Los Angles.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed