Cassidy Freeman Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Born Country: United States
Born in: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Justin Carpenter (m. 2012)
father: Lee Freeman
mother: Glynna Freeman
siblings: Clark Freeman, Crispin Freeman
City: Chicago, Illinois
U.S. State: Illinois
education: Middlebury College, Latin School of Chicago
Cassidy Freeman is an American actor and musician. A major in theater and Spanish, she began her career as a casting director for a theater group. Simultaneously, Cassidy ventured into acting and made her debut with short films. Even though she started with films, she later gained prominence for her TV roles. Cassidy initially starred in a couple of TV movies and appeared in an episode of a 'CBS' series before she bagged the role of ‘Tess Mercer’ in 'Smallville,' her first main role. The role earned Cassidy several accolades, and she subsequently bagged more roles in series such as ‘CSI,' 'The Playboy Club,' 'The Vampire Diaries,' 'NCIS,' 'Stitchers,' and 'NCIS: New Orleans.' She also starred in prominent roles in 'Longmire' and 'Doubt.' Cassidy is a prolific musician, too. She performs as part of a rock band she had formed along with her brother. Cassidy is associated with the charitable organization 'Heal the Bay' and 'Virginia Avenue Project.'
- Cassidy was born on April 22, 1982, in Chicago, Illinois, to Glynna and Lee Freeman. She has two brothers, voice actor Crispin Freeman and musician Clark Freeman. She is of English, Irish, Scottish, and German descent from her mother's side.
- Cassidy attended 'The Latin School of Chicago' and is a “magna cum laude” from 'Middlebury College.' She graduated from 'Middlebury' in 2005, majoring in theater and Spanish. She worked as a casting director at the 'Sight Unseen Theatre Group' for 2 years.
- Cassidy began her acting career in 2006, with two shorts: 'Clock' and the award-winning (‘Best Action Film’ at the 'Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival') 'Razor Sharp.' The latter featured her as ‘Veronica Sharpe.’ The following year, she made her TV debut with the TV movie 'An Accidental Christmas,' as ‘Kristine.’ She appeared as ‘Shirley’ in the mockumentary film 'Finishing the Game.'
- In the subsequent years, Cassidy majorly starred in shorts such as 'Starlet,' 'Shades of Gray,' and 'You've Reached Richarde & Gribbeen.' She made appearances in the TV movies 'Austin Golden Hour' (as ‘Charlie’) and 'Buzz' (as ‘Serena Zorn’). Cassidy was seen as ‘Laura McKinney’ in an episode of the 'CBS' police-procedural drama 'Cold Case.'
- Cassidy bagged her first significant TV role in the eighth season of 'The CW' (previously 'The WB') ‘Superman’-inspired series 'Smallville.' She was cast as ‘Tess Mercer,’ the CEO of the fictional company 'LuthorCorp.' Cassidy portrayed the character till its tenth season (2008–2011). The show ended in May 2011.
- Cassidy had a starring role as ‘Erin Luger,’ a cartographer, in the 2010 horror–thriller film 'YellowBrickRoad.' She was roped in to play three different characters in the 'CBS' crime-drama franchise 'CSI.' In October 2009, Cassidy was seen as ‘Officer Donna Grayson’ in an episode of the tenth season of 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,' titled 'Coup de Grace.'
- Following this, in September 2011, Cassidy appeared as ‘Devon Hargrove’ in an episode of 'CSI: NY,' titled 'Indelible.' In March 2012, she appeared as ‘Connie Jaden’ in an episode of ‘CSI: Miami,’ titled 'No Good Deed.'
- Cassidy appeared in many short films, such as 'Guitar Face' in 2012 (as ‘Hope’) and 'One Last Look' in 2014 (as ‘Kate’). She has also appeared as ‘Ellie’ in 'Brahmin Bulls' (2013), as ‘Peyton Lake’ in 'Don't Look Back' (2014), and as the younger version of the character ‘Charlotte’ in 'We Go On' (2016).
- In 2011, Cassidy made a guest appearance as ‘Frances Dunhill’ in four episodes of the 'NBC' historical crime drama 'The Playboy Club.' On January 13, 2012, she was signed as ‘Sage’ in three episodes of the third season of 'The CW' fantasy–drama 'The Vampire Diaries.'
- The same year, Cassidy began her stint in the 'A&E' (now 'Netflix') modern Western crime drama 'Longmire.' She portrayed the main character, ‘Cady Longmire,’ the daughter of sheriff ‘Walt Longmire’ (played by Robert Taylor). She made a brief appearance as ‘Jacqueline’ in an episode of the 'ABC' fantasy–drama 'Once Upon a Time,' titled 'Tiny.'
- Cassidy portrayed Russian spy ‘Eva Azarova’ in an episode of the 'CBS' action police-procedural drama 'NCIS: New Orleans,' titled 'Sister City.' She was also seen in a crossover episode of the original series 'NCIS.'
- She starred as ‘Jennifer’ in the 2016 horror 'Fender Bender.' She was next seen as ‘Rosie’ in the 2017 comedy film 'Cortez.' Cassidy had a recurring role as ‘ADA Audrey Burris’ in the 'CBS' drama 'Doubt.' She will be seen as ‘Amber Gemstone,’ a member of the fictional dysfunctional Gemstone family, in the upcoming 'HBO' comedy–drama 'The Righteous Gemstones.'
- Cassidy, along with her brother Clark and Andy Mitton, owns a band named 'The Real D'Coy.' She is the lead singer and the pianist of the band, while her brother plays the drums. 'The Real D'Coy' has performed at the 'Isle of Wight' festival in England.
- Cassidy's parents are well-known attorneys in the Chicago area. They also own a cattle ranch in Montana.
- Cassidy is an active member of the 'Heal the Bay' charity, an American non-profit organization that helps raise funds for environmental projects and organizes clean-up drives for the West Coast water projects. She also tutors children in Santa Monica under the 'Virginia Avenue Project.'
- Cassidy married her long-time boyfriend, Justin Carpenter, on September 23, 2012, in a private ceremony.
- Cassidy owns a 50-pound Swiss Mountain dog named Shasta.
- She can speak Spanish fluently.
- Apart from acting, singing, and playing the piano, Cassidy enjoys jazz, ballet, modern, and hip-hop dance forms and is a skilled dancer.
- She enjoys various adventure sports, such as water skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, tractor/ATV/standard driving, competitive volleyball, and water polo.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed