Casey Neistat Bio
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Gales Ferry, Connecticut, USA
Famous as: YouTuber, Vlogger
Spouse/Ex-: Candice Pool (m. 2013)
father: Barry Neistat
mother: Amy Neistat
siblings: Dean Neistat, Jordan Neistat (brothers), Van Neistat
U.S. State: Connecticut
education: Ledyard High School
Casey Neistat is a well-known YouTuber and vlogger. His channel ‘CaseyNeistat’ on YouTube has earned more than one billion views up till now, thus making him one of the most famous personalities on the social networking platform. Neistat is also a writer, actor and cinematographer on the HBO series titled ‘The Neistat Brothers’ which also features his brother, Van. Besides this, he has made dozens of commercials and short films. He has worked on the commercials of leading brands like Nike, Google, Mercedes-Benz, and J.Crew, to name a few. Not just this! This ambitious guy is also the co-founder of the multimedia app ‘Beme’. Being highly successful in all his business ventures, Casey Neistat has earned several prestigious awards for himself. He is also known to have a strong fan base on social networking service sites like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. And we also have to mention, he has more than 7 million subscribers on his YouTube channel!
- In February 2010, Casey Neistat created a self-titled channel on YouTube. His first upload was regarding the emergency brake cords on train cars. He then released a 6-minute short film related to the internet site Chatroulette. After this, he released a video criticizing New York City Police Department for ticketing cyclists in the New York City. From March 2015 onward, Neistat began to post vlogs daily. His vlog titled ‘The Vice President, Outer Space & the Baby’ was released in May 2015. The next year, in January 2016, Neistat, along with his fellow mates shot a video on the empty streets of the New York City. This video titled ‘Snowboarding with the NYPD’ depicted Neistat being pulled on a rope on the streets. This 2-minute, 41-second video vent viral and as a result of this, Neistat gained a lot of publicity. Later on, in September 2016, the YouTuber published a vlog regarding his experience in Emirates' first class seat. This video again gained much attention from the public. The journey of vlogs continued and before long his subscriber count sky-rocketed to a few millions. His fan base crossed 7 million by April 2017, thus making him extremely popular on the social networking platform.Recommended Lists:
- Casey Neistat and his brother Van Neistat started working with Tom Sachs in 2001 and made a series of short films. In the year 2003, Neistat gained international exposure for his three-minute film ‘iPod's Dirty Secret’ in which he criticized Apple for not having a suitable battery replacement program for their device. Posted on the web on September 20, 2003, this film gained media attention and ultimately brought notice to Apple's policy regarding iPod battery replacements. The following year, Neistat produced a film series ‘Science Experiments’ that featured a number of short films depicting various experiments. This work became popular and was included in the Creative Time's 59th Minute program. Later on, Casey Neistat, along with his brother Van and mates Tom Scott and Mason Daugherty, produced an eight-episode TV series titled ‘The Neistat Brothers’ which was purchased by HBO in 2008. Apart from the film and television work, Casey Neistat also gained fame for making several high-end commercials for clients such as Google, Samsung, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Finn Jewelry, etc.
- Casey Neistat along with his friend Matt Hackett developed a video sharing app ‘Beme’ and launched its first version, for iOS on July 17, 2015. Designed to enable people to produce unedited 4-sec videos, this app was made to instantly upload and share the videos without the need of getting reviewed. On May 2, 2016, Neistat released the app’s Android version. In November 2016, it was announced that the app will be acquired by CNN for $25 million. On January 31, 2017, the app was shut down.
- Casey Neistat is also a motivational public speaker. He has lectured on several topics related to his career and life experiences. He spoke at a conference conduced in South Carolina on October 15, 2010. The following year, he spoke at the Museum of Modern Art of New York City. In 2011, he also lectured at The Nantucket Project. This 20-minute long lecture was attended by personalities, such as American businessman Eddie Lampert, politician Rahm Emanuel, and Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt. In 2012, Neistat lectured students of TEDx Parker School, Chicago.
- In 2010, Casey Neistat won the ‘John Cassavetes Award’ presented by the Independent Spirit Awards. In 2016, he won the ‘Streamy Awards’ in the categories ‘Best First-Person Series’ and ‘Best Editing’. The same year he also won ‘YouTuber of the Year’ award at the Shorty Awards event. Also, he was honored with ‘New Media Star award’ at the GQ Men of the Year award event.
- Casey Neistat was born on March 25, 1981 in Gales Ferry, Connecticut, to parents Barry Neistat and Amy Neistat. When he was 17, his then-girlfriend named Robin Harris delivered their baby boy, Owen. In 2005, Neistat married Candice Pool. However, the marriage ended with an annulment a month later. In February 2013, the couple became engaged once again and on December 29, got married in South Africa. They have a daughter together.
- In 2016, Casey Neistat announced to his fans that he will no longer upload vlogs on YouTube. Just after four months, he uploaded a video on his channel ‘THE VLOG IS BACK’.
- He has 2.4m fans and 1.19m fans on Instagram and Twitter respectively.
- Neistat’s signature fashion statement is a pair of customized black sunglasses with white spray paint.
- His grandmother was a tap dancer and also the Radio City Music Hall's Rockette during World War II.
Casey Neistat Fans Also Viewed