Bridget Regan Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Bridget Catherine Regan
Born Country: United States
Born in: San Diego County, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Eamon O'Sullivan (m. 2010)
father: Jim Regan
mother: Mary Catherine Regan
children: Frankie Jean
Notable Alumni: University Of North Carolina School Of The Arts
U.S. State: California
City: San Diego, California
education: University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Bridget Regan is an American actress who is best known for her roles of Kahlan Amnell in the ABC series 'Legend of the Seeker' and that of Sasha Cooper in the TNT series 'The Last Ship'. She also had notable recurring roles such as Rebecca Lowe/Rachel Turner in the USA Network series 'White Collar', Dottie Underwood in the ABC series 'Agent Carter', and Rose Solano in The CW series 'Jane the Virgin'. She had major roles in 'The Black Donnellys' and 'Beauty & the Beast', and made guest appearances on several series such as 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent', 'American Experience', 'New Amsterdam', 'NCIS: Los Angeles', 'Perception', 'Sons of Anarchy', and 'Grey's Anatomy'. For years, the comic book community voted her as the ideal choice to portray DC's iconic Amazon warrior, 'Wonder Woman', even though the role eventually went to Gal Gadot.
- After completing her college education, Bridget Regan moved to New York City to pursue acting professionally. In 2006, she acted in the short film 'Blinders' and began appearing on television in the pilot episodes of 'The Wedding Album' and 'Love Monkey'. In 2006-07, she made guest appearances as ADA Claudia Shankly in two episodes of 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent'. She had a recurring role on the drama series 'The Black Donnellys' in 2007, and the same year, had guest roles on 'Six Degrees' and 'American Experience', and acted in the drama film 'The Babysitters' and the telefilm 'Supreme Courtships'. She began 2008 with a guest role in the drama series 'New Amsterdam', followed by roles in the feature film 'Sex and the City' and the telefilm 'The Verdict'. Later that year, she was cast in the breakthrough role of Mother Confessor Kahlan Amnell on the series 'Legend of the Seeker', a television show based on Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' series, which earned her a cult following. She continued to portray the role until the series was cancelled in 2010.
- Bridget Regan became a producer in 2009 with 'Camp Wanatachi', a musical that ran in New York at La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club. In 2010, she acted in the independent film 'The Best and the Brightest'. In the following years, she had guest roles in series such as 'NCIS: Los Angeles', 'Person of Interest', 'Perception', and 'Sons of Anarchy'. She was also cast in the lead role for the proposed television series 'The Frontier' in 2012, but it did not materialize. She had a recurring role as Alex, the ex-fiancée of Vincent Keller, in the first season of the series 'Beauty & the Beast', which created a love triangle with the character of Catherine Chandler. Certain over-zealous fans of the series became so furious at this that they expressed their "rabid" hatred towards Alex by posting abusive messages on Regan's Twitter.
- In 2013-14, she also appeared as Rebecca Lowe/Rachel Turner in the fifth season of the USA Network crime drama 'White Collar'. She had a small role as Addy in the 2014 action-thriller film 'John Wick', and the same year, had the recurring role of Rose, a former lawyer turned criminal mastermind, on the romantic drama series 'Jane the Virgin'. In 2015, she appeared in the recurring role of Dottie on the ABC series 'Agent Carter', acted in HBO's 'Project Greenlight' film 'The Leisure Class', and had a guest role in 'The Good Wife'. From 2016 to 2018, she appeared in the main role of Sasha Cooper on the TNT drama series 'The Last Ship'. She is scheduled to appear in a main role in the upcoming series 'Paradise Lost'.
- Bridget Catherine Regan was born on February 3, 1982 in Carlsbad, a city in the North County region of San Diego County, California, United States, to Jim Regan and Mary Catherine Regan. She has Irish and German ancestry, and was raised as a Catholic. She wanted to be an actor since she was a child and began acting early on in North County productions of 'The Wizard of Oz' at the La Paloma Theatre and 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' in Carlsbad. She attended San Dieguito Academy High School in Encinitas, California and later graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from North Carolina School of the Arts. Her school was very focused on theater, particularly classical theater, which she mastered.
- Bridget Regan met writer and assistant director Eamon O'Sullivan when she was shooting for 'Legend of the Seeker' in New Zealand. They began dating soon after and got married on August 15, 2010. She gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Frankie Jean, in December 2010. In November 2017, she announced that she was expecting their second child. She later gave birth to son Bernard Moon on February 28, 2018.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed