Brianna Hildebrand Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Brianna Caitlin Hildebrand
Born Country: United States
Born in: College Station, Texas, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: Caleb Hildebrand
mother: Veronica Hildebrand
U.S. State: Texas
education: A&M Consolidated High School
Brianna Hildebrand is an American actor, best known for her role as ‘Negasonic Teenage Warhead,’ the comic book character, in the superhero film ‘Deadpool,’ and its sequel, ‘Deadpool2.’ Born and raised in Texas, she enjoyed songwriting and singing since childhood. She claims that music was her first love. After winning a competition organized by the ‘International Models and Talent Association,’ she got a chance to take acting lessons in Los Angeles. Her first performance was as ‘Jen,’ in the acclaimed web series ‘Annie Undocumented.’ It earned her accolades. After working in a few movies such as ‘Prism’ and ‘The Voice Inside,’ Hildebrand was cast in ‘Marvel’s superhero movie ‘Deadpool.’ She thus became the first-ever LGBTQ superhero character portrayed on screen. Her performance earned her an award nomination and more interesting roles, such as those of ‘Sasha’ in the film ‘First Girl I Loved’ and ‘Verity’ in the series ‘The Exorcist.’ Her work in the horror film ‘Tragedy Girls’ won her awards. She has appeared in the 2019 ‘Netflix’ movie ‘Trinkets.’ Hildebrand is open about her sexual preferences. She has been dating set decorator Jonneke Grisham since 2016. Currently, the two live together.
- She was born Brianna Caitlin Hildebrand, on August 14, 1996, in College Station, Texas, to Caleb Hildebrand, a car salesman, and his wife, Veronica Hildebrand. She is of German, English, Irish, and Mexican ethnicity. Reportedly, her family has a religious background. Her grandfather was a Baptist preacher, and her aunt was a pastor.
- During her childhood, Hildebrand was interested in singing and songwriting. According to her, music was her first love. She began writing songs and creating her own music when she got her guitar at 12. She wishes to officially release her music/songs someday. She also enjoyed dancing and attended dance classes. She is skilled in various forms of dance, such as jazz, tap, hip-hop, and club/freestyle.
- Hildebrand studied at the ‘A & M Consolidated High School’ in College Station, Texas. At the age of 16, she participated in a competition organized by the ‘International Models and Talent Association’ (IMTA) in Los Angeles. She won the competition, and the prize included an opportunity to study in Los Angeles. Thus, she relocated to Los Angeles, where she attended acting classes and then auditioned for roles.
- Hildebrand debuted with the role of ‘Jen,’ the best friend of ‘Annie,’ in the 2014 web series ‘Annie Undocumented.’ This highly applauded series by Brian Yang, Daniel Hsia, and Elaine Low was awarded the ‘Best Web Series’ at the 2014 ‘New York TV Festival.’ Her performance in this series brought her fame and critical acclaim.
- Hildebrand made her feature-film debut in 2015, with the role of ‘Julia’ in the movie ‘Prism.’ The movie featured her alongside Christy Carlson Romano. The same year, she portrayed the role of ‘Grace’ in the short movie ‘The Voice Inside.’
- On March 30, 2015, she was offered the role of superhero ‘Negasonic Teenage Warhead’ in ‘Marvel’s superhero film ‘Deadpool.’ The film featured her in the first-ever ‘Marvel’ LGBTQ superhero character ever portrayed. She gives the credit for developing this unique concept to her childhood crush and her co-star in the film, Ryan Reynolds.
- The movie ‘Deadpool’ was filmed in Vancouver and was released in February 2016. Her performance in this movie earned her a nomination for the ‘Teen Choice Award’ for ‘Choice Movie: Breakout Star.’ Later, she reprised the role of ‘Negasonic Teenage Warhead’ in the 2018 sequel, ‘Deadpool 2.’
- While shooting for ‘Deadpool’ in Vancouver, Hildebrand earned the role of ‘Sasha’ in the movie ‘First Girl I Loved.’ In this 2016 film, she worked alongside Dylan Gelula and Mateo Arias and portrayed a lesbian girl. According to her, the role required her to draw on her personal experiences from her school days.
- Hildebrand made her TV debut in 2017, with the horror–drama TV series ‘The Exorcist.’ She got the main role of ‘Verity’ in the second season of series ‘The Exorcist.’ In 2017, she appeared as ‘Sadie Cunningham’ in the horror film ‘Tragedy Girls.’ She won the ‘Best Actress Award’ in the horror/comedy category at the 2017 ‘London Fright Fest’ and also at the ‘Brooklyn Horror Film Festival’ that year.
- Hildebrand’s latest venture is the 2019 ‘Netflix’ film ‘Trinkets,’ in which she plays the role of ‘Elodie.’ It narrates the tale of three girls who meet at a shoplifter’s anonymous meeting. The other two girls are played by Quintessa Swindell and Kiana Madeira.
- She produced the 2015 short ‘The Voice Inside.’
- Hildebrand was open about her sexuality since her school days. According to her, her parents had accepted it, though she did face some difficulties. In a video for a campaigning project (‘It Gets Better’) to support the LGBT community, she disclosed how she had discovered early that she liked both boys and girls. However, she also claimed that it was not frightening for her and that she was glad that she had come out. During the initial stages of her career, her publicist in Los Angeles had offered to cover up her sexual orientation, but she did not find it necessary.
- In 2016, Hildebrand began dating Jonneke Grisham, the set dresser/decorator of the movie ‘First Girl I Loved,’ which featured Hildebrand as a lesbian. The two met on the sets and have now moved in together in their Los Angeles home.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed