Brendan Wallace Biography
Brendan Fitzgerald Wallace is an American tech CEO who has founded several companies and is currently the managing partner of Fifth Wall Ventures, a venture capital fund company. A New York City native, Wallace earned a name for himself early in his career. He studied Political Science and Economics from Princeton University before working for Goldman Sachs as an analyst. He moved to private equity and real estate at The Blackstone Group in 2006. In 2008, he was selected under the Arbuckle leadership fellow program and went on to pursue an MBA from Stanford University. After graduating from Stanford, Wallace founded several successful companies: Cabify, Otter Rock Capital, and Identified. He continues to hold an influential role in these companies. In 2016, co-founded Fifth Wall Ventures and remains the manager partner. His success has led him to invest in many more companies and being a part of the Board of Directors for other businesses. He was recently in the news when the paparazzi spotted him with actress, Emma Watson, in Mexico. He currently lives in Los Angeles and maintains a very private life.
- Brendan Wallace earned his B.A. in Political Science and Economics from Princeton University, where he was an Ivy Club member, in 2004. His academic achievements including winning the Shapiro Prize for academic excellence and the John G. Buchanan Prize. His senior thesis focused on the economics and politics of urban and inner-city development. After graduating, he worked as an analyst at Goldman Sachs from 2004 to 2006. He then moved to The Blackstone Group and handled real estate private equity from 2006 to 2008. Brendan decided to pursue his MBA from Stanford University under the Arbuckle leadership fellow program and graduated in 2010. In 2011, he founded Cabify, which was touted to be the largest ridesharing service in Latin America. The company currently runs out of Spain and Wallace remains an advising CEO.
- In 2013, Wallace founded Otter Rock Capital in Greater Los Angeles Area. He continues to work in a leadership role in the company. During his career at various companies, he co-founded the company Identified and remained the Chief Executive Officer until the company was acquired by Workday in 2016. His next profile involved working as an advisor at ‘Workday’ during the acquisition and transition of his company ‘Identified’ from 2014 to 2015. He switched to Valor Equity Partners in the same role and moved to Greater Chicago Area. He worked at Valor from 2015 to 2016. Around the same time, he was made a part of the Board of Directors at States Title. He continues to hold this position today.
- In 2016, he co-founded Fifth Wall Ventures, a venture capital fund. He currently is the managing partner at Fifth Wall Ventures. It boasts over $265 million under its asset under management and operates in over 85 countries. Fifth Wall primarily invests in start-up solutions aimed at the real estate industry. His expertise has allowed him to work as an advisor and remain in the Board of Directors of many companies, including InteriorDefine, AirEnvy, Kichit, and ArtStar.
- Over the course of many years, Wallace has penned many articles in several reputed publications including the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Bloomberg. He has also been at the front of various interviews for CNBC and TechCrunch.
- He came to limelight in 2018 after being spotted with the Harry Potter actress, Emma Watson, in Mexico. The duo was on vacation and were enjoying a quiet lunch. Despite being a regular part of social media, Brendan tends to lead a reserved life. He reserves his tweets to about business and any new technologies related to his interests. His Instagram account is private.
- Brendan Wallace was born in 1983 in New York, USA. He hasn’t revealed any information about his childhood or parents. It is rumored that he is currently in a relationship with the actress Emma Watson. The couple was spotted lunching in Mexico and sharing some intimate moments. In his spare time, Brendan loves indulging in adventurous activities. He is an avid mountaineer and his other interests include skiing and kiteboarding. He also has a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed