Sun Sign: Libra
Born Country: Switzerland
Born in: Scherzingen
Famous as: Actor
father: Erol Arduç
mother: Gülay Arduç
siblings: Mert Arduç, Onur Arduç
education: Erciyes University
Barış Arduç is a Swiss-born Albanian actor who is best known for his breakthrough role of Ömer İplikçi in the Star TV series 'Kiralık Aşk' (Love for Rent), for which he won two 'Golden Butterfly TV Awards'. He began acting professionally after meeting with theater actress, Ayla Algan, and began appearing in a number of supporting roles in series such as 'Küçük Hanımefendi', 'Dinle Sevgili', 'Pis Yedili', and 'Benim İçin Üzülme'. He gained a foothold in the industry with his recurring role of Selim Bayraktar in the series 'Bugünün Saraylısı' and gained popularity for appearing opposite Gupse Özay in the comedy film 'Deliha'. His other acting credits include the television series 'Racon: Ailem İçin' and the films 'Sadece Sen' and 'Mutluluk Zamanı'. He is also a well-known philanthropist who closely works with various charitable organizations, especially the Cancer-free Life Society. He serves as the Goodwill Ambassador of the organization and has collaborated with it in several projects including the 'Sportsman Angels' project, the 3rd Traditional 'Shopping Lives' ceremony and 'Social Change Projects'. He has worked with the Haçiko (Protection of Animals from Despair and Disinterest) Association and the Educational Volunteers Foundation of Turkey (TEGV) as well.
- Barış Arduç was born on October 9, 1987, in Scherzingen, Switzerland to real estate agents Gülay and Erol Arduç. He is the second of his parents' three sons and has two brothers named Onur and Mert.Both his parents are of Albanian descent, with his father's family originating from Fatsa and his mother's family originating from Artvin. While his early childhood was spent in Switzerland, his family moved back to Turkey when he was eight years old.He initially attended school in Sakarya and later in Gölcük, but after the district was damaged by the 1999 İzmit earthquake, his family was forced to move to Bolu where he completed middle school. After he completed his first year at high school, his family relocated to Istanbul, where he completed his school education.An active sportsman who participated in volleyball, football, basketball, swimming, diving, and handball, he earned a scholarship to the Sports Academy of Erciyes University in Kayseri. However, he failed to adapt to the college environment there and returned to Istanbul to join the Turkey Underwater Sports Federation.While he liked sports, he did not want to be a professional sportsman and worked as a lifeguard in Şile for 8 years. During this time, he became interested in acting after meeting Turkish stage and film actress, Ayla Algan, who encouraged him to take theatre training at Sadri Alışık Theater.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- In 2011, Barış Arduç began his professional acting career with a supporting role in the television series 'Küçük Hanımefendi'. The same year, he also bagged small roles in two more TV series, 'Dinle Sevgili' and 'Pis Yedili'.He gained popularity for appearing as sports enthusiast and Trabzonspor hopeful Ahmet Avcıoğlu in the 2012 ATV series 'Benim İçin Üzülme', which was directed by Mahsun Kırmızıgül and Serkan Birinci. His character, which died quickly in the series, had won many hearts and had received a banner on Trabzonspor's tribunes in his memory.In 2013, he bagged the recurring role of businessman Selim Bayraktar in the series 'Bugünün Saraylısı', which was based on the work of Turkish writer Refik Halid Karay and was directed by Kudret Sabancı. Since his first appearance in the fifth episode of the series, he continued to work on the show till episode 5 of season 2, which was cancelled midway due to low ratings.He made his film debut in 2014 with the Turkish drama movie 'Sadece Sen', directed by Hakan Yonat. However, he merely had a small role to play, and his character Emin only appears on the final scene of the movie.In November 2014, he appeared in his second film, 'Deliha', directed by Hakan Algül, in which he starred alongside Gupse Özay, Cihan Ercan, and Zeynep Çamcı. In the film, he played the role of handsome photographer Şirinceli Cemil, one of the major characters, who was after Zeliha.In 2015, he had bagged the lead role of Tekin Atan, the adopted son and confidant of Kenan Korhan, the character portrayed by his co-star Mehmet Aslantuğ, in the ATV series 'Racon: Ailem İçin'. However, the series was cancelled only four episodes into the first season due to low ratings.He got another lead role in 2015 in the Star TV series 'Kiralık Aşk' (Love for Rent) opposite Elçin Sangu and played Ömer İplikçi, a young and successful shoe designer and business man. The series, which ran successfully for two seasons till 2017, became very popular in the Middle East and earned several prestigious awards and accolades.In 2017, he teamed up with his 'Kiralık Aşk' co-star Elçin Sangu in the film 'Mutluluk Zamani' (Time of Happiness), in which he portrays the lead character of Mert.Recommended Lists:
- Barış Arduç has been involved in a number of philanthropic initiatives and social projects throughout his career. He joined a group of celebrities on September 19, 2015 to sponsor the project 'Sportsman Angels' in Istanbul, which was organized by Cancer-free Life Society.In December 2015, he was one of the celebrities to appear on the photoshoot for the 2016 calendar of the Haçiko Association, which is an organization that protects animals. He posed for the calendar with his pet to spread the message that "Having an animal is equivalent to having a child. Do not do anything to them that you cannot do to your children."He was one of the artists who appeared at the charity gala celebrating the 20th anniversary of Educational Volunteers Foundation of Turkey on December 20, 2015. He performed the song 'Nayino' for children during the three-and-a-half-hour long event that raised funds for the education of 80,000 children.He again collaborated with the Cancer-free Life Society for the 3rd Traditional 'Shopping Lives' ceremony on March 29, 2016, during which celebrities like him talked and played with children suffering from cancer. The event sought to raise money for the 'Social Change Projects' which aimed to provide better treatment and quality of life to children with cancer.At the same event, he presented his design 'Peace Pill' at the Şişli Children's Hospital to contribute to the planned renovation of the oncology section for treating children with cancer. On 20th May, he was announced as a 'Goodwill Ambassador' for the Cancer-free Life Society at a press conference..Personal Life & Legacy
- Barış Arduç, who met successful comedy actress, Gupse Özay, on the sets of their film 'Deliha', began dating her soon after and the couple has been together for four years now. Even though tabloids began spreading separation rumors after he spent a month without her in Thailand for a sports engagement, according to recent news, they went on a romantic vacation in July 2018.Trivia
- In October 2015, Barış Arduç became the face of Derimod in its advertising campaign 'Derimod on My Feet'. The ad campaign, directed by Ömer Faruk Sorak, appeared all over the internet, magazines, on television, and billboards.
How To CiteArticle Title- Barıs Arduc BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/bars-arduc-42513.phpLast Updated- October 12, 2018
People Also Viewed