Barbara Palvin Biography
This doe-eyed brunette started off early and soon attracted fame and attention from the who’s who of the fashion industry as a young teenager. Through her style and photogenic-killer looks, Barbara Palvin grabbed eyeballs of major fashion houses. This Budapest-born babe is, indeed, one of the hottest models in the world, who has done catwalk shows for numerous fashion brands and has appeared on various international magazine covers. She was declared as the youngest and newest muse of L’Oreal Paris at the age of 19 years, thus joining the L’Oreal Paris family with celebrities Gwen Stefani and Claudia Schiffer. Through her fascinating personality and great sense of humor, she infused freshness and elegance, thereby being considered a promising supermodel with incredible potential to reach the sky. She became a Victoria’s Secret Angel in 2012, thanks to her sublime beauty and perfect body. In a short span of time, she made a name for herself in the fashion industry and is deemed to be one of the youngest supermodels in recent times. Apart from gaining attention for working as a fashion and lingerie model, this Hungarian stunner was also in the media news for having a rumored brief fling with distinguished pop star, Justin Bieber, and being the reason behind the latter’s split with Selena Gomez.
- Barbara Palvin was born on October 8, 1993 in Budapest, Hungary. She enjoyed playing soccer and singing as a child.
- She was spotted while walking down a street with her mother in Budapest, in 2006. She was only 13 then. Largely influenced by the chic heroin look of Kate Moss during the 1990s, she agreed to take up modeling.
- In 2006, she did a photo shoot for her first editorial for Spur magazine.
- She moved to Asia, Japan in particular, where she tasted quick success in modeling. But, she returned to the European market to establish herself.
- She started featuring in popular fashion magazines rapidly, with a cover page appearance in French L’Officiel, in February 2010, followed by Russian L’Officiel and Jalouse in March and April, respectively.
- She debuted on the runway at Autumn/Winter Milan Fashion Week in February 2010, walking for the elite brand, Prada.
- In 2012, she was selected as a Victoria’s Secret Angel at the age of 19 and modeled at the lingerie brand’s fashion show.
- She made a stunning appearance as one of the spokesmodels of L’Oreal Paris at the 2013 Golden Globes Awards.
- She became the new face of Gas jeans for its Fall 2013 campaign.
- She featured on the Victoria’s Secret Swim 2013 Catalogue, which unveiled its latest collection of lingerie and swimwear.
- She appeared on the cover page in the November 2014 issue of Malibu Magazine, in a retro glam look tracing back to the 1970s era.
- She made her acting debut in the film ‘Hercules’, which released in 2014.
- She appeared on the magazine covers of Elle Brazil and Vogue Portugal, in the January 2015 edition.
- She has modeled for some of the biggest fashion houses, which include Jeremy Scott, Armani Exchange, H&M, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Emanuel Ungaro, Julien MacDonald, Miu Miu, Vivienne Westwood, Pull and Bear, and Christopher Kane.
- She has graced the cover pages of world-famous magazines, such as Elle France, Jalouse Magazine, Glamour Hungary, Harper’s Bazaar Korea, Harper’s Bazaar Spain, French Revue de Modes, and Vogue Russia.
- She has modeled for a variety of editorials, some being Real Muse, Harper’s Bazaar US, French Vogue, W, Numero, Teen Vogue, Telva Magazine, L’Officiel Paris, Cosmopolitan, and British Vogue.
- Besides her mother agency, IMG Models, she has worked with other fashion agencies also, like MG London, IMG Paris, Uno Models (Barcelona), Bon Image Corp. (Tokyo), Ace Models (Athens), and Tempo Models (Vienna).
- She gained worldwide fame when she graced the runway at Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, as a calendar girl with the famous Angels’ wings, in 2012.
- She is the latest muse of the cosmetic range ‘L’Oreal Paris’. She is the face of its Rouge Caresse lipstick range and Miss Candy cosmetic collection.
- She was ranked at number 40 in the list of ‘Top 50 Models Women’ published by models.com.
- In 2013, models.com ranked her at number 23 on the list of ‘Money Girls’.
- She is in a romantic relationship with Hungarian Kristof Somfai.
- She was rumored to be dating Canadian pop star Justin Beiber for a brief period, after the latter’s break up with Selena Gomez. However, the rumors were sidelined when Beiber was spotted back with Gomez after few weeks.
- While her first language is Hungarian, she is able to speak English and French fluently.
- She is often compared with the resembling looks of Russian model Natalia Vodianova and American actress Brooke Shields.
- She was nicknamed ‘Barbie’ by fashion photographers due to her young age and petite size.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed