Ayesha Rascoe Biography
Ayesha Rascoe is an American journalist who currently works as a White House reporter for NPR. Prior to joining NPR, she used to cover news from the White House for Reuters, reporting events from the then-President Barack Obama's final year in office and the initial weeks of the Trump administration. Also a freelance writer, Rascoe writes for numerous high-end magazines and aspires to launch one under her own name, targeting young African-American women. Till date, the articulate journalist has participated in several debates related to national and international issues. A successful and popular media and communication professional, Rascoe inspires millions of black women to come forward and pursue their dreams. A former student of Howard University, the African-American journalist feels strongly about racial and feminist issues. She is a big fan of the singer Beyoncé and loves listening to her songs and attending her concerts. Rascoe currently is active on Twitter and has a few thousands followers there.
- Upon graduation, Ayesha Rascoe joined the team of Reuters Professional News as an energy reporter, covering news on energy and environmental policy. In this capacity, she reported on the disastrous BP oil spill in 2010. She also wrote articles on environmental law and energy-related issues. Rascoe spent about a year covering legal concerns and court cases in energy-related fields.
- During her time at Reuters, she was also an intern in New York and Washington and chronicled the then-President Obama's concluding year in office and the commencement of the Trump administration.
- In January 2016, Rascoe started working as the White House correspondent for Reuters. In June 2017, she appeared on C-Span.org TV network along with Paul Singer to discuss Donald Trump’s reaction to the London Bridge terrorist attacks. In April 2018, the journalist became the White House reporter for NPR.
- Ayesha Rascoe is also recognized for publishing several high profile environmental stories for ‘The Wire.’ In addition, she has written articles for a wide array of prominent magazines and publications, including ‘The Independent,’ ‘Huffington Post,’ and ‘POLITICO,’ to name a few.
- Ayesha Rascoe was born in 1986 to Robert Rascoe and Phyllis Thorpe Jones. As a young girl, she discovered her passion for writing after reading hip hop magazines. She realized that she was interested in journalism after taking an aptitude test in her high school. She attended Howard University and graduated in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in print journalism. She chose the institution for racial reasons as well as for its reputation. During her time there, she served as an editor of her college magazine named ‘Hilltop.’
- In 2005, Rascoe was one of the thirty students to be selected for admission at the New York Times Student Journalism Institute. She has attended the ‘Law for Journalists’ seminar at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
- Coming to her love life, she got married to Patrick Maurice Trice, a former student of University of Maryland, on June 15, 2012, at The Villa in Beltsville, Maryland. The couple has two kids.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed