Ayesha Curry Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Ayesha Disa Curry
Born Country: Canada
Born in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Famous as: Celebrity Chef & Cookbook Author
Spouse/Ex-: Stephen Curry
mother: Carol Alexander
siblings: Chad Alexander, Janiece Alexander, Jaz Alexander, Maria Alexander
children: Riley Curry, Ryan Carson Curry
City: Toronto, Canada
education: Major in Economics
Ayesha Alexander Curry is a Canadian-American celebrity chef, cookbook author, model, actress and a vlogger. Her culinary journey started in the year 2014 with her YouTube channel ‘Little Lights of Mine’. Ayesha is building an empire by posting recipes for her innumerable social network followers all over the world. She has recently published a cook book “The Seasoned Life” which has achieved rave reviews. She is a gifted actor and has amassed accolades for her acting skills. Recently, she has become a presenter of cooking and lifestyle tips. She also shares parenting tips in her YouTube channel and on her Food Network show ‘Ayesha’s Homemade’. The show is a compilation of her cooking segments and glimpses of her life as the spouse of Stephen Curry (NBA player) and the proud mother of two adorable daughters. She constantly endeavors to bring positive vibes to her subscribers through her vlogs.
- Ayesha Curry started her career as a model and actress in California. Her first music video was with Suga Prince titled “Too young for love”. She acted in a number of television series like Hannah Montana ,The Little Ghost, Whittaker Bay to name a few. Presently, she is an extremely successful celebrity chef. Ayesha is acutely passionate about food. Her career as a chef commenced in the year 2014 and there was no looking back after that. She was a guest collaborator with Chef Michael Mina in the latter’s ‘Test Kitchen’ series where the two food appreciators delved into the many facets and flavors of barbecue.
- Ayesha Curry has recently come up with a cook book “The Seasoned Life: Food, Family, Faith and The Joy of Eating Well”. The book embodies every aspect of the flavors she cooks with and is representative of the cultures she grew up with. The channel Food Network has enlisted Ayesha to host a six-episode series shot at her abode along with a few cameos by her husband and children.
- Ayesha Curry started her YouTube channel ‘Little Lights of Mine’ in 2014 and describes the venture as her thanksgiving to the people places and things that brought light into her life. Curry showcases her culinary skill in her YouTube channel and it’s a brilliant opportunity for her fans to grab her cooking acumen. These videos are a good opportunity for her fans to get an insight into Curry’s cooking habits. Curry’s company named “Little Lights of Mine” produces and markets extra virgin olive oil. Curry, being a philanthropist donates 10% of the brand’s profit to a charitable organization named “No Kid Hungry”. She also appeared in Huffington Post live where she was in collaboration with T J MAXX (a fashion store). She had the honor to be a partner with them as one of their Maxximizers. Curry is an active participant in different food festivals worldwide.
- When one reaches the celebrity status controversies are bound to surround them and Curry is no exception. As Game 6 between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers (teams in NBA) came to a close, she voiced her displeasure as she felt that her husband Stephen Curry and his teammates were treated unfairly. She said that the NBA is rigged for money. This comment didn’t go down very well, and she was criticized for it. But later she regretted the step she had taken and her apologies seemed evident when she deleted the tweet minutes after sharing it with her followers.
- Ayesha Curry was born on March 23, 1989 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Curry’s parents are multiracial. Her mother, Carol Alexander, belongs to African /Chinese/Jamaican lineage and her father is from a Polish/African/American background. Ayesha has four siblings. She spent most of her childhood in Toronto. Later her family moved to Charlotte, a city in North Carolina.
- In 2011, she married Stephen Curry who is an American professional basketball player and plays for Golden State Warriors. The couple is blessed with two adorable girls Riley Curry and Ryan Curry. They have a wonderful abode in Walnut Creek, (it’s a city in Contra Costa county) California. She is a successful food vlogger and has over 61,000 followers in twitter and over 5, 21,000 followers on Instagram. Curry is a stern believer of quality over quantity and it clearly reflects in her work.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed