Ava Dash Biography
Ava Dash is an American philanthropist and author. Her father, Damon Dash, is an actor, music producer, and entrepreneur. Her mother, Rachel Roy, is a fashion designer. Ava was a teenager when she began working as a philanthropist. Inspired by her trips since her childhood, Ava decided to join 'The Teen Project,' a charity for children and women. She has collaborated with many lifestyle brands to offer furnished and decorated foster homes to underprivileged women. Ava has also worked with the charitable venture 'Covenant House.' She has mentored at 'Step Up.' Currently pursuing college in Los Angeles, Ava has co-authored a book with her mother. She has also been featured on the cover of the book.
- Ava was just 15 when she began her career as a philanthropist. The then-tenth grader collaborated with the charitable organization 'The Teen Project' and the American footwear company 'Ugg' to create foster-care spaces for eight women. Other companies, such as 'Echo,' 'Tempaper,' 'Handy.com,' and 'Z Gallerie,' also contributed to the noble cause.
- Ava was always fond of home décor and designing. She has been traveling to places with her mother since she was a child. She met a few homeless and abandoned girls while she was on a trip to Africa and India. Ava was touched to meet those girls and began thinking of ways to uplift their lives. She also met a few artisans who were supported by her mother's philanthropic venture, 'Kindness Is Always Fashionable.' All of Rachel’s humanitarian efforts, whether for her own brand or for organizations such as the 'World Food Programme,' had a significant impact on Ava. She soon realized the importance of such benevolent acts.
- By the time Ava moved back to Los Angeles, she had gained a lot of experience in charitable activities. She decided to utilize those experiences to help society. Ava was introduced to Lauri Burns, the founder of 'The Teen Project,' and was moved by her life story. Ava then collaborated with 'The Teen Project' to contribute to the lives of young girls with impoverished lives.
- Ava started by providing a beautiful and cozy place for the girls to stay in. She used her interior-designing skills extensively to support the cause. 'Ugg' had been her favorite footwear brand for a long time. Thus, she decided to rope the brand in. Ava’s efforts provided hundreds of boots for the young volunteers of 'The Teen Project,' which fueled their motivation.
- She used 'Ugg' blankets, area rugs, and seating to revamp four rooms for eight women under the 'The Teen Project.' 'Echo' and 'Z Gallerie' provided the bedding and the furniture, respectively. ‘Handy.com’ helped with the wallpapering of the space. Ava also reached out to a few of her friends, such as 'Disney' star Peyton List and 'Teen Wolf' actor Cody Saintgnue, to contribute to the charity.
- In December 2015, Ava teamed up with 'Tempaper,' a self-adhesive, removable wallpaper brand, to raise money and awareness for 'The Teen Project.' She had then also been working for 'Covenant House,' the largest privately funded agency in the two American continents that provides food, shelter, health care, and other essential services to homeless youth. Additionally, Ava has also worked with organizations such as 'World of Children' and the 'Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation' and has contributed a lot to uplift the lives of several victims of sex trafficking in India.
- In 2019, Ava released her debut book, '96 Words for Love.' She has co-written the book with her mother. The book presents the story of Indian mythological characters ‘Shakuntala’ and ‘Dushyanta’ in a modern setting.
- The book also includes a number of ways to say “love” in Sanskrit. Ava features on the cover of the book that represents the protagonist, ‘Raya.’
- With her first literary venture, Ava endeavors to help underprivileged children in India. She has teamed up with the global funding program 'World of Children' for this cause.
- Ava was initially not interested in authoring a book. Her mother put forward the idea of '96 Words for Love' to Ava, and that thrilled her. They immediately began working on the book. Rachel would type what Ava dictated. Ava had a different angle to launch the book. While researching for the book, Ava visited India, where she met some girls who she thought could be benefitted by the book.
- Ava wishes to find an organization that helps underprivileged Indian girls by providing critical resources to educate and empower them.
- Ava was born on December 7, 1999, to entrepreneur, music producer, and actor Damon Dash and fashion designer Rachel Irene Roy. She has a younger sister named Tallulah Ruth Dash, who was born in May 2008. Ava is of African–American descent from her father's side. Her American-born mother is of Indian and Dutch ethnicity.
- Ava was born 6 years before her parents’ marriage. She currently attends college in Los Angeles.
- Ava's parents got married somewhere around 2004 or 2005. Her mother filed for a divorce in 2009. Later, in 2015, her mother won the sole physical custody of both her daughters.
- Ava's father once blocked her on 'Instagram,' as he suspected her mother had been using Ava's account in disguise.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed