Arin Hanson Biography
Nick Name: Egoraptor
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
Famous as: Internet Personality
Spouse/Ex-: Suzanne ‘Suzy’ Berhow
father: Lloyd Hanson
mother: Maurette Hanson
U.S. State: Florida
City: West Palm Beach, Florida
Arin Hanson is an American YouTube personality well-known by his pseudonym Egoraptor. He is a talented animator, cartoonist, voice actor, rapper, gamer, song writer and comedian. Arin is famous for his animated web series ‘The Awesome Series’ first aired on Newgrounds and later he started to upload them on his YouTube channel ‘Egoraptor’. In this series he parodies different types of video games like Poke’mon, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear with the help of self-created flash cartoons. He is the co-creator of the very popular YouTube web series ‘Game Grumps’ where he as one of the hosts plays a video game with his commentary sharing his experiences and opinions about the game chosen. In his YouTube channel, he also uploads animated music videos and profoundly popular Sequelitis animated video series where he humorously, critically and passionately analyses and discusses the intricacies of video games and their sequels. Arin has also participated in sketch comedy and he has collaborated with other animators like Chris O’Neil, Ross O’Donovan and Rodrigo Huerta for many animation ventures and projects. He has provided rapping vocals for the Starbomb American musical- comedy group whose songs are all about video game parodies.
- Arin Joseph Hanson was born on January 6th, 1987 in West Palm Beach, Florida, USA to Lloyd Hanson and Maurette Hanson. He has an older brother named Nate and he is an aviator.
- Arin’s father, Llyod ‘Paparaptor’ Hanson, is a musician who knows to play accordion guitar (Blues) and key-board. He has his own website ‘OldFartsWithGuitars.com’where he occasionally writes about his life as a musician and members of Hanson family. Arin made two Flash Films as gifts for his father’s birthday ‘Happy Birthday Dad!’ and ‘It’s Dad’s Birthday Again!’
- Hanson’s mother Maurette runs the charitable Healing Horse Therapy Centre which uses equine-assisted techniques to heal people who have suffered mental, emotional and physical traumas especially for survivors of military sexual trauma, war veterans and special needs person. This centre is mainly for those seeking a safe and nurturing environment to heal their mind and soul.
- Arin mentions his mother several times in his Game Grumps videos when referring to his childhood. The Game Grumps hosted the Horsey Give Grumps charity live stream to raise money for the charitable organization.
- Arin went to Wellington High School for two years but couldn’t complete his education as the school authorities refused to let him continue his education on grounds that he had moved. Later, his mother supported him to pursue his voice acting career over his education and he moved to Los Angeles.
- Arin after joining Newgrounds on 16th September, 2001 started making various animated short films for their website using the name ‘Egoraptor’. These films parodying video games gained the website immense popularity due to his animation skills punched with sense of humour and satire.
- His first Awesome series video ‘Metal Gear Awesome’ was posted on 23rd February, 2006. The video was a parody mocking the several plot holes in the PlayStation video game Metal Gear Solid and also showed the player reactions.
- Later, he started to upload his Awesome series on his YouTube channel from 30th May, 2008. Some of his viral uploads are Poke Awesome, Awesome Gaiden and Awesome Chaotix.
- Hanson’s Awesome series got recognition from MTV and they proposed to produce and host his animated short films of the series style on their The G-Hole internet gaming show and he created shorts for three episodes for them.
- Arin collaborated with Joshua ‘Tomamoto’ Tomar and created the comedic web animation series ‘Girlchan in Paradise’ whose first episode received 2,581,890 views as of 2017. It’s a flash animated parody of Japanese anime.
- He is the host (animated), director, producer and writer of the web series Sequelitis where he discusses different games with their sequels. Some of the popular videos of this series are Mega Man Classic VS Mega Man X, Castlevania Vc Castelvania 2: Simon’s Quest and The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past Vs Ocarnia of Time.
- Hanson is the creator of the Lemon n’ Bill animated comedic game video series which is very popular on machinima.com and his YouTube channel. This showcases an anthropoid lemon and bullet having funny conversations relating to video games.
- Hanson has more than 2 million subscribers to his Egoraptor channel.
- Apart from being an adept animator, Hanson is also a versatile voice actor. He has lent his voice in many films like Press Start (Forest Guardian), Press Start 2 Continue (MugWug), Sonic animation (E 100 Battle Droid), Cyborg Assasin: Legend of the Space Ninja (Priest) and as the narrator’s voice in a video game music documentary The Player’s Score.
- Hanson has provided voice overs for TV series like Fox ADHD (as Gardener), Rick & Morty Sitcom (wedding singer/ Cyborgs). At present, he is one of the voice actors of the Cartoon Network series Mighty Magiswords where he plays the role of Gateaux, Delivery Man and many additional voices.
- Arin has featured on many web-series like Scare PewDiePie, Demo Reel, Hot Pepper Gaming and Good Mythical Morning. He has done voice acting for web series like Awesome, Lemon n’ Bill, Space Ninja, Sequeltis and Game Gumps.
- He has given his voice in many Video games since 2009, as John Gore in Minigore, Officer Spike in Target Acquired and The Bomb in Accounting. Lately, he is one of the voice actors for the Hex Heroes game for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Wii U.
- Hanson formed a musical group Starbombs with musicians and comedians, Leigh Daniel Avidan, and Brian Wecht (Ninja Sex Party members) and released their self-titled album in 2013 followed by the second album Player Select in 2014 which reached number one position on US Comedy Albums US Billboard charts. Arin collaborated with other animators Ricepirate, Stamper and Marc M. fora song Fat Refunds which was released on the channel Stamper TV in 2014.
- Arin with partner Maxine Hupy (professional dancer) won in the third season of Dance Showdown (dance competition webseries).
- Arin is the creator, co-host and theme music composer of the YouTube show ‘Game Grumps’ Let’s Play web-series (created on 2012) and at present it has more than 3.9 million subscribers. Game Grumps performed live shows to packed house in Hollywood Improv comedy club.
- He is the mastermind behind similar web series like Steam Train, Steam Rolled and Grumpcade.
- He is one of the hosts of the popular Doodle Doods animation web series where the hosts create quick drawings based on prompts given by other hosts and then reveal it to each other and the audience.
- Arin married Suzanne ‘Suzy’ Berhow in October 2013 and they stay at Glenedale, California. Suzy has modelled for two years and known for her YouTube channels.
- She hosts the KittyKatGaming channel affiliated to Game Grumps and also animates with her husband. Suzy is a co-host of the Game Grumps spin off Steam Train, Hunting Monsters and Table Flip web-series.
- Hanson’s estimated net-worth is $ .6 million as of 2016.
- His favourite movie is Cat Goes to the Vet.
- Hanson performed as a storyboard artist on the web comic show Axe Cop.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed