Arielle Kebbel Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Arielle Caroline Kebbel
Born in: Winter Park, Florida, United States
Famous as: Actress
mother: Sheri Kebbel
siblings: Christian Kebbel, Julia Kebbel
U.S. State: Florida
Arielle Kebbel is an American model and actress known for her work in popular TV shows, such as 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'Ballers'. She has acted in several films as well, including ‘John Tucker Must Die’. Born in Winter Park, Florida, Kebbel initially used to work as a model. She made her acting debut with a guest role in the popular TV series 'Crime Scene Investigation'. Her first significant role was in the comedy drama TV series 'Gilmore Girls'. Kebbel is also known for her recurring role in the popular TV series 'The Vampire Diaries' which was about a teenage girl who falls in love with a much older vampire. She played a main role in the drama series 'Life Unexpected'. The series revolved around a teenage girl who was given up at birth, but finds her biological parents after many years. She has played several important roles on the big screen as well. She portrayed main roles in the comedy film 'The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best' and the teen romantic comedy 'John Tucker Must Die'.
- Arielle Caroline Kebbel was born on 19th February 1985 in Winter Park, Florida, United States. She has German ancestry from her father’s side and is of German-English descent from her mother’s side.
- She graduated from Crenshaw School, after which she started working as a model. She has appeared in well-known publications such as ‘Maxim’ and ‘Men’s’. Later she moved to California in order to pursue a career in acting.
- Shortly after moving to California, Arielle Kebbel appeared in guest roles in the TV shows 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' and 'Judging Amy'. Her first major role was in the comedy drama series 'Gilmore Girls'. The series revolved around the relationship between a mother and her daughter.
- She made her film debut in 2004 with a supporting role in the comedy film 'Soul Plane'. It was directed by Jessy Terrero. The film was a commercial failure and was met with negative reviews. The next year she played a supporting role in the comedy film 'The Kid & I'.
- In 2005, she appeared in the horror film 'Reeker' which was written and directed by Dave Payne. It was about a group of young adults who come across a horrific creature while being stranded on a deserted oasis. The film received mixed reviews. She was also seen in a main role in the film 'American Pie Presents: Band Camp'.
- In 2006, she played an important role in the adventure film 'Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy'. Her popularity increased further after she played one of the main roles in 'The Grudge 2’, an American horror film directed by Takashi Shimizu. Though the film did well commercially, it received harsh reviews from critics.
- She then played a main role in the romantic comedy 'John Tucker Must Die'. The film was a commercial success and was met with mixed reviews. She was next seen in movies, such as 'Aquamarine' (2006), Forever Strong '(2008), and 'The Uninvited' (2009).
- Her fame increased manifold after she started playing a recurring role in the popular supernatural TV series 'The Vampire Diaries'. It was based on a book series of the same name. The series was set in a fictional town and revolved around the relationship between a teenage girl and a much older vampire.
- In 2010, she played a main role in the drama TV series 'Life Unexpected'. She also played an important role in the movie 'Vampires Suck'.
- Some other films she has appeared in are 'Answer This!' (2011), 'The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best (2011), ' Mardi Gras: Spring Break' (2012) and 'Think Like a Man' (2012). From 2011 to 2013, she played a recurring role in the TV series '90210'.
- In 2015, she played a main role in the TV series 'Ballers'. Her most recent work on TV is her role in the supernatural drama series 'Midnight, Texas'.
- ‘John Tucker Must Die’ an American teen romantic comedy film, is one of the most important works in Arielle Kebbel’s career. Directed by Betty Thomas, the film revolved around three girls who come to know that a guy named John Tucker had been dating all of them at the same time. Therefore, they plan revenge. The film was a commercial success and was met with mixed reviews.
- Kebbel played one of the main roles in the 2006 horror film ‘The Grudge 2’. Directed by Takashi Shimizu, the film had multiple storylines, and the stories are told through a non-linear sequence of events. It was a commercial success, grossing $70 million on a $20 million budget. However, the film was met with mostly negative reviews from critics.
- The young actress also earned popularity for her role in the supernatural drama TV series ‘The Vampire Diaries’. The series told the story of a teenage girl, who after losing her parents, meets and falls in love with a 162-year-old vampire. The series became a major hit and won several accolades as well. It was met with mixed reviews from critics.
- Arielle Kebbel was nominated for a ‘Teen Choice Award’ for her role in the horror movie ‘The Grudge 2’.
- In 2008, she was ranked at the 54th position on the Croatian FHM Magazine’s ‘100 sexiest woman in the world’ list.
- In 2009, she was ranked at the 48th position in the Maxim Magazine’s Hot 100 list.
- Arielle Kebbel is currently dating Aaron Bay-Schuck. In the past she had been involved with Brahman Turner (2006- 07) and Kevin Connolly (2010).
- She is involved with a charitable organization named ‘ReachBack LA’.
Arielle Kebbel Movies
1. Forever Strong (2008)
2. Think Like a Man (2012)
3. The Uninvited (2009)
(Drama, Horror, Mystery, Thriller)
4. I Melt with You (2011)
5. Dirty Deeds (2005)
6. John Tucker Must Die (2006)
7. Be Cool (2005)
(Crime, Comedy, Music)
8. The Kid & I (2005)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed