Anne Dudek Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Anne Louise Dudek
Born in: Boston, Massachusetts
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Matthew Heller (m. 2008)
children: Akiva Heller, Saskia Heller
U.S. State: Massachusetts
education: Newton North High School and attended Northwestern Universit
Anne Dudek is an American actress best known for playing Tiffany Wilson in the 2004 comedy movie ‘White Chicks’. She is also popular for her television roles as Dr. Amber Volakis in Fox’s sitcom ‘House’, Danielle Brookson in USA Network’s drama ‘Covert Affairs’ and Lura Grant in HBO’s drama ‘Big Love’. Born and raised in Massachusetts, Dudek attended Northwestern University where she got her first acting role in the theatrical production of ‘The Iphigenia Cycle’. The production went off-Broadway in New York City where she earned the Joseph E. Calloway award for her stunning performance, and was also profiled as one of the ten young theatre actors to watch by American Theater Magazine. Dudek eventually landed roles on television and the big screen. A mother of two behind the screen, the talented actress was married to Matthew Heller from 2008 to 2016.
- From the mid-1990s through the early 2000s, Anne Dudek appeared in several theater productions while in college. She played the titular role in ‘The Iphigenia Cycle’ and was featured in the Broadway production of ‘Wrong Mountain’ and ‘The Glass Menagerie’, the latter of which earned her the Connecticut Critics Circle Award.
- Her first starring role on television came in 2002 when she appeared in the lead role in the British drama ‘The Book Group’. She then featured in the American television programs ‘For the People’, ‘Judging Amy’, ‘Six Feet Under’ and ‘Friends’. Dudek made her film debut with the 2003 drama film ‘The Human Stain’. A year later, she played the role of Tiffany Wilson in ‘White Chicks’, a comedy flick about a pair of FBI agents who don whiteface in order to solve a pair of kidnappings. The film was a financial success and it grossed over $113 million worldwide. After this, the actress made guest appearances in the drama series ‘Invasion’, ‘Bones’ and ‘How I Met Your Mother’.
- In 2006, Dudek was cast as Brittany in the American sitcom ‘Big Day’. That year, she also starred in the movies ‘Park’ and ‘10 Items or Less’. She next joined the cast of ‘Mad Men’ as Francine Hanson. From 2007 to 2012, the actress portrayed the character of Amber Volakis in the medical drama ‘House’. During this period, she also had roles in the series ‘Big Love’ and ‘Covert Affairs’. She featured as Benedicte Schaeffer in the crime drama series ‘Those Who Kill’ in 2014.
- Following guest appearances in an episode each of ‘Grimm’, ‘Grey's Anatomy’ and ‘NCIS: New Orleans’, Dudek did the film ‘Middle Man’, a black comedy about an aspiring comedian who picks up a mysterious hitchhiker while on a road trip to Las Vegas. In 2017, she starred in the sitcoms ‘The Flash’ and ‘You're the Worst’. The following year, she joined the cast of ‘Corporate’ as a series regular. The actress was also seen playing Pamela Duncan in the police procedural web TV series ‘Bosch’ the same year.
- Anne Dudek was born on March 22, 1975, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. She studied at Newton North High School and later graduated from Northwestern University. She married Matthew Heller in 2008. The couple had two kids, Akiva and Saskia, before they got divorced in 2016.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed