Angela Magana Biography
Angela Magana is a mixed martial artist (MMA) from America, and competes in the Strawweight division of Ulitmate Fighting Championship. From living on the streets of Los Angeles, to being addicted to heroin and surviving a rough childhood to becoming a UFC star, Angel Magana’s life story will inspire you to overcome all the odds to live the life of your dreams. She goes by the nickname of ‘Your Majesty’, and started her career in mixed martial arts in 2007. With much gusto and fervor, she made her place in the wrestling federation. She went on to compete for the UF and the UFC. Angela, rightfully claims that she is a champion at life, forget wrestling. The kind of horror that she has survived, she is thankful to be alive. She figured out that she was a natural at mixed martial arts, and it also became an outlet for her to channel all her mental stress and trauma. And she did, even when life continued to be rude to her, she came back to live her story. However, her personal life has always had more attention of the media than her professional life.
- Angela Magana was born on August 10, 1985 to a mother who was a heroin-addict. She lived on the streets of Los Angeles till she was five years old.
- Many a time, she had to fill her stomach with the food left in the garbage cans and dustbins. While eating out of the garbage bins and leftover food on the streets became a habit for young Angels, the silver lining did shine for her when her grandparents took her custody.
- Even though she was in a safer place in life, her traumatic issues lept towards her very often. Another scar that etched in her heart was that her mother died of drug overdose, when Angela was just 17.
- Facing such tragedies at a young age, however, only made her self-reliant and strong. There are no mentions of her father.
- While dealing with her issues, and fighting for her life literally everyday, Angela came across wrestling, and loved the idea of becoming a wrestler. She says that it came naturally to her and she also loved athletics growing up.
- Angela started her career in MMA on March 23rd, 2007 at ‘The Gladiator Challenge’ against Tial Castillo. She won in first round vi KTO .
- Her first defeat came when she tapped out to Jessica Aguilar. She won her next two fights by submission.
- Angela got another match with Jessica at WFC 6 where Angela lost again via a controversial submission. Angela claimed that Jessica’s blood went into her eye, so she went to the refree for the same. Refree mistook it for verbal submission.
- She faced Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc at FCF 19, and won the match via split decision.
- Angela finally defeated Jessica at in the first round of the HOOKnSHOOT Fight 2009 Grand Prix via majority decision.
- She faced and defeated Van Do in the semifinals of ‘ HnS GFight2009 Grand Prix’ via rear-naked choke. However, she lost in the finals where she faced Lisa Huga via unanimous decisions.
- She also faced ‘Invicta FC Atomweight Champion’, Jessica Penne via submission.
- She came back with a winning streak, and won her next three fights, including one against Barb Honchak.
- Angela also competes as Strawweights championship of The Ultimate Fighter. She participated in the division at TUF 20.
- In Episode 6 of The Ultimate Fighter, she faced Aisling Daly and lost via KTO in round three.
- Angela made her UFC debut at ‘The Ultimate Fighter 20 Finale’ and faced Tecia Torres. She was defeated via unanimous decision.
- She returned in to face former ‘Invicta FC Atomweight Champion’. Michelle Waterson at The Ultimate Fighter 21 , but lost the fight via submission.
- On December 2, 2017, she will be facing The Ultimate Fighter: Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia runner-up Amanda Cooper at the UFC 218.
- She competed in the 2009 HooknShoot Women Grand Prix, and became a runner-up after being defeated by Jessica Aguilar.
- Angela has lived a tough life, from living on the streets to losing her mother at a young age; she had to work really hard to keep ends meet since her childhood.
- She even broke her back in 2007, after falling from stairs, but her determination to live her life was strong that soon after recovering from her back, she went back to the cage and fight.
- When that didn’t stop her from living her dream, life threw other fatal episode towards her. While filming a documentary, she met two horrible car accidents.
- She explains that she was preparing for a fight with Carla Esparza when she met the first accident. Her second accident was even worse; the videographer lost his thumb, while she went into coma for two-three days, and stayed in the hospital for ten days.
- The doctors thought that she won’t be able to walk let alone fight, but the fighter that she had been all her life, Angela took it as a challenge and trained even harder to get her life back.
- She went back to wrestle, and win. She knew how it feels—to lose everything in a blink of an eye, and thus, like always she chose to fight instead of giving up.
- She always says that belt is superficial, but she is a champion at life. Clearly, it shows. She reckons that her traumatic childhood and near-death experiences molded her into a very strong person, and made her become her greatest version.
- She is also a single mom to Delilah Magana. No information about the father has been found, but it is said that she is battling for the custody of her daughter for a while.
- Initially she used to live in Thailand with Delilah, but after a complaint was filed by her daughter’s father, she had to move to the USA. She currently lives in Puerto Rico with her daughter.
- It is also rumored that she was engaged to someone, but fate meddled with her love life too, and her fiancé died before they could get married.
- There was a controversy between Angela and fellow MMA fighter, Cris Cybor, where Angela drew a comparison between Cris Cyborg and Billy the Puppet from Saw. The humour was taken personally by Cris and this turned into a brawl. Some witnesses even claimed that Magana was hit by the Cris and her tooth fell off.
- Angela said that she will press charges against her nemesis for hitting her. The matter became infamous, and still is talked about in wrestling business.
- Most recently, she refused to leave her home in Puerto Rico during Irma, the hurricane, even when police officials warned her that she should.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed